ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very pretty there. I wonder how they found out about this campsite. Had they been there before?

Does Timber Creek flow into or out of Stone Reservoir?

Since the mountains are on the south and west side of the campsite, I think the Creek most likely flows north so it starts in the mountains and flows down through the Reservoir and continues on in the creek. https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?usp=sharing&mid=zW6CBVbxpdYA.klXz-SrbHNBI

The campsite is listed in the USDA Forest Service website: http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/scnf/recarea/?recid=76100 However, since it is small and remote, it is most likely they found it by word of mouth or maybe the grandfather or his friend have been there before. I got the impression from the parents' interview that it was their first time there.

Jules71 I see we agree on the direction the creek flows. :)

That is not the same Stone Reservoir. There are two in Idaho. The one listed on the fishingnotes website is in Oneida country, down near the border with Utah. The one DeOrr went missing from is about 250 miles north, in Lemhi country.

Say what? Those Idahoans sure like to duplicate their place names, don't they? 2 Timber Creek campgrounds, 2 Stone Reservoirs, etc. Sorry I didn't notice that when I posted the fishing site info. earlier. Confusing!

Say what? Those Idahoans sure like to duplicate their place names, don't they? 2 Timber Creek campgrounds, 2 Stone Reservoirs, etc. Sorry I didn't notice that when I posted the fishing site info. earlier. Confusing!

Yes it is confusing. I did the same thing earlier on by posting a link to the wrong campground.

Okay God forgive me...I just finished watching this:

[video=youtube;mwM1oG3z358]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwM1oG3z358[/video]

<modsnip>
I think she looks around because she gets distracted by people talking behind the camera. Just my impression.

I didn't like how he kept referring to his his wife as her or she. Use her name! Just a pet peeve. They have a lot going on but need to respect each other.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I agree with you, just use her name!

They are not married, so technically she is not his wife.

According to this article, children under the age of three don't realize they are lost, and don't panic. Many are found asleep (if they're found in time).

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ben-s...old_b_198883.html?ir=India&adsSiteOverride=in

But I agree with you that they should expand the search parameters.

I don't agree that they don't panic. Nobody is there to hear them cry themselves to sleep. More importantly, the article describes the clues they leave behind and apparently they can't find ANY clues to track Deorr.
I don't understand why the Sheriff has not called in the FBI to assist.

Expert trackers say that an average person leaves behind two thousand clues for every mile he travels. Each step you take produces evidence -- a footprint, a broken twig, a clump of mud, a twisted blade of grass. A team of well-trained searchers spaced ten feet apart usually can detect 95 percent of the useful clues. If they're spaced fifty feet apart, they'll discover 75 percent of the clues.

It is my personal opinion that he is in the reservoir, OR another area of water.
My family who has participated in the searches, as well as word I'm hearing from them is
that many have hinky meters going through the roof. I hope he is lost, and hiding out somewhere and
this doesn't end up being a criminal case, BUT; as you know we here at WS have followed many many missing
child cases and maybe that makes us more hypersensitive to how different people grieve, vs. what may in fact be the norm
for that particular person or persons.
The area of the camping spot is wide open, and there were many families there that weekend.
Due to decomp, if he is in that water or other water beds, bloat would have already occurred and I would assume (not 100%) he would be floating
at the surface by now.
Remember the case of Russell and Shirley, in Georgia? she was even tied down heavily as to prevent floating to the surface, and she still did.
I truly, truly hope this is not the case of our little guy here.
I might also mention, there are cabins everywhere in that area. They are spread out from one another, and some are close, MAYBE he found one to hide in. Gosh wouldn't that be awesome?

Thank you for your post. I have no idea of the type of campground they were at. I pictured then in the middle of nowhere with nobody around.

So it would be possible an abduction did occur with so many people in the area?

How do you think that could have occured with the grandpa and friend seeing nothing.

Not putting you on the spot but since you are there thinking you might shed some light on an abduction happening.

Thank you.

THE PARENTS ARE VICTIMS, NOT SUSPECTS!!!!!

Please leave them alone

So Little Timber Creek eventually joins or turns into Big Timber Creek? And that flows toward Leadore?

Since the mountains are on the south and west side of the campsite, I think the Creek most likely flows north so it starts in the mountains and flows down through the Reservoir and continues on in the creek. https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?usp=sharing&mid=zW6CBVbxpdYA.klXz-SrbHNBI

The campsite is listed in the USDA Forest Service website: http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/scnf/recarea/?recid=76100 However, since it is small and remote, it is most likely they found it by word of mouth or maybe the grandfather or his friend have been there before. I got the impression from the parents' interview that it was their first time there.

I agree with you, just use her name!

They are not married, so technically she is not his wife. The misinformation floating around drives me crazy.
I agree they aren't married. Where I live she would be his "wife" because they live together and have a child. Common law marriage. That's what I meant by wife. Not trying to provide misinformation, just using my common terminology.

I havent read too much about this case but a few questions immediately come to mind.

I saw in one spot it said the parents mentioned he had been missing an hour and in this article he was only gone 15 minutes and they called 911. So not sure about the time discrepancy.

"The boy’s parents, DeOrr Kunz Sr. and Jessica Mitchell, told police they left the toddler with his great-grandfather and a friend of the great-grandfather’s to go exploring, but when they returned less than 15 minutes later, the child was nowhere to be found. The great-grandfather, in turn, thought DeOrr was with his parents. It was then that Mitchell called 911 to report her son missing."

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2015/07/17/deorr-kunz-missing-family-fear-abducted

But the biggest thing that bothers me is there was another adult there and havent seen anything about this other adult friend of the great grandfather.

They both didnt fall asleep I dont think so why would not 1 of them seen the boy.

And another thing that bugs me is this is the great grandfather they are talking about which seems unusual to go camping when the grandfather did not go.

I didnt realize the grandfather and great grandfather were 2 different people. Usually a camping trip would not involve very old people that are not fit for it. Do we know how old we are talking about?

Maybe they are younger than I am thinking.

I do agree with others that the search needs to go out to at least 5 miles in all directions.

I just wish there was a way to get better information from all the adults. LE says they talked with them which is good. The articles dont do a good enough job to tell us all the details.

It just struck me as odd for a young couple to be camping with great grandparents when grandfather did not go. Unless maybe the grandfather did not get along with great grandfather.

Just wish the boy could be found. So sad. It does not sound good.

What is that structure just up / down the 172 road from the campground? It looks like there is an 18-wheeler or truck with a long trailer parked near it.

It's a pickup pulling a large RV parked next to one of those pop-up canopies.

Locals, would it be unusual there for kids to be in coats? My kid would have thrown that off in a second if he was hiking around, but I'm in hot and humid NC. It would be good to know what color shirt he had on, if the camo jacket has been discarded in the woods and not found because it blends in. I don't think I've seen a shirt description anywhere.

Good thinking! yes this would absolutely vital to know for the searchers. I would assume that the parents have shared this info with LE and search groups.

One thing I find curious is the assertion that Deorr had to have THREE favorite things with him at all times. Monkey,blankie and sippee cup. I find that unusual to have THREE things to carry around. Did Deorr really carry all 3 things with him everywhere all of the time? The parents say yes, he did. It just seems odd that a 2 yr old would carry a blanket , a sock monkey and a cup with him when he is out. How did he do anything with his hands so full?

That is not the same Stone Reservoir. There are two in Idaho. The one listed on the fishingnotes website is in Oneida country, down near the border with Utah. The one DeOrr went missing from is about 250 miles north, in Lemhi country.

Oh right, thank you.

So was anyone able to find out what temperature the Lemhi county Stone Reservoir has right now?

Right at the very beginning of the interview he indicates something like this as he talks about only 1 bar on the phone...

"not wanting to risk getting half way through my ?"

Obviously he meant to say "through my call".

But the strange part is she was the one making the call. So how did he know only 1 bar.

Were they both in the same vehicle or not?

I agree that something doesnt sound right at all.

Right at the very beginning of the interview he indicates something like this as he talks about only 1 bar on the phone...

"not wanting to risk getting half way through my ?"

Obviously he meant to say "through my call".

But the strange part is she was the one making the call. So how did he know only 1 bar.

Were they both in the same vehicle or not?

I agree that something doesnt sound right at all.
They both called. His call went through while the mother was on the line with the 911 operator. I imagine it went something like this... they both looked at their phones and saw reception was 1 bar. He jumped in the truck to get out in the open more and find better reception. She stayed at the camp and tried to make the call anyways. Her call went through and when he got better reception a couple minutes later, also called.

It flows out of the reservoir in the interview they said they were camped below the dam. check it out on the map. https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zW6CBVbxpdYA.klXz-SrbHNBI&usp=sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee