ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a good thought because I think Idaho has its fair share of wild animals like that.

That sure would explain such a sudden disappearance they way they described it.

This is 1 really sad story. A week is way too long.
I unfortunately do not think the boy can be alive at this point unless he was kidnapped.

So I regrettably am hoping he was kidnapped.
Uggggg.

This topic has been discussed already in this thread. Some knowledgeable members shared interesting facts. Just search the thread for 'lion' and 'bear' and you'll find them. It's definitely a possibility here, last but not least for the fact that a lion or bear could easily and lightning-quickly grab and subdue a child, then carry it away, leaving no sign on the ground. A lion, it was explained, would crush a person's neck to kill, leaving no blood trail.

OTOH, it has not been reported anywhere that lions and/or bears or their tracks have been found in the area.

That story by HLN about human cremains being dumped in the reservoir is really bothering me. I want more information, but haven't seen it reported by any other media station. Could HLN be wrong in its reporting? It's a pretty wild story for them to be wrong about.

ITA. While there is a search going on for a missing child, someone is dumping cremains in the reservoir? Did anyone see he/she doing it? Who were they? This cremains thing sounds very fishy to me.

This topic has been discussed already in this thread. Some knowledgeable members shared interesting facts. Just search the thread for 'lion' and 'bear' and you'll find them. It's definitely a possibility here, last but not least for the fact that a lion or bear could easily and lightning-quickly grab and subdue a child, then carry it away, leaving no sign on the ground. A lion, it was explained, would crush a person's neck to kill, leaving no blood trail.

OTOH, it has not been reported anywhere that lions and/or bears or their tracks have been found in the area.

And neither have the child's tracks been found, although we can assume he was in the area. MOO

Do you remember the family of 4 that was missing over a year in Alaska ? Numerous searches with tracking canines, ATV's, helicopters, cadaver dogs.........nothing. Just recently they came across the entire family lying out in the middle of a field in plain view, less than a 1/2 mile from their house. You can't make this stuff up.......... That case was so egregious, they didn't even bother to try and explain it away, it would have sounded stupid regardless.

This is why I brought up David Paulides and the Missing-411 series of books. There have been a lot of people disappearing in America's Parks and wilderness areas under some pretty bizarre circumstances. Some are never found… some are lucky and are found alive… and with some, bones are found years later. Sometimes a body is found - found in a location that no one would even have thought to search or places that have been searched before.

That's why these searchers must think outside of the box. Some people think that there is an animal or predator that takes these small children that go missing in these remote areas and then carries them to locations that are counter-intuitive to where the rest of us would look for a small child. Sometimes when a child is found alive, they are found on a logging road miles away and no one can figure out how they got there.

What do the children say about this, the ones who are found alive? Some don't remember anything, or are too young to talk. Some kids will say a dog cared for them… or a wolf. One child said something about a bear cuddling them at night. The searchers discounted that because they could not imagine a bear "cuddling" a child instead of consuming the child. I have to say that it is very disturbing to read about case after case, child after child, adult after adult, who have disappeared, many without a trace. You do begin to wonder.

So far, the disappearance of Deorr is playing out like many of the incidents that Paulides documents. I hope there is a resolution and that by some miracle he is found alive. But I believe it they find him, alive or deceased, they will find him either in the creek or the lake… or in a place where they least expect to find him - up above the campsite in the hills/mountains, on a logging road, or in a place they searched repeatedly. JMHO

Do you remember the family of 4 that was missing over a year in Alaska ? Numerous searches with tracking canines, ATV's, helicopters, cadaver dogs.........nothing. Just recently they came across the entire family lying out in the middle of a field in plain view, less than a 1/2 mile from their house. You can't make this stuff up.......... That case was so egregious, they didn't even bother to try and explain it away, it would have sounded stupid regardless.

OMG I remember that story! I lost track of it though. That's incredible! Did they commit suicide? Can you remind me of the name so I can look up the thread? tia!

I hadnt heard that story but I totally believe it. It happens all the time where they finally find someone in an area that was previously searched.

What worries me with a little boy such as him is I hope they carefully search again all the obvious spots right near the campground.

One mistake that I can see happening very easily is that people tend to begin to look away from the immediate campground area because they take a quick look around and dont see anything so their mind shifts that he has to be further away. When the boy could be right there near the campground and just hidden very well. Like inside a large hollow tree trunk. Or had climbed inside a fallen hollowed out log.

The story I do recall is about someone who was lost and after searching a very long time all the surrounding areas they found them in the car right in the driveway.

This is why I brought up David Paulides and the Missing-411 series of books. There have been a lot of people disappearing in America's Parks and wilderness areas under some pretty bizarre circumstances. Some are never found… some are lucky and are found alive… and with some, bones are found years later. Sometimes a body is found - found in a location that no one would even have thought to search or places that have been searched before.

That's why these searchers must think outside of the box. Some people think that there is an animal or predator that takes these small children that go missing in these remote areas and then carries them to locations that are counter-intuitive to where the rest of us would look for a small child. Sometimes when a child is found alive, they are found on a logging road miles away and no one can figure out how they got there.

What do the children say about this, the ones who are found alive? Some don't remember anything, or are too young to talk. Some kids will say a dog cared for them… or a wolf. One child said something about a bear cuddling them at night. The searchers discounted that because they could not imagine a bear "cuddling" a child instead of consuming the child. I have to say that it is very disturbing to read about case after case, child after child, adult after adult, who have disappeared, many without a trace. You do begin to wonder.

So far, the disappearance of Deorr is playing out like many of the incidents that Paulides documents. I hope there is a resolution and that by some miracle he is found alive. But I believe it they find him, alive or deceased, they will find him either in the creek or the lake… or in a place where they least expect to find him - up above the campsite in the hills/mountains, on a logging road, or in a place they searched repeatedly. JMHO

Yeah, they have some really interesting interviews with David Paulides on Youtube. Anybody that has some spare time on their hands would really enjoy listening to him tell stories about people simply vanishing in the National parks. Apparently there has been a whole bunch of them, very similar to this case. Many of his interviews were done on the late night talk show Coast-to-Coast, and most of them are at least an hour or two long. Lot's of bizarre and interesting missing persons cases revolving around the wilderness.

ITA. While there is a search going on for a missing child, someone is dumping cremains in the reservoir? Did anyone see he/she doing it? Who were they? This cremains thing sounds very fishy to me.

I suspect the sheriff meant they caught someone doing it at night. There's probably a guard there.

Right! Was someone purposely trying to throw searchers off or did someone just decide "hmm an active search and rescue location would be a great time/place to dump my loved ones ashes."

Exactly what I have been thinking. If no foul play, I am leaning more and more to a large cat. A mountain lion. They are amazingly stealth and they will wait in the wings and watch until they can pounce.

One spot a lion could take the boy would be way up high in a tree.
Please Searchers....Look UP in trees too. Nobody ever looks up when searching.

The next time you are ever in the woods try to remember this how you never look up. It is quite amazing that us humans never tend to look up.

Someone told me that once and I didnt believe it until I started to pay attention and sure enough I seldom if ever look up in trees when I am in the woods hiking.

Right! Was someone purposely trying to throw searchers off or did someone just decide "hmm an active search and rescue location would be a great time/place to dump my loved ones ashes."

My guess is a crematorium. There was a big scandal in Florida decades ago involving one overloaded with unclaimed ashes. They'd been spreading them in the parking lot! I guess unclaimed ashes is an issue.

One spot a lion could take the boy would be way up high in a tree.

Mountain lions don't do that as far as I know (jaguars do). They'll cache food on the ground and scrape debris over it then they tend to lounge nearby to guard it. I'm not sure such a small child would not be consumed totally though with no need for a cache. I was the one who originally brought up a predator and I still think it's a possibly.

ADMIN NOTE: Any further speculation about the parents WILL result in a Time Out.

Chief deputy on missing boy's family: 'They're solid

KTVB, KTVB.COM 2:14 p.m. MDT July 16, 2015

[...]
"We've interviewed the family, and the information they've provided us - my office, myself - we're good with that," he said. "And I know there's a lot of innuendo out on social media and a lot of stuff going out there and it would be nice if it would stop and let them have a little peace. They're solid."
:bump:

This warning was posted yesterday evening.

Well, when my dad passed, we placed his cremains in his favorite lake, per his wishes. We did it the weekend after we received them. It was a sudden, unexpected death, and we had no clue what was going on in local or national news.

That being said, if there had been a visible, active search going on when we went, that would have been different.

But who has cremains on hand that they are willing to dump to create diversion?

I guess never say never though!

OMG I remember that story! I lost track of it though. That's incredible! Did they commit suicide? Can you remind me of the name so I can look up the thread? tia!

AK - Hundley/Jividen Family of Four, Kenai, 27 May 2014

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...dley-Jividen-Family-of-Four-Kenai-27-May-2014

Yes, when they FINALLY found their bodies, they also found a pistol. Apparently it was a murder/suicide by either one or both of the parents.

Here is a map I made up way back then showing where they were found in proximity to their house.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zL60ekYdecFc.k0LcQ5pbAJ3Y

Here is a similar story of the Jamison family in Oklahoma who went missing and they searched near their truck where they found the dog almost dead of thirst. It took searches a very long time to ultimately find the 3 bodies that was about 1 mile from that truck.
I think it was over a year or more before they found the 3 bodies.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-IDs-money-amp-dog-found-abandoned-Oct-2009-2

To be fair, the father used those words because those were the same words used by the shopkeeper. It was reported that a man in a black truck came in to the store with a filthy, bawling kid and bought him a candy bar. The father said that he stopped into the store with his son around noon. And he said the time was wrong but the description was correct.

I'm behind in reading...

but... I wonder if there is a time-stamped surveillance video of DK Sr. And JR. At the store buying candy?

:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member