ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what reasons would LE ask the family to stay around the campsite area for? Is it so they can quickly identify items that may or may not be related to their missing son?

Didn't they say it was so they could brief the parents twice per day? They've also asked the public to stay out of the area.

JMO

I think the rumors of an emt bag would more likely pertain to finding one than one being missing. But obviously that's just my guess.

I am also curious (like someone else mentioned) how these parents way out in an isolated place like this would know what rumors are circulating when they are experiencing their worst nightmare. Would the reporter be the one to first inform them of rumors maybe from comments on news articles? I don't think family would upset the parents by gossiping about rumors floating around. And really what the heck does it matter if people think Dad's employer was giving him time off or letting him go or not?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I think the rumors of an emt bag would more likely pertain to finding one than one being missing. But obviously that's just my guess.

I am also curious (like someone else mentioned) how these parents way out in an isolated place like this would know what rumors are circulating when they are experiencing their worst nightmare. Would the reporter be the one to first inform them of rumors maybe from comments on news articles? I don't think family would upset the parents by gossiping about rumors floating around. And really what the heck does it matter if people think Dad's employer was giving him time off or letting him go or not?

My take on the rumors is that they were being reported to LE and it was tying up LE resources trying to separate speculation from valid tips.

JMO

I agree with this 100%. I can't even figure out the identity of the grandfather. I thought it was JM's grandfather and TBC's father. There are two online obits of women who both list TBC as their daughter - noow that is odd - not step-daughter or daughter-in-law, but actual daughter. How can you have two moms? And the father who shares her name, and who one would assume is her actual father, is deceased, so that obviously isn't the grandfather on the camping trip, even though she refers to him as her dad. Way confusing - even with all the info available online, I can't figure it out. And the EMT bag comment bothers me as well.

Maybe she was adopted and found her biological parents later on in life? Then it would make sense that two woman have listed her as their daughter and that she still has one dad that is alive.

BBM above^ Or somebody was seen carrying an EMT bag and it looked suspicious.

About the poor parents hearing rumors even though they are in a remote area. They might have a family member or close friend that is the gossipy type and brings up the rumors even when it is not appropriate. I have some family members like that, they like the stir the pot and increase the drama in any situation, even though it may hurt other members of the family. Also LE might have addressed some rumors when they were interviewing them. Or just run the rumors by them to verify, in fact, that they are just rumors.

BBM above^ Or somebody was seen carrying an EMT bag and it looked suspicious.

About the poor parents hearing rumors even though they are in a remote area. They might have a family member or close friend that is the gossipy type and brings up the rumors even when it is not appropriate. I have some family members like that, they like the stir the pot and increase the drama in any situation, even though it may hurt other members of the family. Also LE might have addressed some rumors when they were interviewing them. Or just run the rumors by them to verify, in fact, that they are just rumors.
Great points. Thanks!

My experience has been in each family (mom's family, dad's family) there is probably at least one female who cannot wait to fill them both in on every bit of gossip, rumor, etc., because some people like keeping the pot stirred and being in the unique position of main info-giver under the guise of sympathy, empathy to boost their value to the grieving/wounded person. There are men like that too, but by far this is a woman thing.

There are two campgrounds at this location, off of the same road. I believe they were staying at the lower campground (2 campsites listed). The other campground is on the other side of the reservoir. I think it is called the "upper" Timber Creek campground or Timber Creek Reservoir campground. It is listed as having 5 campsites as well as a boat launch.

Was anyone camping there? Can the lower campground be seen from the upper campground? Is this what little Deorr's dad was talking about in the interview? Is the upper campground only accessible through the same road (172)?

I heard about the upper road that one could see this families campsite from but this family could not see up there from what the father said in the video. Senior. He seemed surprised it was even there. I wondered if this is a campsite they visit often and maybe he thought he knew quite a bit about it.

It doesn't seem unusual for them to take grandpa and his friend camping with them. They lived with him and they were all used to each other in doing so.

Something I thought of this morning. I wonder how many others they know knew they were going to this spot? Had they taken other friends or family with them? Who did the family tell they were going camping and where.

I am not a camper but folks seem to travel to the same spots. Places they are familiar with. Could somebody have told the wrong person?

Another thought I had is that I would believe when you first arrive at camp that would be the most vulnerable with unpacking and getting things set up. Did somebody take advantage of that time?

Just things I ponder as I wait to hear word about the little guy.

I have checked over on mom's FB page for any news and she has added and changed some photos the last few days so I believe she has access to the internet and is using her phone to keep in touch. Somebody must be keeping it charged for her or maybe using their truck battery. MOO

Again though, she was not on the trip. She is just repeating her version of what she heard second hand. This is not a fact.

I know. And that's all anyone has heard from the last one to see little Deorr---second hand versions. And the problem is that the second hand versions don't match up with each other.

Grandma says that SHE WAS TOLD that her father was watching Deorr, looked away, looked back, and the boy had vanished.

But Mom says that Great gramps thought that Deorr was off with the parents, and thought they were watching him.

And grampa just said in PEOPLE Mag, that there was only FOUR MINUTES of time where he was missing before the parents returned. HUH? How does that fit?

I wish great Grandpa and his friend would make a detailed statement so we could get a clearer picture of what happened.

The amount of time the person would have wasn't just the few minutes when the child disappeared (4-15+ minutes), it would also include the time before it was reported (20 min-1 hour) and the time after the report and before authorities arrived on scene (what was the response time?), maybe even a little after while searchers organized.

At this point, I fear that getting closure, and maybe justice, is the best anyone can hope for. My heart breaks for this family and little DeOrr.

I was responding to your comment of a possible burial and thinking you meant at the location, but good points re: time frame either way. My heart breaks for them all as well. Since it seems like he's not alive I can only hope he died quickly with minimal suffering.

Yeah, and I want to know: G. Grandpa was watching him (according to dad)...so how was it that G.Grandpa thought dad was watching him?? Confusing!

Yeah, and I want to know: G. Grandpa was watching him (according to dad)...so how was it that G.Grandpa thought dad was watching him?? Confusing!
My guess would be that no one asked grandpa to watch him. They assumed he would be fine with grandpa by the fire and went off the explore knowing they wouldn't be long.

I have lived in Idaho my whole life and the mountains have always been my playground. This situation is really starting to depress me. I wish I was closer so I could help in some way. Mom looked so haggard in the interview video she was practically unrecognizable. So sad.

Also, we have had cougars come into town, even in Boise which is very populated. They have to be killed as they are so dangerous. They have been spotted in peoples fenced backyards and have killed small dogs and cats.

My guess would be that no one asked grandpa to watch him. They assumed he would be fine with grandpa by the fire and went off the explore knowing they wouldn't be long.

Had they even built a fire or pitched the tent at that point? I still haven't figured out why they even went there to begin with because of such few details being released.

JMO

I suppose an abduction is possible. In addition to a road that splits in three in the immediate area, there are also ATV trails as well as hiking and horseback riding trails nearby, including in the area on the other side of the creek.

I think Dad Deorr might've brought his own ATV on this trip. I am wondering if GGPa brought his own vehicle? How many vehicles did they all bring, including ATVs?

I am also wondering where the campsite vault toilet that is listed is actually located.

One more thing: there are several mines in the area. There are a dozen listed for just the Leadore area. I believe this is where the town might've gotten its name.

I find this whole area very scenic and interesting. I think they picked a campsite based on activities they would enjoy together, including fishing, hiking, and ATV riding. The little town of Leadore's convenience store probably caters to campers like this. I wonder how much traffic that store sees?

I heard about the upper road that one could see this families campsite from but this family could not see up there from what the father said in the video. Senior. He seemed surprised it was even there. I wondered if this is a campsite they visit often and maybe he thought he knew quite a bit about it.

It doesn't seem unusual for them to take grandpa and his friend camping with them. They lived with him and they were all used to each other in doing so.

Something I thought of this morning. I wonder how many others they know knew they were going to this spot? Had they taken other friends or family with them? Who did the family tell they were going camping and where.

I am not a camper but folks seem to travel to the same spots. Places they are familiar with. Could somebody have told the wrong person?

Another thought I had is that I would believe when you first arrive at camp that would be the most vulnerable with unpacking and getting things set up. Did somebody take advantage of that time?

Just things I ponder as I wait to hear word about the little guy.
I thought they lived with Deorr Kunz Srs dad. Not Jessica's Great grandfather (who they took camping). Correct me if I'm wrong. This case is pretty confusing.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

(modsnip)

So lets start with that. The average adult at a normal pace can walk a mile in approx. 20 min. Average walk. So that average adult can walk 1/5 of mile in 4 minutes. Just for Math's sake, lets cut that in half for a 2 year old walking (I actually think it would be less than half) that would mean a 2 year old can walk .05 miles or roughly 264 feet in 4 minutes. So, lets say Deorr was 264 feet away from an adult when they saw he was missing (4 minutes, remember) Take a radius of 264 feet from ground zero which is campfire. They could have eyeballed him if he was still on flat ground. There is NO WAY he made it to top of mountain...no way he made it to second campsite either up...across...or down. That leaves 2 options only...he fell into the creek which IS within 264 feet of campsite, or some stealthy animal came in and snatched him up and took off within that 4 minutes. I really do not think it is possible for an unknown to come in and snatch him and get away within that 4 minutes without anyone seeing him. Dad stated emphatically that they have NEVER been to this spot before and LE 100% assured him that he was not in resevoir.
I remember awhile back a cold case of a child going missing (can't remember his name) in state park/camping. They practically drained the creek and no sign of anything, anywhere. Many years later they discovered thru natural erosion that the creek bed had created a thin shelf under the water line from the rocks and that is where they found the childs skeletal remains...he had gotten caught up in current and went up under this shelf-like rock formation. I fear this is where Deorr will be found...tangled somewhere in the creek. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salorenz