ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all nothing but a huge amount of speculation and personal opinion, none of which equals anything close to fact that we know of. The only fact there is, is that we know absolutely nothing, we have no idea whether the man exists or not, or even what LE REALLY believes about that man or anyone else. LE isn't concerned about what we know, and in fact would rather we don't know. So therefore we know absolutely zilch. Including whether or not the siting of this man or if he exists is legitimate or not. We don't know anything. That said, if my child came up missing, and I had seen a creepy man staring at my child, I would be highly suspicious. Are you saying you wouldn't be?

I would be, and I wouldn't then leave a 2 yr. old child with an elderly GGF who has serious health problems. If I was that suspicious/creeped out, I would have waited until after child's nap to do whatever. I camped when my daughter was about 18 months-2 yrs. she was never out of my sight, had 4(8-16) other kids with us, they had to go everywhere as a group.

This is CLEARLY my speculation as to why I personally doubt the guy is a viable lead and/or exists. I was writing specifically in response to a question asking if I thought the mom was lying. And my answer was no, it's not that simplistic. Hopefully no one would read from any of these points that I think we should be more filled in or that it matters what we know. That is opposite of what I think. If you think my posts amount to a whole lot of nothing, please disregard them, don't feel like you have to evaluate and judge them. And I hope you understand why I wont take the invitation to answer your question.

The evaluation of information and / or opinions is one of the things that we all do here, or I guess there wouldn't be much of a discussion at all. I simply responded with my own opinion to your post, just as you and others here are doing. To offend was not my intention, and my apologies if it was taken that way. :)

There is just no reason to think mom is lying about the creepy, staring guy with the black truck. Something about him creeped her out and made her mother's instinct antennae stand up at that moment. Of course, no one thinks that a creep will follow you to a remote campsite to take your child until the child is missing and you start to think of any and all possibilities. Sheriff dismissed the creepy man, saying something like 'you can't search for everyone that stares at a baby'.

How many people are followed home or elsewhere by someone that saw them in a store, etc. and end up getting robbed and worse?

I don't think any of these characters that have popped up mean a thing. If they did there would be LE everywhere looking for them. All points bulletins...be on the lookout.

Not just one wanting to be famous PI sitting and explaining to everybody what happened. Bunk..just bunk.

They don't exist. They are a figment of somebody's imagination. Made up characters.

To me the case is simple. LE has some information but not enough to make an arrest.

Three things can happen. One they find DeOrr and do make an arrest. Two they arrest those they think are responsible for something else..think Hailey Cummings Father and Step mother. Three nothing happens.

The FBI is not going to come in with some glowing finger and say 'this is what happened'. If they knew who done it...they would have been arrested long ago.

A waiting game is what we are now playing. Kind of cat and mouse. Waiting for something..anything.

MOO

There is just no reason to think mom is lying about the creepy, staring guy with the black truck. Something about him creeped her out and made her mother's instinct antennae stand up at that moment. Of course, no one thinks that a creep will follow you to a remote campsite to take your child until the child is missing and you start to think of any and all possibilities. Sheriff dismissed the creepy man, saying something like 'you can't search for everyone that stares at a baby'.

When the sheriff said that, I got the impression he was holding back something -- an impression I also got when he mentioned the cameras. I really do believe (speculation and my opinion only, of course) that the sheriff has either identified the man and checked him out or has otherwise cleared him somehow. Why he wouldn't just say that, I don't know -- but I did get the sense that he was using a bit of sleight of hand there.

How many people are followed home or elsewhere by someone that saw them in a store, etc. and end up getting robbed and worse?

I have heard more than a few of these stories. There are undeniably evil people out there.

I don't think any of these characters that have popped up mean a thing. If they did there would be LE everywhere looking for them. All points bulletins...be on the lookout.

Not just one wanting to be famous PI sitting and explaining to everybody what happened. Bunk..just bunk.

They don't exist. They are a figment of somebody's imagination. Made up characters.

To me the case is simple. LE has some information but not enough to make an arrest.

Three things can happen. One they find DeOrr and do make an arrest. Two they arrest those they think are responsible for something else..think Hailey Cummings Father and Step mother. Three nothing happens.

The FBI is not going to come in with some glowing finger and say 'this is what happened'. If they knew who done it...they would have been arrested long ago.

A waiting game is what we are now playing. Kind of cat and mouse. Waiting for something..anything.

MOO

I totally agree and if even if they end up concluding this is an accidental/negligent death/coverup, there may not be enough evidence to chance prosecuting. It seems these are the toughest cases as there is usually no motive, crime scene evidence and no body. Unless someone talks??? Bottom line, I don't expect the Sheriff to tell us much or maybe nothing at all unless they make an arrest. It gives me chills when the Sheriff said something to the effect the report from the FBI will be "critical" in this case, which makes me believe it has something to do with the evidence they turned over like "sink or swim."

I wonder....If the parents really believe DeOrr has been abducted, do they have any ideas or strong suspicions of who did this?

I wonder....If the parents really believe DeOrr has been abducted, do they have any ideas or strong suspicions of who did this?

Strong suspicions and evidence are two different things. Evidently not enough of the latter to issue any kind of "be on the look out for...".

I have to go back to the beginning and again listen to the first tape. Seems everybody just believed he was lost. Then came the thought he might have been abducted which gathered no steam at all.

MOO

Good question. I would speculate that if the parents did have suspicions of who it could be that they would have given that info to LE and those people would have been looked into (as long as LE were in a position at that stage in the investigation to believe abduction could be even a remote possibility--meaning, if they haven't yet determined that something else happened to the little boy).

Also, seems like the parents would have given that info to the PI and the PI would be more interested in tracking those people down than doing sketches of strangers. I dunno why, but it seems like the PI would've mentioned it, even it were in vague terms.

(I didn't really get the feeling when JM said "How could they do this to us?" in the interview that she had knowledge of who they were. I kinda read it as "how could anyone do this to us?")

Best guess only. IMO. Etc.

ETA: After a very brief look at what I could find, JM never did say "they". It was just statements by her and DK about how no one could hate them enough to hurt them like this. (paraphrasing)

When the sheriff said that, I got the impression he was holding back something -- an impression I also got when he mentioned the cameras. I really do believe (speculation and my opinion only, of course) that the sheriff has either identified the man and checked him out or has otherwise cleared him somehow. Why he wouldn't just say that, I don't know -- but I did get the sense that he was using a bit of sleight of hand there.

I have heard more than a few of these stories. There are undeniably evil people out there.

Yes there are! How about the Petit murders where the two guys followed the mom and daughter home from the store. One of them took the mom to the bank and she told the teller that another guy was at her house holding her family. The police went to her house and didn't go in. They were too late. Tragic story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good question. I would speculate that if the parents did have suspicions of who it could be that they would have given that info to LE and those people would have been looked into (as long as LE were in a position at that stage in the investigation to believe abduction could be even a remote possibility--meaning, if they haven't yet determined that something else happened to the little boy).

Also, seems like the parents would have given that info to the PI and the PI would be more interested in tracking those people down than doing sketches of strangers. I dunno why, but it seems like the PI would've mentioned it, even it were in vague terms.

(I didn't really get the feeling when JM said "How could they do this to us?" in the interview that she had knowledge of who they were. I kinda read it as "how could anyone do this to us?")

Best guess only. IMO. Etc.

Which interview was it where JM said "How could they do this to us?" (Not the original...I just watched that again)....D Sr. also said something to the effect of "Everyone has people who hate them...." or something....I want to listen to that again....

Which interview was it where JM said "How could they do this to us?" (Not the original...I just watched that again)....D Sr. also said something to the effect of "Everyone has people who hate them...." or something....I want to listen to that again....

Was it in an unedited version, if there was one? (I don't think there was, but maybe?) she didn't speak in the second interview so couldn't be that. Maybe the vigil? I will try to look once I get home to my puter. I totally spaced on that DK said that everyone has people who hate them.
They do? Yikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is on this news video around 2:20 - it's from the original interview. It's weird because I just listened again to the "unedited" version of the entire interview and I can't find that part.

[video=youtube;IqtP8dqKdC8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqtP8dqKdC8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqtP8dqKdC8[/video]

It was interesting to listen to the whole unedited version of the parents' interview again. A little confusing thing is that some things that were in the "edited" version weren't actually in the unedited version, but that's neither here nor there.

I think that my memory is faulty and I must have been thinking of what JM and DK relayed kinda together at 2:20-2:25ish about (paraphrasing) thinking no one could hate them enough to take their son, "knowing how much it would hurt us..."

So she never said "they" in this video at least.

It's hard for me to tell if she is talking about specific people who hate them, but not enough to take their son because those people know how much it would hurt JM and DK, specifically. Or whether she is just saying that anyone who takes a child would obviously know it would devastate the parents. Dunno!

It is on this news video around 2:20 - it's from the original interview. It's weird because I just listened again to the "unedited" version of the entire interview and I can't find that part.

[video=youtube;IqtP8dqKdC8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqtP8dqKdC8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqtP8dqKdC8[/video]

We were crossing posts. Jinx.

There it is....right at 2:15....Yeah, NOT in the UNedited version...odd. Thank you for finding this!

...might attract stares from many people.

Don't forget it was the parents themselves who mentioned 'filthy bawling toddler' or words to that effect, and only when referring to a rumor about something the store clerk had observed. IIRC we have never had that statement from the store clerk confirmed or denied, yet it still seems to be discussed as though it is a fact of this case.

Don't forget it was the parents themselves who mentioned 'filthy bawling toddler' or words to that effect, and only when referring to a rumor about something the store clerk had observed. IIRC we have never had that statement from the store clerk confirmed or denied, yet it still seems to be discussed as though it is a fact of this case.

There are no facts in this case.. we have "information"..words , reports from LE, the news etc, and spoken statements from the family etc. That's all.We dont even have evidence...a found boot for example.. anything..JMO

Anything i write is just my opinion.

Did I miss any new interviews or parents talking?

The interview above over who would want to hurt them, that was weird. Honestly for them to think someone would do this, they must have some ideas or reasons why. I can honestly say I believe that there is no one on this planet that would want to hurt me.

But I guess under stress things might just come out. I think they had already talked about this possibility, they both said racking their brains pretty much at the same time.

I have some ideas but not sure of what we can speculate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo