ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe them not doing it was their answer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After a week of nothing that must be right.

I honestly can't see LE being so seemingly "relaxed" and taking their time/ignoring everything the PI wants doing without having good knowledge/information of what has happened in this case, IMO.

I honestly can't see LE being so seemingly "relaxed" and taking their time/ignoring everything the PI wants doing without having good knowledge/information of what has happened in this case, IMO.

I TOTALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY agree.

If the fbi is doing an investigation now would le have any say over it at this point?

If the fbi is doing an investigation now would le have any say over it at this point?

AFAIK, Lemhi County Sheriffs department is still the lead in the case so any findings by the FBI will be passed back to them to use?

I honestly don't know the protocol between the two, though. I guess every case is unique.

IMO, what I think the sketch could end up looking like if different descriptions were given for the Leadore staring man vs Swan Valley staring man.
73ff9bdf83dca217b98dadfb8b1467e4.jpg

AFAIK, Lemhi County Sheriffs department is still the lead in the case so any findings by the FBI will be passed back to them to use?

I honestly don't know the protocol between the two, though. I guess every case is unique.

Seems to me there are four agencies.

1. Lemhi County Sheriffs Dept.
2. FBI
3. Idaho State Police
4. Idaho Falls LE

Maybe another one?

I too wonder how they all work together.

MOO

IMO, what I think the sketch could end up looking like if different descriptions were given for the Leadore staring man vs Swan Valley staring man.
73ff9bdf83dca217b98dadfb8b1467e4.jpg

Did you draw that? Is that your sketch of the perp? Lol

It’s a fearsome thought: a child snatched by a stranger. Who investigates these crimes? We do. It’s our job to handle cases of child abductions, often working closely with state and local law enforcement.

In 1932, Congress gave the FBI jurisdiction under the “Lindbergh Law” to immediately investigate any reported mysterious disappearance or kidnapping involving a child of “tender age”—usually 12 or younger. And just to be clear, before we get involved, there does not have to be a ransom demand and the child does not have to cross state lines or be missing for 24 hours.

Child abductions by strangers are often complex and high-profile cases. And time is of the essence.
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/vc_majorthefts/cac/non-family-abductions

This is interesting. If there was any reason to think that Deorr was abducted, the FBI should have been brought in *immediately*.

2. FBI
3. Idaho State Police
4. Idaho Falls LE

Maybe another one?

MOO

At one point I was reading up on how it works with FBI is sent in to work with local LE. I am sure it varies in each case, but it sounded like the general idea is that they share the investigation. I guess the more help, the beter. But, wow, that's a lot of cooks in the kitchen with all those agencies.

ETA: I will add though, on The Wire, it seems LE is always mad at the FBI for not keeping them in the loop. :)

2. FBI
3. Idaho State Police
4. Idaho Falls LE

Maybe another one?

MOO
I've always assumed that the fbi trumps them all when they get involved. But I actually have no idea.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/vc_majorthefts/cac/non-family-abductions

This is interesting. If there was any reason to think that Deorr was abducted, the FBI should have been brought in *immediately*.

I would think so. So, either LE had strong reason to believe that something other than abduction had occurred (which has my vote) or they were wrong about abduction being the least likely scenario. Although, it seems that they weren't wrong as the FBI certainly didn't come and suddenly ask for public tips and and issue alerts. What's your guess?

At one point I was reading up on how it works with FBI is sent in to work with local LE. I am sure it varies in each case, but it sounded like the general idea is that they share the investigation. I guess the more help, the beter. But, wow, that's a lot of cooks in the kitchen with all those agencies.

ETA: I will add though, on The Wire, it seems LE is always mad at the FBI for not keeping them in the loop. :)

If all of those agencies I listed are working on the DeOrr case my guess is they would form some kind of Task Force that would meet on a regular basis to discuss findings and what needs to be done.

There might be a couple more too. Salmon Game and Wildlife and Bonneville County Sheriff's Office has also been asked to help with the investigation. (Per a page listed on the area we keep details with no discussion. http://www.ktvb.com/errors/404/)

That is only my own idea but it seems to make sense to me.

Humm now that I think about it I wonder just how many are involved. Not sure how to find that info out.

MOO

This all just makes me so sad. Where is he? Why does there never seem to be any urgency? If LE has a theory on what happened, they must have no idea where to look for him? If they don't think he's in the forest or the water, are they looking anywhere else?

If all of those agencies I listed are working on the DeOrr case my guess is they would form some kind of Task Force that would meet on a regular basis to discuss findings and what needs to be done.

There might be a couple more too. Salmon Game and Wildlife and Bonneville County Sheriff's Office has also been asked to help with the investigation. (Per a page listed on the area we keep details with no discussion. http://www.ktvb.com/errors/404/)

That is only my own idea but it seems to make sense to me.

Humm now that I think about it I wonder just how many are involved. Not sure how to find that info out.

MOO

I found this I would like to add;

SALMON, Idaho -

The Lemhi County Sheriff's office investigation into the July 10th disappearance of 2-year-old DeOrr Kunz continues with no sign of the boy.

Bonneville County Sheriff Paul Wilde and Lemhi County Chief Deputy Steve Penner want to make sure all tips regarding the case are directed to the Idaho State Police Fusion Center.

The criminal intelligence center is an investigative arm of the Idaho State Police that integrates, analyzes, and disseminates criminal intelligence to a wide range of federal and state agencies.

The sheriff's offices are concerned that if tips are directed solely to a private investigator, valuable information that could solve the case may be overlooked.

Anyone with information about the boy's disappearance is encouraged to contact the Lemhi County Sheriff's office at (208) 756-8980 or the Idaho Fusion Center in Meridian at (208) 846-7676.

http://www.localnews8.com/news/searchers-encourage-tips-be-directed-to-law-enforcement/35332252

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties