ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IR looked like he had been awakened from a deep sleep in his underwear, the sun light was making him squint and he was still half asleep while trying to answer ambush questions on camera.

RPTR: "He just disappeared?"

IR: "As far as I know."

"Did you talked to Grandpa?"

Being "there" to him may be being at the campground and 'with GP' is literal, he just didn't mention all the people he was with.

But the questions were very distinct,and very literal, imo:

So, [when he wandered off] he was just with u and the GP?

And then u guys thought he was with the parents?

And the parents came back and he was gone?

Why would I have to justify anything?

I'm sorry but there is a diffrents. If there wasn't a diffrents between what he said and what you have changed his words to then we wouldn't have a diffrent view on what he actually said.

Your trying to act as if this was a formal sit down interview where the dude didn't have his eyes shut and didnt seemed like he was on ambien.

For the same reasons you probably think he is sketchy are the same reasons I couldn't take this interview seriously if I tried. It wasn't even an interview.

I don't actually have an opinion on IR. I don't think he had the time or smarts to pull this off. And I surely don't need to justify that.

I'm with you. That weird encounter wasn't enough for me to form an opinion. Although it was enough for me to form an opinion about the reporter who repeatedly banged on his door. IR was nicer than I would have been.

The reporter sent him Facebook messages that he never responded to. And that was his third trip to his house.
It wasn't a TV interview. I think it was wrong. At that point I expect nothing from him to be honest.

You can think he's guilty. I sure have at times. My only point is that if I hadn't seen the video myself and you said he said yes to this in a TV interview I'd be like omg he did it. But seeing it with my own eyes its way different then that to me. And I've seen things like that get so twisted and out of control that it really could ruin someone's life. While DeOrr still isn't found. And that to me would be the biggest travesty of all.

The killing fields down in Texas is one case I can think of where a mans life was ruined by things like that. That was even before the power of sm. He ended up killing him self over it if I remember right.

I'm sorry. Don't really want to argue about it. Its just to me its so important to keep it all clear. These are real people with real life's.

That is how reporters try and get their interviews. I am not sure it is wrong. IR didnt have to answer the door. JMO

I never said I thought he was guilty of a crime. But I do think he is 'guilty' of spreading false info needlessly. He said inconsistent things that make it all convoluted. That is all I am accusing him of.

But the questions were very distinct,and very literal, imo:

So, [when he wandered off] he was just with u and the GP?

And then u guys thought he was with the parents?

And the parents came back and he was gone?

Your kidding right ? And compare IR's murmurs to what the sheriff says and you think the sheriff is wrong ? Help me understand that logic.

HE NEVER SAID THE WORD YES. This is totally how gossip gets started and twisted and dragged around. The dude never said the word yes.

If his answer wasn't "yes" or didn't mean the same as "yes", then what do you think his response actually was?

That is how reporters try and get their interviews. I am not sure it is wrong. IR didnt have to answer the door. JMO

I never said I thought he was guilty of a crime. But I do think he is 'guilty' of spreading false info needlessly. He said inconsistent things that make it all convoluted. That is all I am accusing him of.

He didn't answer the door the first two times.

He didn't say YES so YES that'd be twisting things that lead to gossip that could potentially ruin an innocent man's life.
It does matter...why? Because to me the way he said umm hmmm with his eyes shut reminds me of someone who is half asleep. For all we know he took sleeping pills or something and was out of it. That's how I took it.
So going around and putting words in his mouth is not only twisting the truth to fit an agenda its also wrong to do to somebody who very well might be innocent.

<modsnip>

Is IR considered a victim?

I'm with you. That weird encounter wasn't enough for me to form an opinion. Although it was enough for me to form an opinion about the reporter who repeatedly banged on his door. IR was nicer than I would have been.
When you take how he was with IR then add in what Arnie posted about Nancy Grace its like wow. That was the problem this whole time IMO.
He said other things as well that were mixed up. I feel bad pointing a finger at him because I know he was trying but it was enough for me to form an opinion about him also.

Keep something in mind. Some people are very passive and will agree with anything in order to get you to leave them alone. As a reporter that 'gentleman' certainly knew that since it's his business to get the answers. Standing there before the camera essentially naked, would be reason enough for for a person who lacks confidence to simply agree and get the process over. I applaud the fact that he stood up for himself and ended the interview when he did and the reporter, for him I have only the gong.

Your kidding right ? And compare IR's murmurs to what the sheriff says and you think the sheriff is wrong ? Help me understand that logic.

Where did I say the sheriff was wrong?

We've somewhat agreed that we have no reason to suspect DeOrr's parents or IR of using drugs. So I think it's a bit disingenuous to even consider IR's use or non-use of sleeping pills during said interview by Nate (i.e. "ambush").
None of us can have it two different ways.
No offense meant in the least bit.
just my opinion

Disingenuous means to pretend to know less than what you really know.

No one should be suggesting the use of prescription sleeping aids (we don't have that personal information) nor should they be described in the same way as 'using drugs.' Prescription sleeping aids have legitimate uses for real medical problems.

Rewatching the video I was really bothered by it. The camera cuts away from IR and when he seen again his arm is out the door and it seems as if there something in his hand. I hope this reporter wasn't attempting to pay him for answers.

I'm sorry for the misuse of a word.
I don't know anyone involved in this case.
I stated that earlier today.
So I've zero info on whether IR was using any substance when Nate "spoke" w/him.
jmo

As far as the Nancy Grace mis-information, it was allowed to stand for a long time.
None of us knew until SB told us that he learned of the arrival on Thursday "during" the investigation.
I just find an accurate timeline of events from the very beginning to be extremely crucial in any missing person case. Particularly in the case of a toddler.
jmo

Reporters go after interviews. Why does anyone think IR should be exempt? We had an untimely death in the family. Body found after many days in a home. Police called..crime tape up for a few hours.. was heard on the police scanner.. and the reporters descended IMMEDIATELY.

After we explained the situation, that it was not a homicide, etc etc they left. Every day we see this on TV.. reporters going to get the story..NG calls everyone.. reporters are constantly on my nightly news in parking lots and at homes trying to get an interview or the scoop. It is called freedom of the press.. you can say no comment.. you can call the police and have them arrested for trespassing or harassment if they refuse to leave.. but this is not an ambush. Not "polite", perhaps.. but IR was a big boy.. no comment..Ciao!

Anything i write is just my opinion.

Where did I say the sheriff was wrong?

What the sheriff said on Trish's radio interview sounded like the most accurate accounting of who was with who when DeOrr went missing. It is the first time we have been given that information properly

Then you implied the Nate interview of the half asleep IR is the credible one. I was asking you to help me understand the logic.

IR acted like someone who had taken sleep medication and was rudely woken up a couple of hours later and interviewed through a crack in the door. That is a very low standard of journalism in my opinion , and it is done to create sensationalism , not find missing children.

The Trish-Sheriff interview was a much higher standard and I would hang my hat on that one. Best wishes

Is IR considered a victim?

Presuming innocence of any wrongdoing, then yes, he's a victim. Not in the same way that DK and JM would be considered victims for having suffered the loss of their child. But certainly a victim. Although it doesn't sound like he's necessarily been a fine, upstanding citizen his entire life with his several brushes with the law, this has the potential to follow him forever and have him labeled a "sorta kinda" kidnapper, child murderer, child molester, etc. Those're not labels I'd want at all, and, again presuming innocence, they're probably not labels he'd want, either.

(I should note that this is my opinion only and not necessarily the viewpoint of WS re: its victim-friendly stance -- that's something to ask a mod directly).

So, we are left with the question.. if abduction is a consideration.. why wasnt this communicated by the sheriff's office IMMEDIATELY? Public safety is paramount. While in the first few days it was treated as a boy who wondered off.. there was never anything found within hours and given the lack of scent etc etc, public awareness DEMANDED that people be cognizant of the real possibility this child was abducted. IMO

Years ago when i had a little one..and would take her to the pediatrician if she was sick he would say to me 'well mom, what do you think is wrong with her"? My husband thought he was the dumbest guy going. BUT HE WASNT.. he wanted my input.. my perception,.

Same thing here.. JM and DK said abducted from the get-go. Why didnt the sheriff take them seriously while also doing his searching of the campground?? A little boy may have been found.. and the public would have been hyper aware and even more guarded when it came to their own children. MOO

Anything i write is just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member