ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Without knowing what they are basing these statements on it is really hard to draw any conclusions.

I don't know anything about the people doing this investigation or their reliability.

I did see a claim from them that they have "solved" something like 97% of the cases they have been involved in.

Has anyone verified that claim?

Here is the exact quote;

"This past 15 years, Klein Investigations has solved 109 of 112 missing persons and parental kidnapping cases."
Wow, If those numbers are correct that gives pretty good odds that they will find Deorr.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Seems to me that the hired investigators have gotten nothing new.

Is "the mountain" the same as the campsite?

I just emailed Klein for verification on this. Am I allowed to report back if they reply? (I could send to Bessie first...)

....WILL send to Bessie first, to be safe

I think so, this is where I get confused.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

IMO, I don't think that's what Klein Investigations meant, but I could be wrong. They were asked if they thought Deorr Jr. had ever been at the campsite, and the answer was "on the mountain." The campsite is a smaller specific site; the mountain encompasses a large area. I think they were implying that there was no evidence he was at the campsite, IMO.

I'm sure local Rangers know all the locations of mountain lion lairs and have checked them. If a mountain lion had taken DeOrr then the lion would have taken him back there to erm, well eat him. There is as much evidence of him being taken by a mountain lion as there is of him being beamed up by aliens.

Occam's razor people. The simplest explanation is usually the correct one. I know what I think, and while I think a predator may have got him I think it could be a bi-ped rather than a wild creature. And I don't think his direct family were involved if you follow my drift.

Thank you. I was going to post the same regarding no evidence to show he wandered off and fell beneath a rock, for example. I'll forego the mountain lion, but not the possibility that his little body became hidden in the terrain without a trace left behind. JMO

I agree totally. It happens. Babies wander off, more then we would like to say! How do you prove beyond a reasonable doubt that someone, of any size did or did not wandered off when no one saw it occur? I can't fathom this without more information which maybe we are just not being given atm, and rightfully so. But we all know it does happen! And any remains sometimes are not be found for YEARS.. if ever.

Anyone remember?? what news article said that GGP said the parents were in sight of where he and little DeOrr were and he saw him (baby) walk toward the bank toward where parents were? I can't find a link but IF that is true, isn't that the beginning of when possible wandering off happened? I never heard LE question GGP's brains just his health, but not to say he was too fruity to know what he was talking about. Wouldn't it be plausible to say GGP did see this occur?

I don't have a good feeling about this report. I don't like that its being released today. I don't like that its causing a new furor against the family when there is not a shred of proof what so ever they should be slammed again. I don't feel reports like this are helpful to any pending case (if there is one pending) to LE and the FBI or the public at large. I honestly don't see how it helps at all other then to increase gossip. Unless someone with information was compelled by this report to come forward with new information, all I can visualize is more problems.

Just ask yourself, why on earth would a family, who were in any way responsible for the disappearance of their child, agree to hire a PI to investigate their child's disappearance, knowing full well they would also be apart of that investigation. Doesn't. Make. Sense.

Maybe I am wrong, I am slightly ticked, hope I didn't break a rule. Just speculating out loud with my honest opinion.

Speaking of aliens, does Klein's statement put to rest the theory that DeOrr vanished mysteriously as the family suggested in the filming of the documentary?

Seems to me that the hired investigators have gotten nothing new.

I agree
The report, IMO, didn't tell us anything that we haven't heard from SB.
There is no evidence that Deorr was abducted. No evidence that a wild animal was involved. No evidence that Deorr wandered off.
No evidence doesn't mean, it could not have happened, not IMO.

I find the use of the words forced abduction interesting. Does that mean they have not ruled out some kind planned abduction? Take the choice of words in the statement about no secondary party in the 'immediate proximity' of the campground and combine it with the statement about little Deorr being 'on the mountain' and my mind goes to some kind of 'unforced' abduction somewhere else on the mountain.

I agree totally. It happens. Babies wander off, more then we would like to say! How do you prove beyond a reasonable doubt that someone, of any size did or did not wandered off when no one saw it occur? I can't fathom this without more information which maybe we are just not being given atm, and rightfully so. But we all know it does happen! And any remains sometimes are not be found for YEARS.. if ever.

Anyone remember?? what news article said that GGP said the parents were in sight of where he and little DeOrr were and he saw him (baby) walk toward the bank toward where parents were? I can't find a link but IF that is true, isn't that the beginning of when possible wandering off happened? I never heard LE question GGP's brains just his health, but not to say he was too fruity to know what he was talking about. Wouldn't it be plausible to say GGP did see this occur?

I don't have a good feeling about this report. I don't like that its being released today. I don't like that its causing a new furor against the family when there is not a shred of proof what so ever they should be slammed again. I don't feel reports like this are helpful to any pending case (if there is one pending) to LE and the FBI or the public at large. I honestly don't see how it helps at all other then to increase gossip. Unless someone with information was compelled by this report to come forward with new information, all I can visualize is more problems.

Just ask yourself, why on earth would a family, who were in any way responsible for the disappearance of their child, agree to hire a PI to investigate their child's disappearance, knowing full well they would also be apart of that investigation. Doesn't. Make. Sense.

Maybe I am wrong, I am slightly ticked, hope I didn't break a rule. Just speculating out loud with my honest opinion.
I agree.

And I really don't think the forest service can possibly know each and every mountain lion lair or cache on a mountain. My dad worked in the nearby Caribou National Forest and others in the area and even did mapping stuff and that just doesn't ring realistic. Mountain lions can get to where humans can't in that wilderness. It's not a small area, and I'm not an expert obviously but I just don't buy they could totally rule that out. The Forest Service doesn't have the man power to know the location of all mountain lion hangouts all the time... I mean there has to be a gazillion places a mountain lion might hide whatever small remains might have remained, imo.

I find the use of the words forced abduction interesting. Does that mean they have not ruled out some kind planned abduction? Take the choice of words in the statement about no secondary party in the 'immediate proximity' of the campground and combine it with the statement about little Deorr being 'on the mountain' and my mind goes to some kind of 'unforced' abduction somewhere else on the mountain.
right?!?! Like not forced as in literally the child went willingly? Why didn't they say "stranger abduction" or "non parental abduction" like we usually see? What's with the weird terminology? I'd think it was clever and purposeful if the report and comments from the investigators were more obviously precisely worded.

http://www.idahostatejournal.com/ne...cle_d321fadf-0811-5274-a9a7-ea8dccc0f039.html

Investigation concludes missing toddler DeOrr Kunz Jr. could have been accidentally or intentionally killed; abduction and animal attack ruled out

"Following the release of Klein Investigations and Consulting's conclusions on Saturday, DeOrr’s aunt Tanisha O’Neal Tompkins of Idaho Falls said the family was in shock.

Tompkins’ twin brother is the 2-year-old’s father, DeOrr Kunz Sr.

She declined to comment further about the investigation or Klein’s conclusions."

Wouldn't "forced" abduction cover every type of abduction (stranger, relative, parental, arranged, etc.)? The child is taken against his will, forced to go with someone? Klein's statement also says that there was no secondary party in the immediate area.

I guess maybe there is room to interpret his statement as saying that an arranged abduction hasn't been ruled out... who knows. It's kind of vague and I agree the use of the word "forced" seems odd.

Wouldn't "forced" abduction cover every type of abduction (stranger, relative, parental, arranged, etc.)? The child is taken against his will, forced to go with someone? Klein's statement also says that there was no secondary party in the immediate area.

I guess maybe there is room to interpret his statement as saying that an arranged abduction hasn't been ruled out... who knows. It's kind of vague and I agree the use of the word "forced" seems odd.
That's what I mean... Would it? Why would they use that odd terminology if they meant stranger abduction? If a child went with a stranger without argument or having to use physical or even coercive language, even though it's an abduction, would that be a "forced" abduction, really?

Clear as mud still.

http://www.idahostatejournal.com/ne...cle_d321fadf-0811-5274-a9a7-ea8dccc0f039.html

Investigation concludes missing toddler DeOrr Kunz Jr. could have been accidentally or intentionally killed; abduction and animal attack ruled out

"Following the release of Klein Investigations and Consulting's conclusions on Saturday, DeOrr’s aunt Tanisha O’Neal Tompkins of Idaho Falls said the family was in shock.

Tompkins’ twin brother is the 2-year-old’s father, DeOrr Kunz Sr.

She declined to comment further about the investigation or Klein’s conclusions."

I don't see the aunt's quote in the article. Was it removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiprocker