ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm speculating, but the reason JM might have had to stay longer in jail for driving without a license was LE wanted/needed her to come down off something.
I don't think they can do that longer then 72hrs

Geez have the parents been charged, tried and convicted in the last four hours? From the comments here it sure would seem that way...

The floodgates have opened and everything everyone has been forced to hold in for six months is coming out all at once.

Whatever happened her grief during the second interview was genuine.

I was out all day and am still trying to wrap my brain around this news. I haven't read all the posts here, because this thread has been flying!

So what happens now that they have been named suspects? I know they won't arrest them until they have a tight case. Why announce that they are suspects? Are they trying to draw out more witnesses? Trying to get DK and JM to talk? Is it likely that an arrest will happen soon??
LE is applying pressure. They want them to squirm. Drawing out more witnesses is one goal, but it gives the case new depth in the way it is being handled, too. Naming them as suspects ups the ante.

Can someone point me in the right direction to the 2nd interview? I'm not real sure which one that is... TIA

Must say kudos to SB, he is one smart cookie. He knew from the very start that the story he was being told was bogus, he knew the stories changed and did not match and he knew the polygraphs were problematic but kept telling the media that all options were still on the table, that the parents were cooperative, solid, truthful. This made it easier to continue to talk to the parents without them lawyering up. This sly fox knew he was going to reel these 2 in but was a patient fisherman indeed. A true pro. He held his cards close to his vest and waited for the apparently corroborative FBI findings which were just recently released to him before speaking his true opinion. Great guy. Lemhi County is well served.

I am quite disturbed that LE is asking anyone with information about how the parents interacted with baby DeOrr in the past to please come forward. My stomach churns thinking that this baby was abused by these 2, that people witnessed the abuse and did nothing. It also make me think that the abuse was a continual and ongoing part of this baby's short life and I could puke.

How despicable of these 2 to put the responsibility for DeOrr's disappearance on the shoulders of GGP who is both physically and mentally impaired. They made this poor old man think he was supposed to be watching the baby when the baby disappeared. IR, who is said to also be mentally impaired, knew better which is why (IMO) he responded "have you talked to GP?" when asked about who was at the campsite with the baby.

Klein's statement now makes perfect sense when he said that witness(es) can place baby DeOrr on the mountain but stopped short of saying 'at the campsite" too. I am beginning to suspect that no one other than the parents place the child at the campsite. I am also beginning to suspect that the baby never made it to the campsite, alive or dead which is why none of the dogs could track him or alert to the smell of his death.

This trip was supposed to have been planned a week in advance so I refuse to believe that the trip was to cover up a crime that had already occurred.

I never picked up the first hinkey, red flag from the parents. They cooperated, took polys, searched for months on their own. Now, to learn that SB is convinced (and has all along suspected) that the parents know exactly what happened and where the baby's body is hidden makes me wonder why these dumb azz parents thought they could fool the polys and LE. I am glad they thought they were so dang smart and that LE was so dang dense.

I sure hope everyone now understands why IR lawyered up early on. People who can toss their own GP under the bus would not hesitate to toss the mentally challenged, non-family person with a criminal record under the same wheels.

It is time for these 2 to come clean, do the right thing for once in their lives and take the punishment they deserve for the punishment they gave the baby who deserved none of it.

IMO this was an intentional act, not an accident. One of them killed this baby in anger and the other one went along with the cover up so as to not lose her other kids forever.

When I get the sound back on my PC, I am going to review their interviews again in light of what we now know and see if I can pick up on the tell-tale behavior that I stubbornly overlooked or ignored wanting to believe that they did not kill their own precious baby boy.

Pray for these parents that the demons that possess them will be removed and that they will confess their sins, repent and seek forgiveness from God as they spend the rest of their lives behind gray walls and bars.

I have been working all day, but thinking about little DeOrr. How could parents who know where their son is so actively seek the public's money to help search for him? How could they publicly cast guilt on someone else? They didn't act guilty. They acted calm and entitled. I just don't understand. I know we have seen it before, and I always felt this was where this case was going, but along with the relief that the truth is finally coming out, I am just so mad. That DeOrr died at the hands of his own mommy and daddy is beyond the comprehension of this parent. I wish it had been the mountain lion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I forsee a Dateline and/or 48 Hours show about this case.

jmo

I can't wait until they arrest and charge these two.

jmo

Driving without a license. Did JM never have one or was it suspended for some previous illegal activity, such as driving under the influence?

Maybe she was in jail for those (what - 5?) days because no one had the cash to post her bond.

I know I thought this at the beginning, not sure if I posted it or not due to TOS fears, but at the start I had flashbacks to the Shannon Matthews case here in the UK where Shannon's birth-giver hid her to gain access to appeal funds. I often wondered whether this was a similar scenario - at least because it would mean that there was a chance that innocent little DeOrr Jr would still be alive. Hopefully he is (but I know I am clutching at straws) :please:

That would be amazing, Pix, but sadly I don't see it happening this time...

Hot car death was actually my first thought, I posted about that yesterday, as to how it would fulfill the how/why statements.
What body fluids would you expect to find? I'd assume he was wearing a diaper that would catch urine/feces.

this is a very simple explanation on the process of death which helps explain why you can pick up a scent very quickly (chemicals the body makes immediately after death)

safe for work and not 'gross' to look at

[video=youtube;FJlrPXjpQYM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJlrPXjpQYM[/video]

I think Bowerman has a lot more evidence than he has let on. Things he has been vague about... For instance, if the store clerk saw little Deorr. If the store clerk contradicted what the parents said, that would be evidence that they have lied. Evidence from the search of the house, maybe. Phone records, computer records, cctv...

I really don't think he would be speaking out against them like he has if the changing story and failed polygraph were the only evidence against them. JMO.

After what just happened over in Tennessee this last week with Noah Chamberlin, I'm not too convinced Deorr isn't still out there in the forest, just a lot further away from the campsite than people believe he could've walked.

This bit about blame-shifting over to the parents seems more like an investigative tactic rather than a legitimate charge. I don't see how the parents could be involved in his disappearance unless both the weird neighbor and the grandfather are covering up and lying about the details that day, right along with mom and pop. I don't get the impression that grandad could be prodded and coached into outright lying to seasoned investigators without detection, and why would he do that anyway ?

EVERYTHING was answered for me from the original Nate Eaton interview. ([video=youtube;mwM1oG3z358]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwM1oG3z358[/video]) The father was absolutely bouncing off the walls talking nonsense to deflect the interviewer's questions (which NE allowed him to do, losing all control of the interview). He went on and on and on praising the local LE and searchers, blah, blah, blah and detailing his concern about the inability to get phone reception, so he drove down the road...and it was 12:32, no it was 12:36...blah, blah. You DON'T talk like this when your baby is missing! Not even remotely. And she sat there looking pissed off, hoping she looked sad, but she didn't. Bad actor. Both of them. Neither of them ONCE shed a tear. I just hope so much LE can get them to turn on each other. Their little facade has to crack sooner or later. And, as with the Bella Bond murder, emphasis should always be placed on the person who's child has been previously taken by CPS.

Must say kudos to SB, he is one smart cookie. He knew from the very start that the story he was being told was bogus, he knew the stories changed and did not match and he knew the polygraphs were problematic but kept telling the media that all options were still on the table, that the parents were cooperative, solid, truthful. This made it easier to continue to talk to the parents without them lawyering up. This sly fox knew he was going to reel these 2 in but was a patient fisherman indeed. A true pro. He held his cards close to his vest and waited for the apparently corroborative FBI findings which were just recently released to him before speaking his true opinion. Great guy. Lemhi County is well served.

I am quite disturbed that LE is asking anyone with information about how the parents interacted with baby DeOrr in the past to please come forward. My stomach churns thinking that this baby was abused by these 2, that people witnessed the abuse and did nothing. It also make me think that the abuse was a continual and ongoing part of this baby's short life and I could puke.

How despicable of these 2 to put the responsibility for DeOrr's disappearance on the shoulders of GGP who is both physically and mentally impaired. They made this poor old man think he was supposed to be watching the baby when the baby disappeared. IR, who is said to also be mentally impaired, knew better which is why (IMO) he responded "have you talked to GP?" when asked about who was at the campsite with the baby.

Klein's statement now makes perfect sense when he said that witness(es) can place baby DeOrr on the mountain but stopped short of saying 'at the campsite" too. I am beginning to suspect that no one other than the parents place the child at the campsite. I am also beginning to suspect that the baby never made it to the campsite, alive or dead which is why none of the dogs could track him or alert to the smell of his death.

This trip was supposed to have been planned a week in advance so I refuse to believe that the trip was to cover up a crime that had already occurred.

I never picked up the first hinkey, red flag from the parents. They cooperated, took polys, searched for months on their own. Now, to learn that SB is convinced (and has all along suspected) that the parents know exactly what happened and where the baby's body is hidden makes me wonder why these dumb azz parents thought they could fool the polys and LE. I am glad they thought they were so dang smart and that LE was so dang dense.

I sure hope everyone now understands why IR lawyered up early on. People who can toss their own GP under the bus would not hesitate to toss the mentally challenged, non-family person with a criminal record under the same wheels.

It is time for these 2 to come clean, do the right thing for once in their lives and take the punishment they deserve for the punishment they gave the baby who deserved none of it.

IMO this was an intentional act, not an accident. One of them killed this baby in anger and the other one went along with the cover up so as to not lose her other kids forever.

When I get the sound back on my PC, I am going to review their interviews again in light of what we now know and see if I can pick up on the tell-tale behavior that I stubbornly overlooked or ignored wanting to believe that they did not kill their own precious baby boy.

Pray for these parents that the demons that possess them will be removed and that they will confess their sins, repent and seek forgiveness from God as they spend the rest of their lives behind gray walls and bars.

I agree. I think the sheriff knew exactly what he is doing and I have the utmost respect for the job he has done!

To me, their first interview raised MAJOR red flags beyond them just coming across as totally unpanicked:

1.DK kicked off the interview explaining his 911 run and brought it up two more times--though he wasn't asked once about it.

2. IMO, they worked hard to sell the abduction idea to the public by saying they believed the baby was taken because his fave things were left behind. Any baby would chase after his parents without going to the truck to get his stuff.

3. When asked if they wanted to combat any rumors, they brought up a rumor no one even knew about and twisted its meaning to mean that the clerk really had seen DeOrr at the store, just a different time.

They came across as very sneaky and manipulative, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EVERYTHING was answered for me from the original Nate Eaton interview. ([video=youtube;mwM1oG3z358]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwM1oG3z358[/video]) The father was absolutely bouncing off the walls talking nonsense to deflect the interviewer's questions (which NE allowed him to do, losing all control of the interview). He went on and on and on praising the local LE and searchers, blah, blah, blah and detailing his concern about the inability to get phone reception, so he drove down the road...and it was 12:32, no it was 12:36...blah, blah. You DON'T talk like this when your baby is missing! Not even remotely. And she sat there looking pissed off, hoping she looked sad, but she didn't. Bad actor. Both of them. Neither of them ONCE shed a tear. I just hope so much LE can get them to turn on each other. Their little facade has to crack sooner or later. And, as with the Bella Bond murder, emphasis should always be placed on the person who's child has been previously taken by CPS.

I don't think her children were taken by CPS, were they? I thought she willingly gave her ex-husband custody?

Jessica even kicked Vernal at one point in the interview, IMO. Trying to shut him up.

Must say kudos to SB, he is one smart cookie. He knew from the very start that the story he was being told was bogus, he knew the stories changed and did not match and he knew the polygraphs were problematic but kept telling the media that all options were still on the table, that the parents were cooperative, solid, truthful. This made it easier to continue to talk to the parents without them lawyering up. He held his cards close to his vest and waited for the apparently corroborative FBI findings which were just recently released to him before speaking his true opinion. Great guy. Lemhi County is well served.

Good post, TeaTime! Snipped and bolded for focus. Just want to comment on a few things. Didn't Bowerman say that the parents were solid and cooperative, while he said that IR was truthful? I remember us having a discussion about it many, many threads ago. In one interview he was very specific about using the word truthful. In fact, I don't know if he ever actually said that he felt the parents were being truthful.

Also, that part where IR asked the reporter "what did GGP say?" Has always stood out in my mind too. I think they used GGP and IR as scapegoats. I hope they didn't actually play with GGP's mind to make him believe that he was responsible. We don't know GGP's mental state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member