ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG. I haven't been on WS for months (ran into a busy stretch in life), but when I read today about the parents in today's news, I had to check in with you! Just wanted to say, "hey" and now I'll go catch up. I KNOW there will be more info here than what I read at the news source.

I am, too, although I'm not sure if you're being facetious or serious. This case has probably weighed heavily on him for months -- just as it has for all of us. I'm glad he was able to get away for some time out with his wife. I'm betting that Texas man is also happy SB got the time to go to HI.

No, I'm serious! Sheriff B seems like a nice guy who has handled a messy situation quite well. If he hadn't already had his vaca, it might have been a while before he got another chance.

I will be the first to admit I am very surprised. Especially the father , during media interviews he always blurted out his answers in a straightforward manner , I did not sense deception or rehearsed answers.

Having said that , we should err on the side of caution in regards to inconsistent stories , inconsistent statements or deception by the parents , they could very well be trying to cover up other (inappropriate) things they may have been doing around that timeline (drugs) (not watching the child properly)

It would not be the first time that hiding what you were actually doing implicated you in something you were not doing. David Milgaard is a perfect example. A nurse had been murdered , he was in the vicinity , he was the only stranger in the peaceful little town , he had a record , he used drugs and alcohol , he was deceptive in all his police interviews, his story kept changing , he was found guilty and spent 23 years in jail.

He was innocent. DNA cleared him . Why were his statements deceptive ? Why did his timelines fail to reconcile ? Because he had been busy doing break-ins , and drugs , and drinking , and he lied left and right about his whereabouts .... he never took the nurse-murder questioning seriously because he knew he did not do it .... but by the time he told police the truth they had stopped believing anything he said . So did the jury.

Sorry for the ramble. Deception may be for other reasons , and we should keep that in mind. Thank you. If the parents did something to DeOrr , other than maybe accidental , I will eat my hat , and my shoes , and some humble pie.

BBM:

I'll never apologize for my very strong reaction to feeling Klein is a sham. I still feel that way and think that Sheriff Bowerman and the FBI found the information allowing Sheriff Bowerman to name the parents as suspects.

MOO

AMEN !!! Thank you .... I think the FBI have been working and simmering in the background all along and decided to make a move before the Klein hype got even worse.

Actually, I believe that the results from the FBI allowed Sheriff Bowerman to make the announcement he has made. SB had to have looked at the possibility that the parents may not had given him the true timeline from the beginning. I think SB had his doubts about the parents statements very early on, IMO. And even if he didn't, he is bound by duty to look at all possibilities and could not clear them from the beginning. All JMO!

Yes again . Thank you

Now that the parents are officially suspects, can you give me the link to her Facebook page? I'm sure it will be deleted soon.

I have been lurking for months, just so I don't say anything to get myself in trouble. I've never believed anything DK said. If Facebook is ok now, I was disturbed that JM recently shared a post about shaken babies.

sorry, just trying to catch up and noticed similar postings

Agreed. It is very telling that the patience of a very fair Sheriff seems to have run out.
There's more to it.

“It’s time to let the public know that mom and dad are being less than truthful in two aspects: if they know what happened to DeOrr or if they know where he is. We believe the parents know where DeOrr is,” he said.

The statement by the sheriff comes shortly after a fundraiser by the family in which monies were to be funneled to a private investigator who later issued a news release saying he believed the case could involve an accidental death or a murder.

Bowerman said his decision to come forward with questions about the couple’s truthfulness stemmed in part from well-meaning strangers contacting him to ask if they should donate money to the family.

“I’m not saying ‘don’t donate’ to people. I’m saying I have concerns and that’s the information I feel they need to know to make that decision. It’s very important for the public to know that,” he said.

http://www.postregister.com/article...sheriff-missing-boy’s-parents-‘less-truthful’

I agree. I think the sheriff knew exactly what he is doing and I have the utmost respect for the job he has done!

To me, their first interview raised MAJOR red flags beyond them just coming across as totally unpanicked:

1.DK kicked off the interview explaining his 911 run and brought it up two more times--though he wasn't asked once about it.

2. IMO, they worked hard to sell the abduction idea to the public by saying they believed the baby was taken because his fave things were left behind. Any baby would chase after his parents without going to the truck to get his stuff.

3. When asked if they wanted to combat any rumors, they brought up a rumor no one even knew about and twisted its meaning to mean that the clerk really had seen DeOrr at the store, just a different time.

They came across as very sneaky and manipulative, IMO.
nt from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My naivete shows. I was convinced of an abduction by a human based on the failure of the dog's to pick up the baby's scent. Part of this conclusion was the fact that JM didn't have her other children (suggesting she was not a fit mother), both JM and VK (isn't his name Vernal Kunz and not DeOrr?) looked like they had problems with drugs ( to me) and that their <modsnip> community (and maybe GGP himself) may have decided that the baby was better off without these 2 as parents and planned a 'hand off' abduction to rescue the baby from them. Well, I hoped so at least.

As for their behavior in the first interview, they seemed like simple, uneducated people in the middle of a horror story. I felt the same way about Haleigh Cummings' father Ronald who also rambled on and on about things that seemed to be disconnected to the disappearance of his daughter. In the second interview on the sofa, JM was literally being held up by others and unable to speak. Their grief was so genuine that I could not imagine they were the cause of the child's murder.

How these 2 could continue to go to that mountain on weekends and pretend to search in order to keep up appearances is mind numbing. How they could cast blame on poor old GGP or suggest anything nefarious about IR makes my blood boil now that we know that their stories did not match, their timelines continued to change and their polys were inconclusive on the details of what happened to the baby.

I guess VK was surprised at the intensity of the professional searchers. He probably never once thought that it would be so extensive.

Funny how I haven't heard a thing from the mountain lion community in a while. The only people still bringing it up are the ones who didn't beleive in it. Funny how that works.

THANK YOU !!!! ... you took the words right out of my mouth .... hehe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No mountain lions , sasquatches , or baby-eating forest-monsters were harmed in the construction of this post.

Sorry to interrupt but I can't help notice that several posters had clearly stated that DK and JM failed their polygraphs. I don't know if this is because they haven't actually read what SB said or because they choose to call an inconclusive a FAIL, which it certainly is not. For an accurate record, should anyone be interested in one, DK and JM did not fail any polygraphs. Neither did GGPA and IR. Theirs were also inconclusive.

Videos from news sources.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5IgQrSXd2Q
Has a brief clip of sheriff talking.

[video=youtube;J9q3YbI3NA8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9q3YbI3NA8[/video] Interview with Sr's father.

Oh wow, he is one seriously pee'd off man tonight. Bit unfair mentioning the other two though, as I'm sure their families would be saying the same about them.

Intrigued to see what happens over the next few days. :thinking:

Sorry to interrupt but I can't help notice that several posters had clearly stated that DK and JM failed their polygraphs. I don't know if this is because they haven't actually read what SB said or because they choose to call an inconclusive a FAIL, which it certainly is not. For an accurate record, should anyone be interested in one, DK and JM did not fail any polygraphs. Neither did GGPA and IR. Theirs were also inconclusive.

Bowerman said polygraph tests were administered to the four known people who were with DeOrr when he disappeared. These four people were the boy’s parents, his grandfather Robert Walton and family friend Isaac Reinwand.

Walton's and Reinwand’s polygraph tests came back inconclusive. But Bowerman said authorities were expecting that because Walton and Reinwand had undisclosed health problems known to affect polygraph results.

However, Bowerman said the polygraph tests indicated that the boy’s parents were not being upfront with some of the authorities’ questions.

http://www.idahostatejournal.com/me...cle_156ed875-b71c-57e6-b472-eea0258a890e.html

Geez have the parents been charged, tried and convicted in the last four hours? From the comments here it sure would seem that way...

I agree that everyone is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. DeOrr's parents, included. But this forum isn't a court room. We aren't the jury. We don't HAVE to be objective if we don't want. Yes, there are TOS for this site that we must abide by. But other than that...we are free to have opinions and to (web)SLEUTH named suspects. That is what I see people doing here today. And if people don't want to sleuth and would rather wait until more info is out, that's obviously perfectly acceptable as well. To each their own and all that.

How these 2 could continue to go to that mountain on weekends and pretend to search in order to keep up appearances is mind numbing. How they could cast blame on poor old GGP or suggest anything nefarious about IR makes my blood boil ..
SABBM

That ^^^
The way this is shaping up, I feel badly for everyone and anyone who supported these parents or those who cared about them. They have hurt many who stood beside them and still do so. :(
MOO

The sheriff has said though that D&J's story changed several times whereas IR has been consistent.

I guess the question is WHY would D&J change their story?

If you want to be precise or accurate, this what the Sheriff said today about DK & DM:

[FONT=&amp]http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/crime...ance/79301014/

Bowerman says portions of polygraph tests administered to Kunz and Mitchell have come back inconclusive - including questions about knowing what happened to DeOrr, why the child disappeared and where the toddler is located.
[/FONT]

Oh my, just seen the news! Will be interesting to see what happens next. Going back to read through thread.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

SBM and BBM

My naivete shows. I was convinced of an abduction by a human based on the failure of the dog's to pick up the baby's scent. Part of this conclusion was the fact that JM didn't have her other children (suggesting she was not a fit mother), both JM and VK (isn't his name Vernal Kunz and not DeOrr?) looked like they had problems with drugs ( to me) and that their <modsnip> community (and maybe GGP himself) may have decided that the baby was better off without these 2 as parents and planned a 'hand off' abduction to rescue the baby from them. Well, I hoped so at least.

<modsnip>
I am unsure what to make of the new developments but I have less faith in LE than many of you here. They don't always get it right.

In this case, it is HIGHLY unlikely that 4 people know what happened to DeOrr Jr. and haven't said anything by now.

The most likely scenario STILL is an accidental disappearance. The boy in TN wasn't found for over a week. They had no luck with dogs and high tech equipment in that case either so I don't think it is far-fetched to say DeOrr Jr. is up there on that mountain somewhere deceased. Sad, but true.

I am disappointed that so many have been willing to accuse the parents right from the beginning because there are other explanations for their behavior. Someone earlier mentioned that perhaps their deception could be related to something else. As an example, if they went to get high when they went on their 20 minute walk when DeOrr Jr. disappeared, well that could account for "deceptive polygraphs".

I will gladly eat crow if I am wrong. But the latest developments change nothing for me at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member