ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the KIFI channel 8 fb page (local news) DK Sr. Now has an attorney. I can't watch the 10 pm news tonight, but those of you who have fb may be able to keep updated via their page. Can't post a link from my phone for some reason, but Google Idaho falls channel 8 news if you cannot find it.

Interesting. I wonder who paid for the attorney? I wonder if the payer feels confident enough to get JM an attorney as well? It seems like Sr. having an attorney could put JM in a sticky situation, but could also get her to talk a bit faster if there is something to be talked about.

Someone explain the press release. Now the parents are suspects.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

<<snipped by me>>Why did so many people - NOT WS - rush to judgement to blame Noah's GM for one moment of inattention but give DeOrr's GGP a pass? Not sure where I'm going with this, but was there something super hinky I missed?

I guess I'm just asking why so many WS on this thread are relieved we can finally discuss the parents. Is it just because of SM I don't have access to, or is there more?

In my opinion, in the Noah Chamberlain case, the parties were very transparent and there wasn't any red flags in their stories. Grandma, Noah and his sister went for a walk in the woods, g'ma was momentarily distracted, Noah vanished. Mom was shopping (verified, I believe), Dad was working (also verified, IIRC). Nothing particularly suspicious. (Sadly, there are always folks who are quick to jump to conclusions and happy to spread their views.)

In Deorr's case, there was a number of questions from the get-go (did they arrive Thursday night or Friday? Was it the same campsite? Who actually saw Deorr? What about the creepy staring guy? The diaper? The dogs?). There are just so many unknown variables, whereas in the Chamberlain case, there were fewer details...but plausible ones. This is just my opinion, and I can't remember where I was going with it...darn ADHD.

I used to think the parents had nothing to do with this little boys disappearance also, but am I not supposed to believe LE when they say the parents know where Deorr is and what happened to him? Why would they lie?

Sometimes LE just doesn't get it right, they make mistakes. I'm not saying that's the case here, I honestly don't know. I've had suspicions about the parents just like most of the posters here have had, but I'm not convinced that they're guilty of doing something to little Deorr, at least not intentionally, not yet anyway. I've often thought as it's been mentioned here already, that maybe they were doing drugs of some kind when he disappeared. If that were the case there's negligence there, and they would feel guilty and responsible, and rightfully so. In this scenario, it's possible that the lack of truthfulness could stem from that. Jmho

I think we gave his parents a pass because LE was so adamant initially that they were innocent and we were told they were not to be treated as suspects.

They both need separate lawyers. I hope Jessica get one quick or goes to LE and I would say the same if it was the reverse.

I hope she is able to obtain some legal representation. As much as she sets off alarms in my brain I feel that she definitely did not act alone. If she goes into this legal circus unrepresented it will be too easy for anyone else responsible to push all the blame onto her. I want everyone who has something coming to them to get it, legally speaking.

Sometimes LE just doesn't get it right, they make mistakes. I'm not saying that's the case here, I honestly don't know. I've had suspicions about the parents just like most of the posters here have had, but I'm not convinced that they're guilty of doing something to little Deorr, at least not intentionally, not yet anyway. I've often thought as it's been mentioned here already, that maybe they were doing drugs of some kind when he disappeared. If that were the case there's negligence there, and they would feel guilty and responsible, and rightfully so. In this scenario, it's possible that the lack of truthfulness could stem from that. Jmho

I get where you are coming from but I think it is unfair in this case after such an exhaustive investigation to say LE didn't get it right (and you didn't say that) if their stories don't match, change all the time? I think the Sheriff is being reasonable and fair in saying to the effect they don't want to over prosecute. They have an obligation to Deorr Jr. to investigate and apparently now try to bring someone to justice. Surely his parents can stand-up and tell the truth and hopefully then one or both will pass a poly. JMO

This is what I proposed in one long ago thread. An accident happened, and they didn't want LE or anyone seeing previous injuries post-mortem.

MOO, I've wondered if lil Deorr had illegal drugs in his system. Say they gave him a sleeping aid, etc. Something that the parents knew would show up in an autopsy. Or if his body had more than normal bruising etc, the parents would have to account for. They had a reason to hide his body, whether it was an accidental death, or homicide.

I think we gave his parents a pass because LE was so adamant initially that they were innocent and we were told they were not to be treated as suspects.

Hmmm. Not all of us. For many of us the parents were incredibly suspicious right from their first interview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who is "we"? The majority didn't give the parents a pass.

Desert-blue: according to my source she was held the morning of the 8th to the hearing in the 15th. No bail mentioned may mean that bail was not requested. She was released on her own recognizance the 15th, with the understanding she'll need to reappear in court to settle the matter.

I agree, many people saw red flags early on. Doesn't happen in every case, but it did in this one. Now it turns out there were problems in or near the beginning and the FBI report agrees.

I get where you are coming from but I think it is unfair in this case after such an exhaustive investigation to say LE didn't get it right (and you didn't say that) if their stories don't match, change all the time? I think the Sheriff is being reasonable and fair in saying to the effect they don't want to over prosecute. They have an obligation to Deorr Jr. to investigate and apparently now try to bring someone to justice. Surely his parents can stand-up and tell the truth and hopefully then one or both will pass a poly. JMO

Right, I'm not saying LE didn't get it right in this case. I have no idea. I do have respect for Sheriff B though and believe / hope he'll do what's right for the investigation.

Kind of hard to say, maybe the mom...

I don't know if Dad would spill anything intentionally, but if a reporter gave him all the free time he wanted with just a few prompts I think he'd say something without realizing it and continue talking. He sounded like an excited 7-yr old going on and on about the fancy helicopter. I'd love to see him interviewed by Keith Morrison.

LOL, I didn't realize you made a mistake. What was it? :waitasec:

I just quickly assumed I said "did" instead of didn't and then realized it was OK. Oh my, what an emotional day!

Glad I'm self-employed...I got nothing done. But extremely please to see progression & update on LE's part. Shouldn't matter what side of the fence etc. you're on/been on ~ Deorr Jr. needs to be brought home & justice.

I meant as in not mentioning them as suspects here. We were instructed by the thread runner not to accuse them, that they were to be considered as victims.

This should be very interesting with one spouse having a lawyer and the other not having one. LE will likely play the "it'll be easier for the one who talks first" card, which usually does get one or more parties talking. I wonder why they decided to get him an attorney and not her? Perhaps he will have one soon too. I know I sure as heck would whether I was guilty OR innocent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannepalmer85