ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you need to be drugged up to do something like that. I don't think KC anthony was drugged up when she killed Caylee, even though I think its totally different circumstances.

Personally, I don't think Caylee's death was caused by a simple accident. I think that's why it was covered up.

I agree. I can't comprehend why a parent would cover up an accident. The only reason I can think of, maybe, is if they were doing something illegal when the accident happened. On the other hand, it was pointed out that Vernal working as a truck driver and Jessica in the health care industry, both would be subject to drug testing at work.

Would they really? Do they do that in Idaho?

Personally, I don't think Caylee's death was caused by a simple accident. I think that's why it was covered up.

Exactly! And there is no accident here either! Abuse is no accident.

That's not how scent articles are presented to the dogs. The personalized articles are appropriately bagged to prevent contamination from other sources.

Adding link to Ohio Valley SAR site with description of scent article:
http://www.vsar.org/vocab.html#scentpad

Yes, that is training methology and it works....BUT in REAL life what has a baby touched no one else has? Answer, nothing. So you can try for the most scent specific item you can get, undies, tshirt, something he just slept with....even then its very very tough. Now if you know a PLS/LKP, maybe have shoes?? Dog might be able to pick up a trail. No one person can do what a well trained dog can. No dog can replace boots on the ground. It takes team work.

yes, that is training methology and it works....but in real life what has a baby touched no one else has? Answer, nothing. So you can try for the most scent specific item you can get, undies, tshirt, something he just slept with....even then its very very tough. Now if you know a pls/lkp, maybe have shoes?? Dog might be able to pick up a trail. No one person can do what a well trained dog can. No dog can replace boots on the ground. It takes team work.

pls? Lkp??

<modsnip>

I still want to believe that Little Deorr wandered off, got tired, crawled up into a "safe" place and died a peaceful death due to hypothermia or that a mountain lion got him and he never even knew what hit him. (I do NOT want to start a whole new discussion about mountain lion behavior!) These two scenarios are what I want to believe as they have him not suffering AND not suffering at the hands of his parents. I have seen NOTHING to disprove either theory (only opinion) and that still seems to me to be the most likely scenario despite the opinions/rumors. IMHO

Respectfully, the sheriff, two PI's and presumably the FBI think the parents are involved. Innocent parents don't change their stories, refuse to offer reward money, avoid the press, and let strangers be the ones putting up billboards, flyers and paying to hire a private detective. I think the officials might be on to something, but that's just my opinion. Your theories are certainly preferable for obvious reasons but it's not looking too promising... (at least to me).

I agree. I can't comprehend why a parent would cover up an accident. The only reason I can think of, maybe, is if they were doing something illegal when the accident happened. On the other hand, it was pointed out that Vernal working as a truck driver and Jessica in the health care industry, both would be subject to drug testing at work.

I think if it DeOrr died in in the truck they might cover it up in a panic and out of fear.

Of all the various scenarios that have been mentioned it's the most likely, imo. They got back from the store and left him in the truck to sleep. That's if he died while they were on the trip and not before.

JMO

I agree. I thought the way he spoke about the parents was very soft--the best he could say about them was that they had given him everything he had asked for. I didn't read his body language or his actual language as a huge endorsement of their evidence. It seemed to me that he was asked a question and tried to handle it as tactfully as possible while not letting on to too much. Sure he could have said no comment when asked if they were cooperating, but that would have come across as NO. Or he could have disclosed that they couldn't keep their stories straight. But that might have made them clam up permanently, which would not have been good for the pursuit of what happened to their little boy.

Did Jessica work "officially" in the health care industry, though? What was her job title?

Exactly! And there is no accident here either! Abuse is no accident.

I'm starting to think you're right... A simple accident doesn't make much sense, especially if there was no drug use involved.

Klein mentioned the case would be tried in Lemhi County and that during the prosecutorial phase there would be multiple agencies involved, including the Federal Government, since the "incident" happened on federal land. So, if the crime was committed (or "incident" as he is calling it) on federal land like he says, I'm assuming he is talking about up at the camp site. It is still boggling my mind how none of the dogs could pick up little DeOrr's scent. :thinking:

It breaks my heart that Deorr had parents that didn't love him enough to tell the truth about what happened to him.

jmo

I can't think of a single case where a kid accidentally died in a hot car or drowned and the parents hid the body and pretended there'd been an abduction. It seems very unlikely. Especially for both of the parents to agree that it was a good idea.

I can think of one case where a kid died apparently of natural causes and the parent hid the body, but he was a heavy drug user and that's why he acted so irrationally.

I can think of quite a few cases where the kid died of extreme neglect (eg starvation) and the parents hid the body, but I don't think that's the case here as Deorr looked so healthy in all his pictures. And I can think of a lot of cases where a person died of natural causes and they hid.the body so they could carry on collecting social security checks... I suppose it's possible that Deorr died by accident and they suddenly thought hey, let's take advantage of this - hide his body then pretend he was abducted so we can beg money off people. It seems unlikely they'd think of something like that so quickly though, especially with witnesses around to hear them discussing it.

I can't think of a single case where a kid accidentally died in a hot car or drowned and the parents hid the body and pretended there'd been an abduction. It seems very unlikely. Especially for both of the parents to agree that it was a good idea.

I can think of one case where a kid died apparently of natural causes and the parent hid the body, but he was a heavy drug user and that's why he acted so irrationally.

I can think of quite a few cases where the kid died of extreme neglect (eg starvation) and the parents hid the body, but I don't think that's the case here as Deorr looked so healthy in all his pictures. And I can think of a lot of cases where a person died of natural causes and they hid.the body so they could carry on collecting social security checks... I suppose it's possible that Deorr died by accident and they suddenly thought hey, let's take advantage of this - hide his body then pretend he was abducted so we can beg money off people. It seems unlikely they'd think of something like that so quickly though, especially with witnesses around to hear them discussing it.

All good points. I can think of cases when parents tried to use an accident as a cover for their actions, but not the opposite. The hot car seems simple and make sense to me, but yeah, you're right. It's probably something more sinister and intentional.

It may have happened in the past...no way of knowing, with so many children never found. Jmo

Coming up to midnight here so it's nearly bed time. Hope Tricia and Sheriff Bowerman get a few things cleared up between them later, I guess I'll be waking up to a LOT of posts in the morning!

Play nicely :wink: :peace:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member