ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It may have happened in the past...no way of knowing, with so many children never found. Jmo

There are a few reasons the car-death seems plausible to me, and one of them is because it might be something the parents have done in the past. I mean, they might have left the boy in the car unattended in the past. That is perhaps why the sheriff is asking for people to come forward who are familiar with their parenting. Perhaps he wants to know if the parents have been known to leave him in the car.

Of course, this is all just guessing on all our parts at this point. But the car death is something to be put in the the possibility pile.

JMO

I have never forgotten this analogy regarding dogs which I found very interesting. Where we walk into a room and smell chili, these dogs smell, hamburger, tomatoes, onions, chili powder...each item is an individual scent.

I have never forgotten this analogy regarding dogs which I found very interesting. Where we walk into a room and smell chili, these dogs smell, hamburger, tomatoes, onions, chili powder...each item is an individual scent.

With so many cases of SAR dogs NOT finding the lost person, another analogy might be - some dogs fail to smell the chili - just sayin!

I could see how initially in a panic that some would cover an accident up but just how long could you really live the lie?

Especially now in this case when from every angle everyone is calling you out. One person would surely cave if it truly was just an accident?

I know she had them after he disappeared... I think the question is "Has she thrown them out since?"

Hopefully LE has collected them as evidence.

I could see how initially in a panic that some would cover an accident up but just how long could you really live the lie?

Especially now in this case when from every angle everyone is calling you out. One person would surely cave if it truly was just an accident?

July to January is six months. Maybe someone caving is going to happen soon.

Yep, especially chili. My husband was on a recent trip, and the bomb sniffing dog homed in on his flight bag. Hubby was required to let the dog in it to sniff, and came out with a face full of chili I had packed that exploded in flight. Officer said he wasn't supposed to do that.

With so many cases of SAR dogs NOT finding the lost person, another analogy might be - some dogs fail to smell the chili - just sayin!

Well, with all due respect, if you cannot present the "chili" to the K9 so the job requested has probabilty of detection OR if the "chili" isnt in the vacinity of where you are asking the Dog to work I can guarantee nothing will be found. Failure on the dogs part? Subjective depending on who is analyzing the behavior of the dog. IMO if there was no "chili" to be found the dog is a success not making a find. Just food for thought.

I'm not saying this is what happened, but sometimes, lies snowball and get totally out of control. I've known people who have lied and continue lying even when confronted with the truth of their actions, with proof, and who keep lying even though it's obvious they're lying. And while I believe that this may have happened with one of them, I find it harder to believe that both of them are this type of person. (all moo)

Yep, especially chili. My husband was on a recent trip, and the bomb sniffing dog homed in on his flight bag. Hubby was required to let the dog in it to sniff, and came out with a face full of chili I had packed that exploded in flight. Officer said he wasn't supposed to do that.

I take it your chili is just 'da bomb'? :D

I think you're right. If it were a pure accident, I don't think they would have been giving conflicting stories about it. I'm thinking it was neglect that lead to tragedy.

I think whatever happened happened before the trip to the store. :(

But, it's only speculation and subject to change as we learn more.

whatever happened, they must have gone over the ramifications in their mind and decided what did happen was not worth seeking help or reporting, deciding to hide the poor boy instead.

died in a hot truck? okay... it can be an honest mistake, especially if he was napping on the trip to the store and they left him to sleep and he accidently perished. call 911 and report it.

lost your temper with a cranky child and shook him or hit him or threw him and he either lost consciousness and passed right away or after a few hours, maybe we need to hide this because they will find fractures on his head or bleeding on the brain etc etc.

I'm not saying this is what happened, but sometimes, lies snowball and get totally out of control. I've known people who have lied and continue lying even when confronted with the truth of their actions, with proof, and who keep lying even though it's obvious they're lying. And while I believe that this may have happened with one of them, I find it harder to believe that both of them are this type of person. (all moo)

But if one of them is, and that person is also domineering and controlling it might be the same as if both of them are that type of person.

Another theory occurred to me today. Suppose for some reason the parents wanted DeOrr to take a nap. Maybe they wanted to wander off and they knew Grandpa wasn't a reliable babysitter. So they gave DeOrr something to help him sleep and accidentally gave him too much. They came back from their stroll and discovered he was unconscious or had passed away. This would be more than an accident, so they panicked.
Just a theory.

Wow. I just stumbled upon this case. Over six months now and this precious child is still missing. Heartbreaking. :(

IF they covered up an accidental death of some kind...it probably seems too late to admit it now. Who would believe them, and how could they pay back whatever the searching cost?

Why now? What is everyone's thoughts about why the investigators - LE and PIs - are doing interviews this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98