ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that a parent who loses custody of a child still has the right to visitation. It's when parental rights are terminated that they no longer have a right to visitation.

But it's all just rumour anyway afaic, as we know nothing about the legal arrangement or the personal circumstances of the situation... All I know is what I've read on SM. Has it been mentioned in the msm at all?

bbm Not that it matters here, but for completeness sake - it depends. Sometimes the non-custodial parent does not get visitation either, while they still keep their parental rights. When they're in prison, for example, or have committed a crime against (one of) their child(ren).

For those (everyone lol) saying that if Deorr was killed, he couldn't be killed accidentally. I argued that most people who are abusing a child physically are probably not thinking "I am going to kill this child right now." It's also a well-known fact that abusers tend to inflict injury only on certain parts of the body that are usually covered by clothing. In part 2 of the interview, around 7:32, the attorney mentions something like when LE finds a body, LE wants to make someone admit that it was intentional, instead of an accident. I don't feel very articulate right now, and probably should include exact quotes. Anyway, what he expressed sounds like what I basically said. FWIW.

Long time lurker here, but first time posting. Have followed many many cases on here, and have followed this one almost from the beginning. My only thoughts are - is this is a repeat of Caylee Anthony? I'm thinking that perhaps drugs were used so that little Deorr would go right to sleep. IMO he never woke up from being put to bed Thursday night - possible overdose? If this was used regularly on him, then I'm sure it would have shown up on an autopsy. At any rate, this is sooo heartbreaking!!
Ohhh. This is horribly sad, but makes more sense than My initial idea about him accidentally ingesting drugs or alcohol, since it was said that there's no drug involvement on the parents' part. Welcome!

EATON: What do you remember what happened up there?

REINWAND: I don’t want to comment on that.

EATON: Do you remember the last time you saw little DeOrr?

REINWAND: No comment.

EATON: But he was up there?

REINWAND: Yes, he was.

This makes me think that what IR has seen is not the story that JM and DK are telling police. I feel bad for this guy. Bet he wishes that he was never on that trip. Would love to know the answers to these questions!

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/01/isaac-reinwand-i-had-nothing-to-do-with-deorrs-disappearance/

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

But what he doesn't say is: He was sick or he was/got injured or he was something else.

Yeah, we'd all like to know ALL his answers!

General Question: Can an arrest be made even without finding little DeOrr?

Finally got to watch IR's interview all the way threw. Before I was at work and only got 4 min threw it.

Towards the end he says its his opinion that DeOrr was abducted or taken by a wild animal. Or at least that's the way I took it. And doesn't seem to think the parents did anything. And confirmes thay DeOrr was in fact there at the camp site.

He isn't stupid. I'm not sure why everyone thinks he's mentally challenged. Maybe he has a speech impediment and I get the feeling he might not know what the square root of 2 is. But I'm not sure why one would assume he couldn't pass a basic polygraph. And actually I seen some pretty good logic from IR. He's smart enough to realize to lay low. He isn't stupid. I don't get why he gets a free pass on the polygraph. If four people take one and all four are inconclusive that doesn't mean you get to pick out which ones to believe. Doesnt make much sense to me. It means you have to go back to the drawing board.

He looked down and smiled when he answered the the question if he wanted DeOrr to be found. Idk it rubbed me wrong. But other then that I believe him which makes me feel even more like maybe the parents are telling the truth. I'm obviously missing something. I mean if he hadn't seen DeOrr at all then I could see it.

For those (everyone lol) saying that if Deorr was killed, he couldn't be killed accidentally. I argued that most people who are abusing a child physically are probably not thinking "I am going to kill this child right now." It's also a well-known fact that abusers tend to inflict injury only on certain parts of the body that are usually covered by clothing. In part 2 of the interview, around 7:32, the attorney mentions something like when LE finds a body, LE wants to make someone admit that it was intentional, instead of an accident. I don't feel very articulate right now, and probably should include exact quotes. Anyway, what he expressed sounds like what I basically said. FWIW.

I understand your point, but I wouldn't consider that an accident any more than I would consider it an "accident" if a blind drunk driver went out and killed other people with their car.

I also thought of DeOrr being run over by a vehicle. BUT, whose first reaction would to "we gotta cover this up" and not "call 911". And then to subsequently start blaming someone else camping with them... It's weird.

I do have confidence that the sheriff is confident that the campground and surrounding area was searched thoroughly:

http://www.idahostatejournal.com/me...cle_156ed875-b71c-57e6-b472-eea0258a890e.html

Someone whose job revolves around a valid CDL. Driving under the influence of anything would mean he was out of work for a few years, at least. CDL holders are held to more rigid standards. If he has Hazmat certification, he'd be held to even stricter standards. Getting the CDL back after suspension would be massively expensive and he'd have a hard time getting hired by some companies due to higher insurance, etc.

Finally got to watch IR's interview all the way threw. Before I was at work and only got 4 min threw it.

Towards the end he says its his opinion that DeOrr was abducted or taken by a wild animal. Or at least that's the way I took it. And doesn't seem to think the parents did anything. And confirmes thay DeOrr was in fact there at the camp site.

He isn't stupid. I'm not sure why everyone thinks he's mentally challenged. Maybe he has a speech impediment and I get the feeling he might not know what the square root of 2 is. But I'm not sure why one would assume he couldn't pass a basic polygraph. And actually I seen some pretty good logic from IR. He's smart enough to realize to lay low. He isn't stupid. I don't get why he gets a free pass on the polygraph. If four people take one and all four are inconclusive that doesn't mean you get to pick out which ones to believe. Doesnt make much sense to me. It means you have to go back to the drawing.

He looked down and smiled when he answered the the question if he wanted DeOrr to be found. Idk it rubbed me wrong. But other then that I believe him which makes me feel even more like maybe the parents are telling the truth. I'm obviously missing something. I mean if he hadn't seen DeOrr at all then I could see it.

BBM- His lawyer is smart enough to tell him to lay low. His lawyer isn't stupid.

I still think IR was "coached" in some way. I wouldn't be surprised if GGP was as well. It could have been as simple as DK and JM telling them exactly how they wanted them to remember things. If GGP and IR weren't around when Deorr disappeared, they wouldn't know what was going on and would only know the parents version of events. If they told LE exactly what JM and KD told them, would they pass a polygraph? Is it lying if you don't know the truth?

Regarding IR and his interview and his lie detector results, I think in hindsight being 20/20 and all, that he did not witness what happened, but he did overhear parts of conversations and now has put 2 + 2 together.

EATON: If Deorr and Jessica were arrested today, what would you say?

REINWAND: I’d say I’d really be surprised because I wouldn’t think somebody like those two would do something like that.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/01/isaac-reinwand-i-had-nothing-to-do-with-deorrs-disappearance/

I think he knows what "that" is. And...

EATON: So they just came back and said he’s missing, search and rescue shows up and you’re doing your thing?

REINWAND: No response.

I don't think it was they came back, said he was missing and search and rescue showed up... Something happened before they said he was missing and before search and rescue showed up.

Maybe the test is skewed because he is answering the questions truthfully as he knows the truth to be, but what he has been told has been a lie and he knows he was lied to. I think he heard 3 and, truthfully more than 3 versions from JM, OKSr and Robert Walton. He wants to believe his friend/former friend, RW, but the story he is telling is not matching up with what actually happened.

Someone whose job revolves around a valid CDL. Driving under the influence of anything would mean he was out of work for a few years, at least. CDL holders are held to more rigid standards. If he has Hazmat certification, he'd be held to even stricter standards. Getting the CDL back after suspension would be massively expensive and he'd have a hard time getting hired by some companies due to higher insurance, etc.

BBM- His lawyer is smart enough to tell him to lay low. His lawyer isn't stupid.

I still think IR was "coached" in some way. I wouldn't be surprised if GGP was as well. It could have been as simple as DK and JM telling them exactly how they wanted them to remember things. If GGP and IR weren't around when Deorr disappeared, they wouldn't know what was going on and would only know the parents version of events. If they told LE exactly what JM and KD told them, would they pass a polygraph? Is it lying if you don't know the truth?

Gee! You said that so much better than I did. :tyou: I felt like I was chasing my own tail, but we're on the same thought wave!

Nervousness, anxiety, etc. are "plugged in" so they don't have an impact on the test.

At the time of the experiment, that was one of the reasons the officer gave for the other girl's result. Now, as I've said science/technology has changed and I'm sure there's much more known about physiological responses today (the experiment was in 1981 or 82). He also discussed the measures people would go through to try to beat the test. It was all very interesting. (Not interesting enough to choose as a career.).

Hoosier, that is a very good point. I should have thought about CDL's. Thank you for bringing that up! My husband and I work for a very large road construction company and any damage acquired to any of our company trucks (for example, one of our guys smokes a deer while driving at night in the middle of nowhere) there is an investigation of both the driver and the situation. Hence, the driver of the vehicle is suspended from work until all is cleared on their behalf. And that is a DEER! I'm not, in any way, clear of how a CDL would be affected in a personal vehicle on that note though. Under the influence or not...

interesting point.

I'm a bit puzzled about Klein's statement that they know the "how" but not the "why". (And now that the parents have been arrested, they are probably the "who"). Ok the how. How what? How they killed him? Unless Deorr's body was found, there is no "how" that can be known? I think someone would have had to have witnessed the killing. So, likely GGP or IR. I wondered if the overalls recovered that Trina said had blood on them...well I wonder if the axe did too. Horrible thought, I know. By saying they don't know "why" it sounds like it was an intentional act, whatever happened. I hate to think the parents were cold blooded murderers who killed him for no apparent reason. Seems like SOMETHING had to precipitate it, if they are guilty.

Thoughts?

Ohhh. This is horribly sad, but makes more sense than My initial idea about him accidentally ingesting drugs or alcohol, since it was said that there's no drug involvement on the parents' part. Welcome!

CanadianWells, can you link me where it's been said no drugs for the parents? I've seen a couple of other posts here about that and I can't find anything to back it up in msm. Maybe it was from a facebook group?

I always hate to pester a poster for a link, it's such a bother to backtrack. Thank you so much.

CanadianWells, can you link me where it's been said no drugs for the parents? I've seen a couple of other posts here about that and I can't find anything to back it up in msm. Maybe it was from a facebook group?

I always hate to pester a poster for a link, it's such a bother to backtrack. Thank you so much.

RHF In the repository on the state of Idaho website it shows drug convictions for a few of the individuals in question. Do you believe that drugs or any illegal activity lead to Deorr's disappearance?

Like · Reply · 4 · January 11 at 2:40pm

Klein Investigations and Consulting Without geting into specifics we have not found any drug connections. This has been a rabbit since day one that has nothing to do with the case.

Like · Reply · 13 · January 11 at 2:43pm

https://www.facebook.com/KleinInvestigations/posts/937132659702652

Thanks, Bessie. Always on the ball with the information we need :D

RHF In the repository on the state of Idaho website it shows drug convictions for a few of the individuals in question. Do you believe that drugs or any illegal activity lead to Deorr's disappearance?

Like · Reply · 4 · January 11 at 2:40pm

Klein Investigations and Consulting Without geting into specifics we have not found any drug connections. This has been a rabbit since day one that has nothing to do with the case.

Like · Reply · 13 · January 11 at 2:43pm

https://www.facebook.com/KleinInvestigations/posts/937132659702652
She's a quick draw! Thanks, Bessie!

He isn't stupid. I'm not sure why everyone thinks he's mentally challenged. Maybe he has a speech impediment and I get the feeling he might not know what the square root of 2 is. But I'm not sure why one would assume he couldn't pass a basic polygraph. And actually I seen some pretty good logic from IR. He's smart enough to realize to lay low. He isn't stupid. I don't get why he gets a free pass on the polygraph. If four people take one and all four are inconclusive that doesn't mean you get to pick out which ones to believe. Doesnt make much sense to me. It means you have to go back to the drawing board.

It was also my impression that he believed that DeOrr disappeared. If this was a cover up, and that seems to be what LE believes at this point since the parents are primary suspects, that would require the parents to enlist him in the cover up or fool him. To me, what this meant is that it is likely they fooled him.

It's not for me to say what I think his mental acuity might be after one interview, but suffice it to say, he seems a guy who might give people in life the benefit of the doubt. Just because he didn't see the parents disappear their child doesn't mean they didn't do it and fake his disappearance, first to Isaac, then to LE, then to everyone.

But we don't have to only rely on Isaac's experience (possibly having been successfully faked out if LE is right). Luckily, we have had a six-month investigation by LE and the FBI and now Klein. They have way more information and evidence than we know of.

Not saying what Isaac knows isn't important. On the contrary, it's firsthand. But I believe he could have been fooled like a lot of others without being privy to the rest of the story. IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member