ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang, serioulsy? how would he pull all that off without a clue in a MUCH smaller time frame and the parents not being all over him?
Well his time frame would be 3hrs or if you go with Klein 4hrs. Whoever did what had time.

4:29 p.m. MST January 29, 2016
http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/loca...z-jr-investigator-says-parents-lied/79534050/

"Vilt said he thought it was odd Kunz Sr. and Mitchell didn't want to push the story out to the media or advertise the $20,000 reward offered for information.

“If it was my kid who was missing, I'd want to shout on top of the tallest mountains in the whole world, 'I want my kid back,'” Vilt said."

I would say more precise, personally! Crafty implies some sneakiness. That might not be what you meant. But I am not sending high level of that coming from this sheriff.

I agree, more precise I what I should've said. Thx

Right, but did he see Deorr playing, asleep, fussing, in the car, by the creek. We don't know how Deorr was, just that IR says the toddler was there. Jmo
Right. But SB said he thinks DeOrr was there. I'm guessing he got that from IR sinse the parents are suspects. And I beleive SB knows the answers to those questions and if IR had said he seen a sleeping baby covered with a blanket then SB wouldn't be so sure that he was there then. Idk that's how I took it anyways. And SB also said that IR seen him after the store trip. So if they arrived Thursday night then surely there is no way IR didn't see him. If he had said he was sleeping the whole time or something then I don't think SB would feel as if DeOrr was there.

I don't remember seeing this one. Vilt speaks and Vernal's attorney Browning also speaks.

http://www.idahostatejournal.com/me...cle_c4a3d0ab-769a-5bad-b810-374322a60d39.html

Jan 27, 2016
Investigator to DeOrr Kunz’s parents: 'The truth will come out'

"Browning also noted that Kunz Sr. has cooperated “100 percent” with the police investigation, and that the father spent 10 straight days right after his son’s disappearance searching the campground and the surrounding area, including potentially dangerous bear dens."

Vernal searched bear dens? First I've heard about that.

10 straight days SEARCHING?????? Really?

"I can’t find anybody that says they’re 100 percent positive he was there, but I feel fairly confident he was there at one time." - Sheriff Bowerman

FWIW - There is no one that can state they're 100 percent positive he was there unless they were there too. This tells me there is some reason to doubt all 4 individuals known to be present.

(besides someone on a video chat or something which I doubt would be the case)

"...at one time"
okay? at least one time but maybe no more than one time?

I'd like to know who saw him and where/when in the days preceding this trip?

Mind-boggling, isn't it? The sheriff said the parents couldn't tell the same story twice. I'm imagining one being interviewed then comparing notes with the other after and going "Shoot, you said he was at the picnic table? I said he was playing cars in the dirt." To me all those inconsistencies are a very big deal because the child went missing in that time period and the parents are the suspects. Not to mention, we know that the FBI has concluded that the parents have repeatedly been less than truthful about the two biggest points of all: their knowledge of what happened to DeOrr and where he is

JMO
It is troublesome to me to say the least.

The main interview with the parents troubled me greatly right from the start.

Why?
Because right away during the interview I got the distinct impression that there was a purposeful avoidance to provide any specific information about what happened.

Sure a lot was said but hardly any of it helped me understand what really happened and how it happened.

There was eventually some useful information when he got to the part about driving in the truck to get a signal but it seemed like pulling teeth to me to get anything specific.

Here is their chance to get an official interview with news media to help find the boy and instead of diving into exactly what happened we get a lot of extraneous information about thanking searchers and other insignificant talk.

Maybe I expect too much but it just seems to me that a couple of parents in an emergency situation with their child missing would have used every single minute of the valuable time to explain exactly what happened and what he was wearing and what color hair he had, what color eyes, how tall he is, what he looked like and where he last was seen and what nickname he would go by and.....

Instead I seemed to hear "noise" but nothing that really helped.

Totally agree, - how about "he was here" or "then I heard ______ " there was absolutely No real information given, nothing... just how they struggled to make the 911 call - and how he drove, but then she got a signal the entire thing was discombobulated..to say the least, how about when they actually got there, that also!
JMO
It is troublesome to me to say the least. I don't care how "sick" the camping GGP is, how about some information... and show your face, something is up with all of it!!! Finally had to speak out, really tried to give benefit of doubt. I've been lurking forever........

Why?
Because right away during the interview I got the distinct impression that there was a purposeful avoidance to provide any specific information about what happened.

Sure a lot was said but hardly any of it helped me understand what really happened and how it happened.

There was eventually some useful information when he got to the part about driving in the truck to get a signal but it seemed like pulling teeth to me to get anything specific.

Here is their chance to get an official interview with news media to help find the boy and instead of diving into exactly what happened we get a lot of extraneous information about thanking searchers and other insignificant talk.

Maybe I expect too much but it just seems to me that a couple of parents in an emergency situation with their child missing would have used every single minute of the valuable time to explain exactly what happened and what he was wearing and what color hair he had, what color eyes, how tall he is, what he looked like and where he last was seen and what nickname he would go by and.....

I have said it before, and I will say it again, I think people give way too much credit to LE. Folks here seem to assume that they plan out every word that they use or that every statement must mean something. I don't think that is the case at all, especially with smaller, local agencies. These guys do not have specialized training in communication and they make mistakes all the time.

Of course! Question, if you know. Are the FBI polygraph examiners out of a local office?

I have always had a theory in my head that mom and dad went off for 10 or 20 minutes to smoke some weed or do some other drugd, I think it's why they are having problems with portions of their polys. I think it's why the timeline got effed up too. I think IR may be hesitant in that dept because perhaps he did drugs with them. So now they all got trapped in falsifying information. But aside from that I do think GGP was watching DeOrr and I do think he got distracted, and I DO think the child walked off and was lost. At least this is my best hope because all of the other thoughts in my head disturb me too much. I wonder what their history is regarding recreational drug use?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I thought maybe they went off to smoke some pot at first or something. But idk I don't think I'd have a problem telling an officer I smoked some pot if it could help them better understand where I was and why. Idk to me whatever it may be its got to be worse then that.

But I have spent a lot of time thinking if there is any real reason they'd lie and it'd snowball out of control if it was an accident. The only thing I can think of is maybe DeOrr did really wonder off after all.

What if they got there Thursday and sat around a camp fire and got stupid drunk. Passed out and in the morning DeOrr woke up first and wondered off. Its the only thing I can think of why they would lie yet still be an accident that would also leave the parents without a clue. And me personally would rather tell the officer I took a hike to go get high rather then I got stupid drunk and lost my child on a mountain.

10 straight days SEARCHING?????? Really?

What was the other doozy Browning told the other day? Didn't he say Vernal was paying for Klein? He's going to lose any credibility before this even gets off the ground.

JMO
It is troublesome to me to say the least.

Why?

I think the answer to the very first question in that interview was telling. Nate asks them to take us back. . . and we're taken to the time they phone 911 and what they were doing while calling instead of actually being taken back to the events of DeOrr missing that led up to the phone call.

I don't remember seeing this one. Vilt speaks and Vernal's attorney Browning also speaks.

http://www.idahostatejournal.com/me...cle_c4a3d0ab-769a-5bad-b810-374322a60d39.html

Jan 27, 2016
Investigator to DeOrr Kunz’s parents: 'The truth will come out'

"Browning also noted that Kunz Sr. has cooperated “100 percent” with the police investigation, and that the father spent 10 straight days right after his son’s disappearance searching the campground and the surrounding area, including potentially dangerous bear dens."

Vernal searched bear dens? First I've heard about that.

Thanks gliving for sharing this ...also something else in this article that was new to me:

Vilt even said in an interview on Wednesday that during a reenactment of the disappearance held in September at the campsite where DeOrr disappeared, Kunz Sr. and Mitchell were upset when a local TV news crew showed up.

“If you’re the mother or father of a missing child, why wouldn't you want this to be covered by the media?” Vilt said. “You would want to get the word out to everybody. It was all just suspicious.”

Very hinky to me too. If this was a family private moment (i.e. funeral etc.), I can understand giving them space from media, as I have dealt with this, but this situation was another opportunity to get this baby's story more coverage. I don't understand. MOO

I think the answer to the very first question in that interview was telling. Nate asks them to take us back. . . and we're taken to the time they phone 911 and what they were doing while calling instead of actually being taken back to the events of DeOrr missing that led up to the phone call.

Yup - a red flag for sure - you'd think they'd reply in unison and look to each other for confirmation /recollection. Not indicative of two distraught, concerned parents at all IMO. I'm firmly of the belief that they both are, and have been from day one, on the back foot.

Totally agree, - how about "he was here" or "then I heard ______ " there was absolutely No real information given, nothing... just how they struggled to make the 911 call - and how he drove, but then she got a signal the entire thing was discombobulated..to say the least, how about when they actually got there, that also!

Oops, didn't see your post before I posted. Looks like we're thinking the same thing!

I don't necessarily agree... They made the change to "less than truthful" with regard to DK and JM. I think they're being fairly crafty if you ask me.

The change was made to "less than truthful" because they did not fail their polygraphs. To say their polygraphs indicated deception would mean they failed them, and they didn't. IMO

They said it was naptime, he was getting ready to take his nap, and he was going to be good with grandpa. That was from the initial interview so maybe they changed it and I missed it.

IMO 2.5 year old babies don't get ready to take a nap on their own. They might pass out but they don't FIND a place to nap, get settled and fall asleep on their own especially in the middle of a campground. In a new exciting place I would think most kids would have a hard time settling down and need Mom or Dad to help them calm down, maybe lay down with them. Never any discussion about anyone helping baby Deoor do that that I can remember. Dad saying he was ready for a nap, will be OK with Gpa...hmmm just doesn't mean much to me personally or make sense. If GGpa was going to put him down for a nap? this it doesn't appear to have been talked about as the parents left, no directions to where his blanket and monkey are, his pillow, where he is going to sleep. I have put a lot of babies down for a nap and I want specific's as Grandma and creature comforts to give to the grandkids and watch them while they settle. But then again, that's just me.

This part of the story is so hinky to me I just can't get a good grasp on it. I wonder if GGpa is being protected for some reason? Are the parents trying to cover for something he did by accident? AFAIK Jessica's Mom seems really close to her Dad, is she insisting that Jessica protect him for her from some sad accident that happened? These questions come to my mind quite often but its all pure speculation of course, just my opinions.

Very good point.

I know. It's the story they can't seem to tell the same twice.

It's so frustrating that we may never know what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patterson Vincent