ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never seen anything like that either!

You learn something new every day on websleuths :) polygraph technique - how to catch minnows - trucker colloquialisms - how to identify a jeep Rubicon and what one might cost - irrigation techniques in the USA...

Google Earth seems to have some new features since I last looked properly as I tend to use google maps. There's a time slider option which shows the terrain over time. And I'd forgotten about the camera icons which show photos of that spot. Handy.

Here's where I believe they were actually camping (yellow pin)

pic.jpg

Here's a link that helps us understand what inconclusive means and how a testee can alter their responses.
http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2015/07/what-does-inconclusive-mean-on.html
Thank you! This is exactly the article I was looking for when I asked if anyone had a good article way up thread! All I kept finding was loads of stuff on how to pass a polygraph.

I think this exemplifies what the Sheriff was getting at with the "less than truthful" and inconclusive tests. They were purposely throwing off the test on those questions and thus the inconclusive results.

Are the circles due to some kind of irrigation system? I'm in the UK, our farmland doesn't look like that.

screen-shot-2013-06-06-at-9-27-06-pm.png

Excuse my ignorance, but what are these circular things? Is that farmland? What's with the circles?

View attachment 88292

Circle irrigation. The water is pumped into a huge pipe with a gigantic sprayer on the end and as it cirles around it waters the crop. Farmers around here will talk about how many circles they have or irrigate. The irrigation water comes from the river and flows into canals for pumping onto fields. Otherwise everthing would be dead around here because its desert.

I have to admit... My first thought was aliens too :p Which made me think of Bigfoot, which made me think of the documentary that DeOrr's family were interviewed for a while ago. I wonder if that will be cut from the documentary now that the parents have been named as suspects?

It seems like they could easily pin it down. They stopped for diesel on the way and had a receipt (IIRC),so it's simple math to narrow down that portion of the timeline.

The sheriff spoke about "early afternoon or early evening" on Thursday - why doesn't he know better?

Can somebody explain to me what Red Herring means? There was another phrase...I think it started with an "O"...."Occ_______" something?

I'm so tired of the tail-chasing. I'm not insulting anyone, or at least I don't mean to; I'm doing it too, and it's driving me insane. I come on, see 6 new pages and get excited, catch up and think "we're still talking about this?" But it's not like I've had any new thoughts or questions either. How long will it be before we get some new info?! UGH! We're still waiting on some evidence that was sent out to labs, right? Maybe that will come back this week. I hope it does. Or that one of those parents or someone coughs up some information. It seems to me that the labs ought to give us something.

Can somebody explain to me what Red Herring means? There was another phrase...I think it started with an "O"...."Occ_______" something?
Occultation? hiding something, basically. I think it's from astronomy, when one thing hides another, but basically in the context I believe they were referring to taking something away and hiding it. Red herring is something that appears important or valuable but that distracts from a relevant or important issue or fact-- like smoke and mirrors.

Red Herring (src: Google)
A red herring is something that misleads or distracts from a relevant or important issue. It may be either a logical fallacy or a literary device that leads readers or audiences towards a false conclusion.

Occam's Razor (src: Google)
Occam's razor (also written as Ockham's razor and in Latin lex parsimoniae) is a problem-solving principle devised by William of Ockham (c. 1287–1347). It states that among competing hypotheses, the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected.

A lot of people think Occam's Razor means the simplest solution is usually the right one, but that's incorrect.

I was surprised by how tiny and sparse Leadore is. Population 102.

Yes! To us it may as well be the Moon. On my street alone (about 600 mtrs long) there must be close to double the population of Leadore.

I bet it is nice and quiet with great views and scenery, though.

something, especially a clue, that is or is intended to be misleading or distracting like
"the book is fast-paced, exciting, and full of red herrings"

Red herring -- something misleading, usually deliberately confusing
Occam's Razor -- simplest explanation is the most likely

ETA -- scratch that last one since it's evidently wrong *blush*

They are irrigation pivots , water is pumped in at the center and the whole rig travels in a circle , that is why it is green and growing and outside the circle is parched and dry.

Not that this has anything to do with DeOrr

No mountain Lions were harmed in this post.

I just went & re-listened (it's at the very beginning of the un-ed. tape).

Over-explaining, hauling down the road, 1 bar, ya-da and then he went on to say "so I went down the road where I knew I would get a little service, about a 1/2 mile down the road."

BUT BUT BUT..he had never been there before right? He didnt know you could see the whole campsite area from there right? So how did he KNOW he was going to get service if he's never been there before?

A red herring is something that seems significant, but it really isn't.

Occam's Razor (src: Google)

A lot of people think Occam's Razor means the simplest solution is usually the right one, but that's incorrect.

Thanks.....Occam's Razor was IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member