ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention, where they were help was not going to arrive quickly. I also find it odd that VDK didn't even attempt to call initially because he stated he had only 1 bar of service. I mean, I'd give it a shot !

*If they found Deorr (assuming accidental death) within 5-10 minutes of searching, another hour is a long time to decide what to do. IMO

And now there's supposedly 3 911 calls, one of which was a dropped call, which means someone made an unsuccessful call. If DK didn't even try, and JM was successful...who made the 3rd attempt?

This case has been all over the place since day one.
The parents were my one and only POI's
Nothing has been consistant here and its really very sad that there is a child out there
(their child) that really really needs to be found.

Do the right thing!

(how do these ppl sleep at night?)

I was under the impression that he drove up by the resevoir to make the call..up from the camp, not back down the road to town. And that once he arrived there, above camp at resevoir area he noticed he could see all of the campsite area..where they had been staying. that is how I took it .
Yeah, he said he found all that out while he was looking for Deorr, and I don't think he ever clarified precisely where he was when he made the 911 call (someone correct me if I'm wrong, please!), so it would be nice to know. It would be a weird thing to do, to drive somewhere you'd never been, to get a sure signal. Too much weirdness in this case.

Me too. I think it's possible he made the call from where he was and not he went there to make the call.

Like Rayemonde said I hope they searched those areas as well, but how would they know where he was when he made the call? Even if they could get the information from his phone, they couldn't know where was he 10 or 20 minutes earlier.

I think he did go elsewhere to make the call, because it would provide a reason for him to have been "elsewhere".

BUT BUT BUT..he had never been there before right? He didnt know you could see the whole campsite area from there right? So how did he KNOW he was going to get service if he's never been there before?

I believe he went up the road back toward town to make the phone call. It is not the same spot where he could see the whole campsite. He might have noticed on the way in where his service cut out. Or went to the same spot to make a phone call earlier in the day.

The campground is up in the mountains, but where the campsite is it is kind of like a bowl shape. Here is a tilted map image that shows where they were camping and the bowl shape.

4. Timber Creek south tilted.jpg

And here is a map image that shows a wider area with some points marked.

1.Timber Creek wide map.PNG

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Ti...2!3m1!1s0x5357b2fab442322d:0x61874f65e26cfc99

And now there's supposedly 3 911 calls, one of which was a dropped call, which means someone made an unsuccessful call. If DK didn't even try, and JM was successful...who made the 3rd attempt?

Great question, in the video where the parents were discussing 911, neither one mentioned a 3rd attempt although Deorr went on and on explaining. This 3'rd attempt as well as not releasing Deorr's call, LE is keeping as evidence and the Sheriff said this on Tricia's show.

I'm just wondering. Many of us think Deorr Sr said that's the problem, *I* have a black truck. Did his statement have to do with stopping at the store or not stopping? It seems like that's what I, anyway, have assumed.

But now...it could be that he said that to cover EVERYWHERE that he went. That his story about the black truck is a broad spectrum. Who knows how many miles he drove to and where? Saying there was another black truck in the area probably threw people off. The public didn't know WHO was in a black truck they saw, whenever or whenever they might have seen it.

Yeah the campground and reservoir are in a valley between two quite high peaks:

l9Gb.png

I was just re watching the first interview and he says "to where I knew I could get service, about a half mile down the road." I think isn't until much later in the interview when he's asked about other campers that he describes the road above, finding it while looking, etc., so I still don't see a connection and think he's saying he went back down the road toward town to call. Moo

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-**NO-DISCUSSION-quot&p=12319589#post12319589

Does anyone know if Vernal went in the store to quiz the clerk with an LEO/investigator or on his own? When did this take place? And why would he quiz her instead of LE/investigator? TIA

Good questions, I don't think it's ever been said. The sheriff seems pretty sure about VDK "quizzing" the clerk, so it is likely that there was an officer or detective there with him when he approached her. Since SB knows that VDK lies about things, I don't think he would take his word for it and comment on it in an interview as a fact.

Seems strange JM doesn't know how tall her son is. That said, she goes from sounding upset at the start of the call to sounding almost casual in under a minute. Also strange that she asks no questions, the most obvious being when will you be here?
Just relistened to the call and it seems suspicious on a number of levels.

I was just re watching the first interview and he says "to where I knew I could get service, about a half mile down the road." I think isn't until much later in the interview when he's asked about other campers that he describes the road above, finding it while looking, etc., so I still don't see a connection and think he's saying he went back down the road toward town to call. Moo

That is how I understand it from studying the maps. The road that is above goes to the upper campground, which is the opposite direction from town. I think he was saying he didn't realize that anybody who was at the reservoir could look down into the campsite.

That is how I understand it from studying the maps. The road that is above goes to the upper campground, which is the opposite direction from town. I think he was saying he didn't realize that anybody who was at the reservoir could look down into the campsite.

That has also always been my understanding of what he said and described in the initial interview. He describes a new perspective he hasn't had before in relation to the call...search for better service. It seemed strange to me that he would opt to go a new route and not toward town.

Yeah, I don't think we know if the third call was a dropped call, that is just an assumption. It would be great to know more about it.

I don't think a 2yo would put himself down for a nap. Were they saying GGP was supposed to put him down for his nap but let him go chasing after them instead?

All vDK said was that it was CLOSE TO nap time. He was attempting to establish what time it was and HOW he knew what time it was, and also show what a good parent he was, because he knew when his son usually took a nap.

That has also always been my understanding of what he said and described in the initial interview. He describes a new perspective he hasn't had before in relation to the call...search for better service. It seemed strange to me that he would opt to go a new route and not toward town.

He did go toward town to make the call, not on a new route.

<modsnip>
Might be interesting to make a list of all potential red herrings and see if any patterns or ideas emerge from the pared down version of events.

You can fail questions and not fail the exam, which happened in this case, four times. That's why their tests came back inconclusive. They did not FAIL their polygraphs. Everything is based on the control questions and how they are answered. Call it word dancing or whatever you want. Bowerman has not said they failed their polygraphs because they didn't. The specific words "less than truthful" (not MY words - HIS words) are used for a specific reason. <modsnip>

Yes...they are less than truthful because THEY LIED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member