ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He did go toward town to make the call, not on a new route.

Hmmm...I will have to listen to the interview again. I guess because he described a new perspective I assumed it had to be a road he had not previously driven.

That has also always been my understanding of what he said and described in the initial interview. He describes a new perspective he hasn't had before in relation to the call...search for better service. It seemed strange to me that he would opt to go a new route and not toward town.
He said "to where I knew I could get service." I'm still not seeing how that equates to him searching or to a new perspective, which wasn't described in relation to the call at all. The call is within the first minutes of the video. [video=youtu;mwM1oG3z358]http://youtu.be/mwM1oG3z358[/video]

Might be interesting to make a list of all potential red herrings and see if any patterns or ideas emerge from the pared down version of events.

Pretty much most of that first interview.

Might be interesting to make a list of all potential red herrings and see if any patterns or ideas emerge from the pared down version of events.

Seems that a list of potential red herrings could include almost every detail passed along by the parents and IR.

Good questions, I don't think it's ever been said. The sheriff seems pretty sure about VDK "quizzing" the clerk, so it is likely that there was an officer or detective there with him when he approached her. Since SB knows that VDK lies about things, I don't think he would take his word for it and comment on it in an interview as a fact.

It's interesting. I was wondering if perhaps the clerk told LE VDK came in on his own and quizzed her on seeing Deorr that day.
If he was with LE why wasn't LE quizzing her? Or was VDK trying to convince her she saw Deorr, as in, "You remember me, I came in with my little boy".
VDK is definitely pushy and tries to control the conversations and interviews I've seen him in. Maybe he was trying to control the investigation too? I can imagine him trying to control the clerk's memory the way he tried to control that first interview.
Makes me wonder what else he's been trying to control and more importantly, WHY?

Hmmm...I will have to listen to the interview again. I guess because he described a new perspective I assumed it had to be a road he had not previously driven.

The part where he describes a new perspective was later in the interview when he was talking about the search.

I'm not following. Most children who go missing while camping, hiking, scouting, etc. do so because they wandered away when others were preoccupied. In this case, they went to the creek to fish. Would it change that weirdness had they gone for a bike ride, gone for a swim, went for a walk in the forest?

I don't find it weird that he went missing when they went to the creek to go fishing. I just meant it was weird to me that he went missing right after they came back. I am not good at explaining things so I can't exactly put into words why I feel it's weird. Just that RIGHT when they came back they immediately leave him and that happens to be when he disappears.

Am I horrible for chuckling every time I read a post about him "hauling" down the road? I wasn't here when this case started, in fact I've only been living and breathing it for about a week, to get caught up. Was his use of that word unusual to you all here? I immediately thought he meant "hauling *advertiser censored*" as in driving fast, as we say that here a lot. I can see where it could be taken literally like he was hauling someone along.
It's just funny to me to see that every time. I guess I get this picture in my head of him putting the petal to the metal, cartoon like.

He's a truck driver, so I assumed he meant hauling *advertiser censored*...making it seem as though it was extremely urgent to make that call, despite the hour they'd just wasted...

It's interesting. I was wondering if perhaps the clerk told LE VDK came in on his own and quizzed her on seeing Deorr that day.
If he was with LE why wasn't LE quizzing her? Or was VDK trying to convince her she saw Deorr, as in, "You remember me, I came in with my little boy".
VDK is definitely pushy and tries to control the conversations and interviews I've seen him in. Maybe he was trying to control the investigation too? I can imagine him trying to control the clerk's memory the way he tried to control that first interview.
Makes me wonder what else he's been trying to control and more importantly, WHY?

Oh, it could be that the clerk told LE that VDK was in there quizzing her. That makes sense too. On the other hand, I agree with you about him being pushy and trying to control something.

In the first video, I remember Deorr Sr saying (paraphrasing here) "there's no way that little boy is still on that mountain."

I wonder if he was trying to discourage searches outside of the search radius? If so, he could be categorized as a "stupidest" criminal.

He's a truck driver, so I assumed he meant hauling *advertiser censored*...making it seem as though it was extremely urgent to make that call, despite the hour they'd just wasted...

Yes, he was self censoring throughout the interview so cut the phrase to just hauling. The phrase itself is very well known I thought....male/female thing, I guess?

<modsnip>

I have enjoyed (well not really, but you know), going back through links and re-reading posts and interivews. Amazing what you see when you read things again!

I truly hope LE can bring those responsible to justice. And I appreciate the return of civility to this thread!

A red herring could be the close to nap time bit. Wouldn't the long midday ride back to the campsite put almost any toddler to sleep, especially one so close to his naptime anyway?

Another thing or two. Didn't someone say that Jessica and Deorr Sr. weren't allowed to search within the radius? Maybe because they didn't want them to see their possibly deceased son? If not, were they searching within LE's sight?

And the shovel. What for? They didn't have to build a latrine. Was it used to shovel dirt onto lingering embers? I don't know what else it could've been brought and used for. (I didn't like the comment that there was a human hair on it but it blew away).

They ask the person if they do drugs and when they last did them.
Same with alcohol.
They would then reschedule the test.

IIRC, didn't Mark Redwine get out of taking a poly for Dr Phil by getting drunk?

We do NOT know the causes of any memory loss that may be at play in this case. There are a multitude of possible causes and we do not know which might apply. Here's what Sheriff Bowerman had to say on that issue:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-**NO-DISCUSSION-quot&p=12319129#post12319129

18:04
SB: You know he seems like a really nice gentleman. He’s got some health issues and some memory issues so…to say to the best of his ability has he always been real clear with us? No. Um...I think he struggles, um…but I can’t say that he’s being deceitful. I just think he struggles with his memory.

Recent posts in that regard have been removed so they do not get mistaken as established fact further down the road.

He said "to where I knew I could get service." I'm still not seeing how that equates to him searching or to a new perspective, which wasn't described in relation to the call at all. The call is within the first minutes of the video. [video=youtu;mwM1oG3z358]http://youtu.be/mwM1oG3z358[/video]
D:

The following is what I based my belief on. I assumed he discovered this when he left to call because I had not heard of another solo trip.

that we don't know is...I come to find, I didn't know the area, and I didn't know, I ..there, it's very open but you can't see much ...there's a road that goes up and along the top - we're camped underneath the reservoir, basically right below it, and you can go up above the reservoir, and I didn't even know the road was, did that, I didn't know the road was up there, and as I travelled up there myself, I could've found out [?] I could see everything that was going on at the campsite, but you can't see out - you can't see up, you can't see round and if anyone comes to the bottom of your camp ground you can't even see they are...
interviewer: So they could've come to your...
D: they could've come in and you could never know it.

Along the same vein as the shovel...

If they buried his body, wouldn't trained searchers be able to tell? I imagine the dirt wouldn't feel level if stepped on. But I'm sure they could whisk the top of it so that it looked like the rest of the forest floor.

I had missed the earlier discussion on this topic, so I was confused. I'm still a little confused, but I understand what the issue was now - if I offended you please accept my apology; that was not my intention. I was just trying to find out why there was a potential issue with her FB - I thought maybe there had been a hacker or something that I didn't know about.

I appreciate your apology, and I apologize for being snippy in my response.

No hacker to my knowledge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member