ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! To us it may as well be the Moon. On my street alone (about 600 mtrs long) there must be close to double the population of Leadore.

I bet it is nice and quiet with great views and scenery, though.

I lived on an island off the coast of Maine for 16 years....Population about 50 (except for July and August when it swelled to about 300).

BUT BUT BUT..he had never been there before right? He didnt know you could see the whole campsite area from there right? So how did he KNOW he was going to get service if he's never been there before?

It could be the Direction he drove in on and he knew there was a signal there, or maybe just a little higher ground were a lot of times you can pick up the signal. That's very common to do out in the wilderness area.

Red Herring (src: Google)

Occam's Razor (src: Google)

A lot of people think Occam's Razor means the simplest solution is usually the right one, but that's incorrect.

So how would Occam's Razor apply in this case? We have a number of different hypotheses, which has the fewest assumptions?

No, I don't believe Bowerman misread the FBI report nor have I indicated such.

I think it just may seem that way to some folks because the FBI report indicates the parents were not telling the truth in certain areas, repeatedly. And Bowerman has said as much.

Not sure, then, where you are seeing the parents did not lie in regards to those questions?

Bowerman may be a spin doctor, but I have no reason to doubt him, and in fact, I always have respect for people whose opinions change with learning. Those who adhere to one view in the face of irrefutable evidence are more suspect to me. And I can think of some cases where we have seen those sorts of people....

I am going with my gut and with the FBI and SB. Although YMMV.

You learn something new every day on websleuths :) polygraph technique - how to catch minnows - trucker colloquialisms - how to identify a jeep Rubicon and what one might cost - irrigation techniques in the USA...

Yes yes yes! See...it matters not that I accomplished no housework whatsoever today...I was learning stuff!

It's "central pivot irrigation" and when you see it, you can be sure the land is pretty flat. It looks like this from the ground:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...nCotton.jpg/300px-PivotIrrigationOnCotton.jpg

O/T - It is also easier and more cost effective to use farm equipment (like a tractor) in a circle rather than going side to side in a square. At least that is what the guys at our farm store told me.

There are some links to some good maps that members created at the bottom of my first post in the media thread. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Media-Timelines-and-Maps-**NO-DISCUSSION-quot

BUT BUT BUT..he had never been there before right? He didnt know you could see the whole campsite area from there right? So how did he KNOW he was going to get service if he's never been there before?

Slightly on a tangent but on the link I posted yesterday it lists all the cell phone towers nearby.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Leadore-Idaho.html

(It also refers to Leadore as a city!!!!)

A red herring is something that seems significant, but it really isn't.

Occam's Razor (src: Google)

A lot of people think Occam's Razor means the simplest solution is usually the right one, but that's incorrect.

Just back from store after 45 min drive, child may have woken up earlier in morning (sun or strange place) almost nap time, blanket in truck, parents go exploring, that's why hot car makes sense...although, it seems it was certainly warm enough & I google that, there could be a time factor in the almost non-existent timeline. Unlike others being afraid lol, I google everything, but my stomach/heart is just not up to it.

PS - Google hot car deaths, some parents are being charged. Not sure I am going to totally rule this out, but I am thinking it the timeline is after 1:00 it maybe an anger / lash-out issue as I think there has to be a delay to try & figure out what to do...and not immediately made a rash decision. ALL just my total speculation.

I didn't assume he meant he drove away from town here...? He didn't indicate which way he was "hauling," so far as I can tell. I assumed he headed back towards town, and that since they'd been there overnight they had already probably noted where they could get service and where they couldn't.

Oh for goodness' sake, I most certainly did not think it was JM or DK under that account, nor did I imply it. I was -- as far as I knew -- complying with the mods' previous request umpteen threads ago to not just assume that a social media account is always in full control of its owner. And you know what? They were right to say that. Just in the last 48 hours, I've seen two separate friends on FB who had someone else post under their account as a joke. No, I do not think that either JM or DK was using that account. I think it's by far more likely to be TC. But the mods made their request, and I complied, and I do not like people making insinuations or accusations towards me for doing that.

I had missed the earlier discussion on this topic, so I was confused. I'm still a little confused, but I understand what the issue was now - if I offended you please accept my apology; that was not my intention. I was just trying to find out why there was a potential issue with her FB - I thought maybe there had been a hacker or something that I didn't know about.

They just can't seem to tell the truth about if they know what happened to their child and if they know where their child is. They both FAILED those specific questions more than once. Try as I might, I just cannot come up with a plausible reason why they'd not be 100% truthful about that, if they were innocent. Not that the polygraph results are the only red flags, but some of the other things, I can come up with iffy reasons why they said/did things. Some others I cannot.
I'll defer to the sheriff, the FBI, two different private investigators and the rest of those actually in the know. They obviously have much more info that we don't know about to upgrade them to suspects and restrict their ability to further question them freely.

and both parents failing makes it even more plausible that those questions were answered in a 'less than truthful' manner.

So how would Occam's Razor apply in this case? We have a number of different hypotheses, which has the fewest assumptions?

IMO we don't have many items we can take as 100% fact, so it would be hard to say that any of the theories would make less assumptions than the others.

It could be the Direction he drove in on and he knew there was a signal there, or maybe just a little higher ground were a lot of times you can pick up the signal. That's very common to do out in the wilderness area.

Maybe, regardless he was blessed Jessica got the reception for some reason;) IDK hers was the only one we've heard.

How Occam's Razor Works - Occam's Razor is a line of reasoning that says the simplest answer is often correct

Red herring

A red herring is something that misleads or distracts from a relevant or important issue

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-**NO-DISCUSSION-quot&p=12319589#post12319589
10:26
SB: Well, I’m sure we got a copy from the store, but we went back and clarified from the store that that was a receipt from their store and for those particular items, and I think we were able to tell that most of those items were purchased. Um…I don’t think there was any question there, but then we also asked the clerk, did you see a child? Initially she didn’t even remember the parents, but when Vernal, the father, went back in there and quizzed her, she said, Oh, I remember you, but when he quizzed her about, do you remember seeing my son, she said, uh… I remember a child possibly, but I couldn’t tell if it was a male or a female.

Does anyone know if Vernal went in the store to quiz the clerk with an LEO/investigator or on his own? When did this take place? And why would he quiz her instead of LE/investigator? TIA

I didn't assume he meant he drove away from town here...? He didn't indicate which way he was "hauling," so far as I can tell. I assumed he headed back towards town, and that since they'd been there overnight they had already probably noted where they could get service and where they couldn't.

I was under the impression that he drove up by the resevoir to make the call..up from the camp, not back down the road to town. And that once he arrived there, above camp at resevoir area he noticed he could see all of the campsite area..where they had been staying. that is how I took it .

How Occam's Razor Works - Occam's Razor is a line of reasoning that says the simplest answer is often correct

Yes ma'am!

And in this case, it seems that when the parents are "less than truthful", the answer just got simpler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214