ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If a mountain lion was in a tree and lil Deorr was to wander under the tree, would the lion not pounce on him?

Are mountain lions like other big cats where they will take their prey up into a tree to eat?

Where're Deorr's cowboy boots then? They are oversized and definitely would have fallen off if a cougar took him.

Do we know for sure the cowboy boots were oversized? Do we know for sure he was wearing the cowboy boots? Do we know for sure he was even at the campsite?

This is a duplicate post through no fault of my own. Then it said it was too short. God knows what will happen now, lol.

Re BBM

JMO
I think multiple vehicles were taken to the campsite. At least 2 and maybe even 3. Here is why I think that.

I had mentioned before but I think it is important to emphisize about the vehicles. Here is my conclusion based on seeing the 1 picture of what we think was the black truck.

The black truck looked to me to have a 1/2 extended cab and not a full extended cab. I have a friend that has one and the back seats are NOT really real seats in those 1/2 extended cabs. They are these mini-half seats that pull down sideways and you basically have to sit at an angle to be comfortable.

So with such a long drive to the campsite and with the great grandfather not being too health according to something that was mentioned I think there is no way all 5 people took just the 1 truck.

I think there were at least 2 vehicles and if Great grandpa still drove then maybe the friend even drove his own vehicle to meet everyone there and that would mean there could be 3 vehicles.

The multiple vehicles are important because if the friend took his own vehicle then we do not know anything about the movements of that vehicle right at the time the boy went missing.

For example. Did he volunteer to drive off and go get help right at the time the boy went missing and was his vehicle searched good before he left in case the boy decided to climb in it before he took off.

Or other infinite number of scenerios with another vehicle or even 3 vehicles being there.

Or perhaps he was the one with the remains to be scattered. Did so and left. Lots of maybe's.

That's what I'm thinking too. If they said the boy went missing while they were setting up camp, it would be somewhat believable, but that's not the story.

Maybe they already had the campsite from the day before and just came back from a supply run. Or the 2 Deorr's were the only one's who went to the store.

You don't go to a campsite and then drive back out over a dirt road for 40 minutes to get supplies.

Maybe someone was around their camp while they were away.

The dad said in the interview that they made the trip to the convenience store "as a family" so I am thinking that probably means the dad, mom and little Deorr went to the store and the friend and GGF probably stayed back at the campground.

I'm wondering if the GGF and/or the friend ever saw Deorr after the parents returned from the store. I'm kind of wondering if the GGF and friend saw Deorr at all that day.

I am trying to catch up today but I already have a few thoughts.

1. The questions about whether he was at the camp site are pointless. Clearly LE believes he was there enough to spend thousands of dollars searching that area. That's enough for me.

2. I don't think anything nefarious happened to this boy at the hands of humans and I don't think LE thinks so either. Anything else is a possibility. Sadly, I think someone camping in that area will find his remains but who knows when that will be.

Years ago, I had a friend who was training as SAR, they had put the thought into my head. I do not know if bringing in a family dog is a good idea when SAR is also called in but IMO the family pet may be able to find something.

Thank you. While I've read a lot of the early articles, I have not been able to read them all. We were sharing them on a missing and unidentified persons FB page I run with a friend. We've been very busy between little Ember Graham, the little girl found deceased on a beach in Mass plus little DeOrr; then add in our older cases..

We do not know how much bigger they are then his foot. If they are like most parents of kids that age, if he takes a 7 1/2, they could be an 8 or 8 1/2.

It was the beginning of July, I don't know how wet or dry the ground is there but they may not see foot prints.

I've done most of my camping in the east, especially NJ. The park rangers really know their turf and what dangers are out there at any given time. The policy with them is to check in with them before you go out into the forest. 1. So they know you're out there and when you're expected back. 2. So they can advise you of any conditions that could effect your plans.

***Always let someone know of your plans before going out in the wild***

I know little about camping in the west or the wildlife there. I just hope the little boy is okay, but the longer he's missing, the less the chances are for a good outcome.

A person in my community was killed by a cougar. There were people not far away didn't hear anything. The cougar jumped on her from behind and bit into the back of her neck, killing her instantly.

I'm not saying that's what happened in this case, but I think people are using more imagination than research.

Oh, wow. I will humbly admit that I did NOT research, nor did I consider at all that it could be so quick and silent. Just... wow. Scary stuff.
Thank you for setting me straight!

Where're Deorr's cowboy boots then? They are oversized and definitely would have fallen off if a cougar took him.

Possibly the boots fell off in the creek, drifted downstream and lodged under a tree snag and have yet to be found. If he had been snatched by someone, isn't it also likely that his boots would've fallen off somewhere? If not, why not?

I think the search should be expanded further downstream. I have seen cases where bodies often drift further than expected. I also think it would be helpful to bring in a wildlife tracker/biologist to investigate/search the area.

From the wiki article it said there have only been 20 verified kills in NorthAmerica by cougars in over 100 years.
I know many would not have even been known about. But that #doesn't make me think a cougar or any "wild" animal took this boy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_cougar_attacks_in_North_America
>At least 20 people in North America were killed by cougars between 1890 and 2011, including six in California. More than two-thirds of the Canadian fatalities occurred on Vancouver Island in British Columbia. Fatal cougar attacks are extremely rare and occur much less frequently than fatal dog attacks, fatal snake bites, fatal lightning strikes, or fatal bee stings.<
:thinking:
jmo

Yes but in order to be carried away, the wild animal has to drag the victim and in our case there is no sign of little Deorr being dragged. I repeat, there is NO signs whatsoever or prints, or blood, or ANYTHING. Again, I would like to know if anyone puts Deorr at the campsite that day, any witnesses?

Respectfully, this is inaccurate. A cougar could easily carry him without dragging as could a bear and probably a wolf. Cougars will attack from above, which you can imagine how immediately devastating that would be to a toddler. Even on the ground an attack by a 100-200-lb wild animal would be like his being hit by a semi. Cougars are known to take down full grown adults and large prey (deer) with ease. If it was a cougar they are so fast and deadly there's no reason to believe Deorr ever realized what was happening (thank goodness!) or cried out and there'd be little blood. The ground appears to be quite rocky in addition to all the foot traffic and vehicle traffic, so I assume any prints were missed or obliterated. Weren't there something like 175 searchers? That's a lot of feet trampling the area. LE has said they had trackers out, but LE has also said they haven't ruled out a predator attack.

There are always signs no matter what happens (kidnapping, wandering off, water, attack). The question is if those signs were caught or not or if we the public are being told of them.

Hummm reading along and when I read about how cougars do snatch and kill I started thinking. Animals are a lot smarter than we give them credit for being.

With that thought when humans pull into camp animals know...'food'. So I wonder if they do wander close to camp knowing they will get something if they are quiet and clever.

Then the den of wolves. 15 total I believe. They get hungry for the food campers bring with them. I don't think that den was all that far from where the family camped.

I donno but lately all kinds of possibilities pop into my head.

From the wiki article it said there have only been 20 verified kills in NorthAmerica by cougars in over 100 years.
I know many would not have even been known about. But that #doesn't make me think a cougar or any "wild" animal took this boy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_cougar_attacks_in_North_America
>At least 20 people in North America were killed by cougars between 1890 and 2011, including six in California. More than two-thirds of the Canadian fatalities occurred on Vancouver Island in British Columbia. Fatal cougar attacks are extremely rare and occur much less frequently than fatal dog attacks, fatal snake bites, fatal lightning strikes, or fatal bee stings.<
:thinking:
jmo

I believe, and I could be wrong, if we take into account only a small percentage of children who go missing each year, without a trace, we might find cougar attacks are more frequent than statistics lead us to believe.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member