ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, I'm with you on that. I think she described the boots he wore when he was younger (that she listed on a buy & sell forum) and said they were over-sized to add credence to the abduction theory. MOO.

It's interesting to me that in all of the many many photos I've seen of Deorr, I've never seen one where he's wearing his beloved boots.

8337344_G.jpg

These look like white velcro fastening sneakers.

BTW, where did the question about blood on a diaper come from? Was there a fb rumour that someone.saw blood on a diaper, or something? I'd never heard that anywhere before.

Remember how long it was before it was confirmed they arrived Thursday and not Friday? The Silver Dollar stop on Thursday would've made the arrival day evident from the beginning, yet no one mentioned it until... last week? I wonder if there are any receipts from the Silver Dollar that place any or all of the four in Leadore on Thursday evening.

It's interesting to me that in all of the many many photos I've seen of Deorr, I've never seen one where he's wearing his beloved boots.

View attachment 88689

These look like white velcro fastening sneakers.

I've seen one where he is wearing cowboy boots and sitting in a chair. Not sure they were those boots though, as he was also wearing jeans that covered the top part of the boots.

GGP was the last to call 911. That tells me he was lucid and aware at that time of what was going on, or what he was supposed to do. I'd love to hear a transcript of this call as well as Deorr Sr.'s.

Maybe this has been cussed and discussed but why 3 911 calls? Dad up the road some where, mom somewhere in between and GGP at the camp??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

again, not judging...bluesneakers, if you were going on a camping trip with a two year old would that be your cot of choice? ggpa has a trailer. <modsnip>

maybe it's me. again i've slept in a pup tent on the forest floor (as a toddler). not sure a flatbed is the way to go?

whatever. to each his own. JMO but they never planned on camping that weekend, at least not with their son.

Sleeping in the back of the truck is not uncommon when camping. I've camped a lot and have seen people sleep in all kinds of things including just out on the ground under the stars. Maybe it would have been physically hard for grandpa to climb in there so he slept in camper. The back of the truck with a mattress(air or other) might be much more comfortable then a fold out couch in the camper..once you climbed in there. I've slept mostly in a tent but have at one time or another done all the the above, and with our little niece (4-6 years old) also.

According to the Jill Havern link, TC said:

"I was told Isaac was at creek but his interview was different. My Dad said Isaac was fishing at the creek."

This makes it sound like IR said he was somewhere other than the creek. That's odd because didn't IR say he was at the creek?

That said, I'm taking all that with a big grain of salt ...

Yeah, this is the interview she was talking about.

Nate: So he was just with you and the grandfather when he wandered away?

IR: Mmm hmm!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Timelines-and-Maps-**NO-DISCUSSION-quot/page4

I was going through Klein's Q&A a little bit ago and I noticed on one of the questions, bottom of the thread, TC posted "following". Why would she do that? I mean, of course we expect the family to be following along. Seems odd that she wanted to make her presence known (I believe this was last night that she posted this).

She posted it at 12:27 am yesterday, underneath the question which shows a picture of Little Deorr in swimming trunks and a fishing pole.

I was going through Klein's Q&A a little bit ago and I noticed on one of the questions, bottom of the thread, TC posted "following". Why would she do that? I mean, of course we expect the family to be following along. Seems odd that she wanted to make her presence known (I believe this was last night that she posted this).

Lots of people post that to subscribe to a thread. Or here on websleuths lots of people post "marking my spot". Once you comment on a thread you are subscribed to it and get notifications when it gets new posts.

I've seen one where he is wearing cowboy boots and sitting in a chair. Not sure they were those boots though, as he was also wearing jeans that covered the top part of the boots.

I'm not going to ask for a link but if anyone happens to find a (shareable) recent pic of Deorr in boots, I'd love to see it. TIA

If we knew for sure whether or not he was at the campground, well, we'd have a lot more to go on (or at least a little--gah).

I want to know if the camping trip was planned in advance or not. Did GGP really plan the campout? How far in advance? Supposedly he chose the place and had been there many times before. If this were true, it's not a stretch to believe an accident happened at the campsite (although the failure of the tracking dogs suggests otherwise).

On the other hand (suppose the RUMOR of Deorr Sr calling into work sick) is true. This would suggest an urgent need to get to the campground. Perhaps because Deorr was already deceased and they had to get out of dodge before family and/or friends noticed Deorr was not with them?

Not necessarily. He might have said, let's go camping this weekend. I'd like to be there on Friday and make a 3 day weekend. Let's get things ready and I'll just call into work on Friday. Happens all the time. I've planned calling in sick in advance. It doesn't automatically indicate an emergency at all. It's just that if you ask for the day off you probably won't get it so...just plan to call in sick.

Lots of people post that to subscribe to a thread. Or here on websleuths lots of people post "marking my spot". Once you comment on a thread you are subscribed to it and get notifications when it gets new posts.

Thanks, I learn something new everyday. :shame:

They never mentioned calling the grandma to come help search... And they never said what they did in between calling 911 and LE actually getting there. I was shocked when I found out it was like 3 hours.

She posted it at 12:27 am yesterday, underneath the question which shows a picture of Little Deorr in swimming trunks and a fishing pole.

She's posted there before, to mention the family was receiving threats.

I have a big favor to ask.

Can someone direct me to the discussion about the Silver Dollar that I think I saw on Klein's Q&A? I've looked both last night and tonight and cannot find it. I thought his answer to the question is pretty important. Maybe I read it from a different source?

:banghead:

Remember how long it was before it was confirmed they arrived Thursday and not Friday? The Silver Dollar stop on Thursday would've made the arrival day evident from the beginning, yet no one mentioned it until... last week? I wonder if there are any receipts from the Silver Dollar that place any or all of the four in Leadore on Thursday evening.

You sure would think, if the parents truly believed what they were saying--that their child had probably been abducted from the campsite pretty immediately upon their return from the store on Leadore--they would take the opportunity in their interview with Nate to let the public know about their comings and goings in town so that the public could provide tips.

Instead, DK played dumb about what day was the beginning. Which makes you wonder, what the heck happened on Thurs night. Why hide that they arrived Thurs? Why didn't they want people to know they went to the Silver Dollar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not necessarily. He might have said, let's go camping this weekend. I'd like to be there on Friday and make a 3 day weekend. Let's get things ready and I'll just call into work on Friday. Happens all the time. I've planned calling in sick in advance. It doesn't automatically indicate an emergency at all. It's just that if you ask for the day off you probably won't get it so...just plan to call in sick.

You're right, it doesn't automatically mean he called in sick (if this is not a rumor) because of an emergency situation. That's why I worded it as "suggests".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop