ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting this - before reading page 3 and 80 posts! :D

Wasn't there a poster here (sorry - my apologies - don't remember "who"/getting oldztimers!), but they posted a video of the road - which road - don't recall - but wasn't there a black truck on the side of the road and someone there? Or am I NOT remembering correctly?!! :thinking:
Didn't the Sheriff or was it Kline that said they had video??

Anyone remember this? It was at the beginning of this case - and we're already on thread #21, so don't know "which" thread to look at and find that...

Hi Niner! rkf was the poster that posted the traffic cams in thread # 7. Here's the link of the one with the black truck. If there's another, I don't know.

Posted by rkf Post # 850
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?287565-ID-DeOrr-Kunz-Jr-2-Timber-Creek-Campground-10-July-2015-7&p=11999125#post11999125

July 9th 12:16 July 9th 12:31 pm
ETA: Source http://www.wunderground.com/webcams/...me=2015079.mp4

:welcome: :welcome:

I haven't seen any indication that jm might have a mental illness...

I too have been struck by the lack of pictures of DeOrr with his father... Plenty of pictures of he and his mother having fun and smiling together, but not the father. Not that I've seen, anyway.

I'm not sure what picture you mean of little DeOrr, but I will see if I can find it. I do recall one where his hand is strapped up as though he has injured it, but I don't think that's the one you mean.

The sheriff said ggp has some memory issues but hasn't specified what they are caused by.

It might just mean that Vernal is the family photographer. We have very few pictures of me with kids because I was the one taking the pictures.

This video at 0:53 seconds has a great shot of DeOrr's (Vernal's) truck.

[video=youtube;5DMWa-vlNBw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DMWa-vlNBw[/video]

Here's the link which I believe has all the pics and discussion referenced in this thread:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Timber-Creek-Campground-10-July-2015-7/page57

Thank you, that was the thread and it appears most of the pictures are still there. It is an excellent thread to reread with the knowledge we currently have. However, a significant number of posts were deleted. I won't elaborate, but if we had the information that is currently available there's a possibility the posts would have remained.

I have a good one for y'all. Today in Arkansas it was in the 40s. My elderly aunt was coming home from getting her hair done and almost ran over a baby. She stopped, got the kid(2years old) out of the road and asked a little boy(5 years old) where his mommy was.(neither kid had a jacket on and both were in short sleeves) He said she was inside. She knocked and knocked no one ever came to the door so she walked inside. Mom was on the couch watching tv as Loud as it could go and said oh her brother(5)was supposed to be watching her. WHAT!!!then she proceeded to tell the 5 year old he was grounded for letting his baby sister in the road....I tried to get her to call the police, but of course she wouldn't. Some people don't need kids.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I wonder. GGP is the first person JM and VDK throw under the bus. "We thought he was good with grandpa" "It was almost nap time" Their story to the public is that Deorr is lost on Grandpa's watch. They are not responsible. They "were down looking at minnows"

The day before the trip to Leadore, JM is hit with a $10,000 court summons for a past due bill, yet she and DVK have enough money for gas and groceries to take a weekend vacation. When our kids were young, we loved camping. Still we had to plan and save up for our adventures.

Who was footing the bill for this Timber Creek adventure? :thinking:

Just from my experience, people who have huge debts don't let it stop them from spending. They just don't care about amassing debts - that's how they end up with such large ones in the first place.

Would the court have just ordered her to pay back what little she could afford every month?

I wonder. GGP is the first person JM and VDK throw under the bus. "We thought he was good with grandpa" "It was almost nap time" Their story to the public is that Deorr is lost on Grandpa's watch. They are not responsible. They "were down looking at minnows"

The day before the trip to Leadore, JM is hit with a $10,000 court summons for a past due bill, yet she and DVK have enough money for gas and groceries to take a weekend vacation. When our kids were young, we loved camping. Still we had to plan and save up for our adventures.

Who was footing the bill for this Timber Creek adventure? :thinking:

Some people aren't very good with money, and that's why they get hit with court summons that are a large percentage of their take home pay. However, the Timber Creek Adventure was a "necessity", and money was surely no object, although it seems that the budget for props - - feminine products, fries (but no lunch for mom and pops?), a single diaper, was limited at best.

I wish the media would stir things up. Do a new article . Klein could post something on his FB. It seems like everything got really quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think LE are probably putting their case together - at least I hope so! Maybe some new witnesses will recall seeing a black truck acting suspiciously and it will give LE an idea of a new place to search...

Actually I just realised that LE haven't asked for sightings of the truck. They've asked for witnesses to past interactions between DeOrr and his parents, but not for sightings of a black truck or a couple carrying a bundle... I wonder why they haven't put out a picture of the truck? Maybe they've just questioned everyone in Leadore and nearby about a black truck, so they don't see the need to put out the description to a wider audience, which would just lead to time-wasting false sightings.

It seems both of them have financial issues and creditors attempting to collect.

Financial stress combined with possible drug use/abuse paints a dire picture to be sure.

I think LE are probably putting their case together - at least I hope so! Maybe some new witnesses will recall seeing a black truck acting suspiciously and it will give LE an idea of a new place to search...

Actually I just realised that LE haven't asked for sightings of the truck. They've asked for witnesses to past interactions between DeOrr and his parents, but not for sightings of a black truck or a couple carrying a bundle... I wonder why they haven't put out a picture of the truck? Maybe they've just questioned everyone in Leadore and nearby about a black truck, so they don't see the need to put out the description to a wider audience, which would just lead to time-wasting false sightings.

I wonder about a possible vehicle "swap"...which could be why the black truck isn't relevant? Maybe a different vehicle is the relevant vehicle that may have transported this baby.

I wonder if the mobile phones will come into play or not. Pings have been mentioned in passing but I wonder if there is anything damning?

I think SB has said all four handed the phones in but I'm not sure when? JM may possibly have had a mobile in her pocket in the EIN interview on the 13th July but could have been a replacement/borrowed phone I guess. If nothing else, may be the ping and/or GPS data disprove the whole 1:00-1:30pm exploring trip?

I wonder about a possible vehicle "swap"...which could be why the black truck isn't relevant? Maybe a different vehicle is the relevant vehicle that may have transported this baby.
I've considered something like that, or someone else being involved we don't know about. I wonder this mainly because otherwise, why would the type of vehicles that were at the campsite go to evidence? Or maybe it's really not significant, but he hadn't cleared it with LE and that's why he couldn't answer.
From the FB Q & A:

AA:
What vehicles were at the campsite when law enforcement arrived on July 10th. Were any of the vehicles diesel? Was diesel fuel purchased?

Klein Investigations and Consulting
This goes to evidence - and we will not comment. We will say yes on the diesel fuel purchase.

I've considered something like that, or someone else being involved we don't know about. I wonder this mainly because otherwise, why would the type of vehicles that were at the campsite go to evidence? Or maybe it's really not significant, but he hadn't cleared it with LE and that's why he couldn't answer.
From the FB Q & A:

AA:
What vehicles were at the campsite when law enforcement arrived on July 10th. Were any of the vehicles diesel? Was diesel fuel purchased?

Klein Investigations and Consulting
This goes to evidence - and we will not comment. We will say yes on the diesel fuel purchase.

Perhaps a diesel vehicle was originally used then swapped out for a non-diesel vehicle....That would definitely involve another somebody(s).....Perhaps that somebody(s) is one of the new witnesses who came forward.

I'm not sure the diesel purchase is relevant. My take is that was something that occurred in or close to Idaho Falls. i.e. fuel up before driving up to Leadore.

That is what I have been trying to wrap my head around. Is there anybody in the world worth covering for if something happened to [your] baby?
I cant imgine covering for anyone but spouses do it all the time. there are many sexually abused children ( for example) being molested by a parent or step parent. The mom knows.. does nothing.

I dont know what happened to Deorr. The mom looks like she is in a fog. The dad is just an *advertiser censored* (imo of course) and honestly, i am not sure they are smart enough to cook up a story that has prevailed all this time. Maybe they "think" they know what happened but really dont? Maybe one knows and the other doesnt but suspects? Let's face it.. they are still free and walking among us. The cops just dont have enough ( or anything) perhaps, beyond failed polys and weird behavioral analysis. Maybe their other evidence was submitted and yielded NOTHING! I predict cold case OR if someone is arrested without a body being found no jury will convict them. There will always be reasonable doubt i.e a wild animal, a baby who wandered off and drowned etc. IMO, be prepared to be disappointed with the eventual outcome. JMO

Well I've been following Malik Drummond's case too, and the dad borrowed his brother's vehicle to dispose of the body (he brother didn't realise why he wanted it AFAIK!), and left his phone at home so the pings wouldn't give him away. I figured if he knew to do that, J amd V would probably think to do that too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia