ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why didn't someone from Leadore show up first? Leadore is 45 minutes away (as opposed to an hour and a half).

http://www.postregister.com/article...m-leads-community’s-volunteer-fire-department

http://lemhicountyidaho.org/populationems.htm

I seem to recall this being discussed here, somewhere along the way. I think the general consensus is that we have no idea whether the first responders came from Leadore or from farther away. I don't think we ever found information one way or the other. It was also speculated that perhaps a park ranger was the first to respond. We just know how long it took LE to arrive, based on the sheriff's comments. It would be interesting to know who arrived first and when they arrived.

FWIW Can clearly see her ring and left arm.

Yes, of course, I see it too. IF the interview and this pic was done on the same day (??), then I take back my guess re "concealing left arm" with the blanket during interview. :blushing:

Yes, of course, I see it too. IF the interview and this pic was done on the same day (??), then I take back my guess re "concealing left arm" with the blanket during interview. :blushing:

A quick Google suggests the quad bike picture was taken on the 15th July and we know the interview was on the 13th, FWIW.

LookingForClues I thank you.
Much clearer now. Our Firemen are part timers and the coastguards too, but they are called out from their 'fulltime' jobs whenever needed..
Where would we all be without these volunteers. Their response time is dependant on their positions when called out - but they just drop everything and GO.

RSBM=

~ 90 minutes is a very long time to wait for help. Can't relate to these parents myself at all, but what on earth would you do for those one and a half hours waiting? Run around in "dead panic" again, go further afield, start wading in the creek?
This does seem a very important and interesting time period here that must need clarifying. imo.

I also wonder if they called back to see how much longer it would take. Every second would feel like an hour if your child were lost in the woods and you were searching without professional help. imo

Good post LookingForClues, thank you.
Would Le/SAR have told the parents how long it would be before they arrived I wonder ??
Any knowledge of the normal response to this sort of call - is it "We are on the way" but of course no time given ?
Also, I'd like to ask if the EMT referred to above post are what in the UK we call "First Responders" ?

ETA = here in England I live in a tiny village 50 miles from the nearest hospital. We rely on the Air Ambulance in emergencies, but do not have local police. Nearest police is at least 20 miles away and only a local service, not 24 hrs.
Nothing like the enormous distances in the USA, I'm just personally trying to comprehend the differences. :thinking:

EMT = emergency medical technician

First responders (where I live) can refer to EMTs, paramedics, firefighters, police, etc. Anyone who is likely to respond first to a scene.

hummmm your comment now has me wondering about VDK. I looked at the weather in ID Falls on 7/13/2015 (the day of the interview) and it shows that it got up to 81 degrees. Why is he wearing a sweatshirt? Come to think of it I don't really remember a photo of him without a sweatshirt on during the beginning of DJ's disapperance. JM seems to look like it's pretty hot outside with her tank top on sitting next to him in this photo.
imagejpeg

Some guys just wear sweatshirts all the time. There was one guy I went to college with in Montana years ago--we dated for six or seven weeks in the summer and I never saw his bare arms. One day he came to class in a long-sleeved dress shirt with the cuffs rolled part way up, and it was like he had started doing a strip tease.

But I digress...

LookingForClues I thank you.
Much clearer now. Our Firemen are part timers and the coastguards too, but they are called out from their 'fulltime' jobs whenever needed..
Where would we all be without these volunteers. Their response time is dependant on their positions when called out - but they just drop everything and GO.

Yes, they do. :)

OT story, but once we were at the grocery -- my husband, me and our kids (all between toddlerhood and preschool years at the time). The tones dropped, my husband ran, and we just waited right there in the grocery until he came back to pick us up. We had some interesting adventures during his time volunteering.

Some guys just wear sweatshirts all the time. There was one guy I went to college with in Montana years ago--we dated for six or seven weeks in the summer and I never saw his bare arms. One day he came to class in a long-sleeved dress shirt with the cuffs rolled part way up, and it was like he had started doing a strip tease.

But I digress...

I would agree with this if I hadn't seen so many other past picture of him with short sleeves on. I'm not really debating if someone prefers long sleeves vs short I'm just questioning if they fully checked the parents out and observed anything unusual with him or her physically.

I would agree with this if I hadn't seen so many other past picture of him with short sleeves on. I'm not really debating if someone prefers long sleeves vs short I'm just questioning if they fully checked the parents out and observed anything unusual with him or her physically.

What kind of thing are you thinking? I can't see a toddler putting up much of a fight :( Could be sratches from hiding a body in the undergrowth - but then they would just explain them away by saying they were searching for DeOrr and got scratched by a bush.

What kind of thing are you thinking? I can't see a toddler putting up much of a fight :( Could be sratches from hiding a body in the undergrowth - but then they would just explain them away by saying they were searching for DeOrr and got scratched by a bush.

Unless they're past bruises that would hid some type of a fight with an adult? If he had blood on his arm would the dogs pick up on that? Or would they pass it off because he's DJ's dad so of course he would have the boys scent on him? At this point I think I'm stretching for anything to keep this topic going.

I could also see if VDK and JM got into a fight. But agree with you on whether or not DeOrr caused them -- I just don't know how much fighting back he could or would have done.

I'm not sure how much a toddler would fight back either, but maybe he would bite if especially frightened? It's hard to think about this part of the situation. :(

It was probably the mountain lion.

He has bare arms here. If you look closely, he has a lot of strange marks on his arms. Some thought they were track marks, but I heard a rumour that he had a tattoo on that one arm, and was getting it removed. And indeed, there is a pic of him on his Facebook page that shows he has a tattoo there.
http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/08/kunz-family-investigator-everything-points-to-an-abduction/

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...3102339968&set=ecnf.100003102339968&source=49

It was probably the mountain lion.

For the record, the mark on VDK's right arm at the end of this Vilt link doesn't look like it was from a mountain lion... [emoji6]

And there goes some quality bourbon spewed all over my tablet. My husband won't be happy about that! Thanks, my fellow sleuthers! :laughing: :silly: :giggle: :loveyou:

I was just listening to the first unedited interview. Jessica called 911 at 2:36?? I thought it was 2:28??

For some reason, I was thinking the calls were at 2:22, 2:26, and 2:28. We are still unsure about the order though, right?

In my head, ggp called at 2:22, followed by Jessica at 2:26, followed by Deorr at 2:28 (Hauling down the road as Jessica called to ensure signal?)? But Klein listed them differently.

VK's sweatshirt may have been from an employer. Drivers get out of semis all the time, oftentimes on busy highways and interstates and often at night. I wouldn't be surprised if they were offered as part of the employment "uniform". I only suggest this because my own employer issues high visibility clothing for those of us who are likely to be driving and in and out of vehicles near roadways and near large equipment.

Also, I don't live in the middle of nowhere Idaho, but rural Indiana. It took the sheriff's office almost an hour to show up when I hit the deer (non-emergency) a few weeks ago. It took ambulance over 30 minutes to show up when there was a major medical emergency where I was living at the time. There were much faster ways for a vehicle to get there, but ambulances surpass the weight limits on the bridges on those roads. EMTs were first on scene with the sheriff showing up about 10 minutes later. They always just say "we'll get someone out there" when you call 911 here.

Idk about Idaho, but the company I work for here in MN won't allow orange when working on or near the highways. Only high visibility fluorescent yellow. I know we are required to have our guys wear a class 3 vest, at least. Here are some standard work zone safety specs. I think high visibility yellow is only required for our company but these guidelines are pretty accurate. My hubby is a traffic control supervisor so he helped me confirm the accuracy of this link since we work in different fields of the same company.

ETA: Work zone safety link

https://www.workzonesafety.org/fhwa_wz_grant/atssa/atssa_high_visibility_pocket_guide

On a side note- idk how or if these guidelines apply to OTR truck drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teqtoshi