ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheriff Bowerman said the parents can't tell the same story twice.

I am so curious about the documentary film crew that came to Idaho Falls to interview the family. The crew was doing a story on unexplained cases of missing children. Maybe a Big Foot connection, or possible alien abduction. FWIW.

I just know the FBI agents were eager to get their hands on that video. I think there's a 99% chance the parents told yet another untruth about what happened on the mountain.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/10/film-crew-producing-documentary-on-missing-deorr-kunz-jr/

The film crew spent hours with DeOrr Kunz Sr. and Jessica Mitchell, Deorr Jr.’s parents. Both agreed to go on-camera and share their story in their first interview since speaking with EastIdahoNews.com.

Filmmakers also conducted an on-camera interview with Isaac Reinwand, a friend who was camping with the family. Kunz’s twin sister, Tenisha Thompkins, and their father, also DeOrr Kunz, spoke with the filmmakers as did family friends Kelsey Olsen and Jamie Prestwich.

Wozers ~ awesome catch gliving!!! Could explain why it took the BAU time longer maybe than expected on their report back, if they had to process the full-uncut film of these witnesses and or testimony of family members recants of what they have been told first hand, etc.

ETA - The link was dated early Oct. I might have to go-back & research by way of FV.

And I believe IR's father is (or was) a prof of criminal justice at BYU, so not surprising that he would know to, or have been encouraged to, seek legal counsel.

Anybody caught up in a crime by no fault of their own, is wise to seek legal representation. Absolutely nothing suspicious about IR doing so. His narrative has been consistent and LE believes he is honest but if JM and VDK are arrested and the situation advances to court, IR will need to protect himself. He is likely to be cast in suspicion or implicated or accused by the parents who seem unwavering in their lies.

Wozers ~ awesome catch gliving!!! Could explain why it took the BAU time longer maybe than expected on their report back, if they had to process the full-uncut film of these witnesses and or testimony of family members recants of what they have been told first hand, etc.

I'm surprised to read Isaac was interviewed by the crew! Bowerman says he's consistant, so I'll go with that.

Would love to see the family friends video of what happened. What would they even know? They weren't there, were they? A quick glance at SM shows they are familiar with Leadore. Small world, huh?

Actually, I noticed she held that blanket to cover her left hand pretty much the whole time. At the time, I was trying to see if she had an engagement ring on her finger, but couldn't make it out.

From 1:34 to 1:42, there is a noticeable ring on her left ring finger: [video=youtube;IqtP8dqKdC8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqtP8dqKdC8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqtP8dqKdC8[/video]

Here is a close-up: ring.jpg
(it's pretty grainy - you can actually see it a lot better on the video.)

I'm surprised to read Isaac was interviewed by the crew! Bowerman says he's consistant, so I'll go with that.

Would love to see the family friends video of what happened. What would they even know? They weren't there, were they? A quick glance at SM shows they are familiar with Leadore. Small world, huh?

I agree with IR being consistent.

It's just like the other g'pa that wasn't there who gave People Mag. the quote that the "blanket was found in the truck." Sounds like this video is a gold mind, because they will have family members making statements of what they have been told. Surely, LE can depose them of their knowledge? I maybe be wrong, but...

Who produced this? I somehow thought it was something to do with the 411 somthing? But, I now think this is highly doubtful. JMO

My thoughts exactly--what value could they possibly add. Their friends have demonstrated their cursing and SM threatening skills, but who knew they possessed such depth and insight to discuss events they neither participated in nor directly witnessed.

Actually, I noticed she held that blanket to cover her left hand pretty much the whole time. At the time, I was trying to see if she had an engagement ring on her finger, but couldn't make it out.

I for myself thought of something on her left arm what should be concealed. Is JM left-handed? Were there bruises or something?
If the engagement ring plays a role: VDK isn't wearing one, is that usual?

Well, I think it is important to the timeline, and I think that the order of who called, and who/what each had to say on the call will be of importance as well. I'm most intrigued that GGP placed a call, and where that call lies in the order of calls could be important as well. But I also agree with TheTruthWillOut that the most significance it has at this point is that Klein disclosed the information, then refused to clarify what is obviously not correct using the excuse that "it goes to timeline". Then why disclose the information in the first place? Personally I don't care much for Klein. I think he is a raging egomaniac that has used this case for publicity and to feed his ego. He is extremely unprofessional imo. It is insulting that he would put out contradictory information to the public, then refuse to clarify what was probably HIS mistake. He constantly makes derogatory remarks about the people following this case, clearly he thinks we are all beneath him and should be grateful that he throws us a morsel every once in while, regardless of whether it is accurate information or not, we should be grateful anyways.

What exactly has he done for this case, besides ride the coattails of LE and FBI? And gain publicity for himself? And feed his ego? I'd like to know what progress he has really made that LE and FBI weren't on to already. Sorry for going a bit OT there...

IMO.

Just catching up here.............

I so totally agree with you about Klein and have said this was my feeling about him from the very first time I saw him and listened to him speak. You simply do not use a missing two and a half year old to further your career or feed your ego. He has wanted everyone to beg him for information when, in truth, he has none. Has he really told us anything of substance? I do not think so.

JMO, and has been from the beginning of when he first injected himself into little DeOrr's MP case.

Just one more thing. VDK is/was an OTR truck driver. He probably had the best cell phone of all of them and didn't need to 'haul up the road' to get a signal.

JMO

And I believe IR's father is (or was) a prof of criminal justice at BYU, so not surprising that he would know to, or have been encouraged to, seek legal counsel.

I remember this topic early on but I can't remember which thread it was.

hummmm your comment now has me wondering about VDK. I looked at the weather in ID Falls on 7/13/2015 (the day of the interview) and it shows that it got up to 81 degrees. Why is he wearing a sweatshirt? Come to think of it I don't really remember a photo of him without a sweatshirt on during the beginning of DJ's disapperance. JM seems to look like it's pretty hot outside with her tank top on sitting next to him in this photo.
imagejpeg

Well shoot it's not letting me post it. It's the one with them sitting on the 4 wheeler

hummmm your comment now has me wondering about VDK. I looked at the weather in ID Falls on 7/13/2015 (the day of the interview) and it shows that it got up to 81 degrees. Why is he wearing a sweatshirt? Come to think of it I don't really remember a photo of him without a sweatshirt on during the beginning of DJ's disapperance. JM seems to look like it's pretty hot outside with her tank top on sitting next to him in this photo.
imagejpeg

I don't understand. Why the concern about him wearing sweatshirts?

If there really was a rumour, I would have expected them to jump on it as evidence that DeOrr was abducted - This mystery man at 6pm abducted my son! Find him! Not say That was me. Me and my filthy, bawling son.

We haven't heard anything about the staring man for a while, have we... They just dropped it as soon as they realised no one believed them. As someone said earlier in the thread, they dropped the charade ages ago. They're not even bothering to go through the motions of looking for their son.

:moo:

That has always baffled me, it sounded so false and seemed like overkill. According to him, it all happened just like that, the man, the black truck, the filthy, bawling child...except it was that morning instead of at 6 PM. If I didn't know better, I might suspect that it really was him and Deorr that were there at 6 PM, simply because of his bizarre protest.

Maybe this was his sad attempt to support their claim that Deorr was with them at the store when they were there that morning. And, that he was alive.

Also from the language of the dispatchers, I don't think anyone stayed on the line until LE got there like I've speculated before.
Nothing here is as "expected". Besides, it SURELY wouldn't be in their best interests if they WERE to stay on the line. I'm sure there were other things for them to do . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elementpro