Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the same article:
"Though Klein wouldn’t say exactly where they would be searching, he did say it would be near the Timber Creek Campground, which is the mountain campsite located approximately 115 northwest of Idaho Falls where DeOrr was first reported missing last summer.

Near, not at. Interesting.

Reference 2/29/16 statement:

Klein:
We are announcing after the finalization of Stage 3 we now move to Stage 4 of this investigation. We will, when the thaw begins…we will be bringing in specialized dogs up to a certain area of Leadore. We do not want to give that location out at this time but we will be bringing in specialized dogs from Georgia into a certain area of the lower part of the campground. That’s all we’re willing to say at this point, and we will begin a ground search – we will begin an extensive ground search. Our understanding is that local law enforcement officials up there will also be conducting a search. We will coordinate with them. They are the lead on this case at this point in time since it is now a criminal case, and we will either follow or we will move out of the way regarding the direction they give us at this point.

http://m.localnews8.com/news/interv...ip-klein-on-deorr-kunz-investigation/38264866

I'm in the Boise area- very little coverage, even in the past few days with all the drama. I try to watch the news but somehow I seem to always miss parts of it. We have three news channels and I never know which one to watch either (in hopes of a DeOrr story). However, for what it's worth, I've not seen anything on the news (television) in a very long time (probably since DK and JM were named suspects) - it's highly possible I missed something (because I have seen articles online from the Boise stations), but here in Boise, it just isn't a super hot news topic for whatever reason.

Boise in da HOUSE!!! I didn't know we were "neighbors." :-) Yes, there has been little to no coverage on the evening news on the two stations I regularly watch (KNIN Fox 9 New On Your Side and KTVB News At Ten). It boggles my mind.

I wish this didn't have to sound so much like a football game and Deorr Jr. is the prize. Commenting that #teamklein has gone viral. I'm sorry but that makes me nauseous. Maybe he should post a picture of Deorr Jr. from time to time to remind his following and himself that it's not about sides it's about Deorr Jr. I'm starting to get a creepy Websluthing vibe from everyone involved in this case. Like they read things here and defend them online. I was really supportive of him until this very public pissing match started between him and Browning. If Klein wants to "keep his eye on the ball" then he should have just mentioned Deorr Jr. in that post and not gotten caught up in the media. Hopefully he can redeem himself by following though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. However, ANY publicity about this case (good, bad or indifferent) is still getting DeOrr's name out there. All missing persons should be so lucky. I don't think his parents imagined in their wildest dreams that it would be taken this far. They were likely counting on the fact that it would be swept under the rug and forgotten.

I think something weird is brewing....

Latest update by Klein with EIN then Local8.

Big spat between Browning and KIC.

EIN's last article about the case was this one: http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/0...stions-youve-asked-about-the-deorr-kunz-case/ which in hindsight has some weird questions and answers IMO concerning their role and conduct. Quiet for two days now.

CB over at KIFI KIDK has, since doing her own interview with Klein the other day, been on FB drumming up questions to ask Browning and Klein and generally been much more involved all of a sudden.

May just be me thinking this all odd?

I agree. However, ANY publicity about this case (good, bad or indifferent) is still getting DeOrr's name out there. All missing persons should be so lucky. I don't think his parents imagined in their wildest dreams that it would be taken this far. They were likely counting on the fact that it would be swept under the rug and forgotten.

I just hope they (VDK & JM) don't use the media in their favor. It seems like too many cases turn for the worse once they get too publicized.

EIN's last article about the case was this one: http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/0...stions-youve-asked-about-the-deorr-kunz-case/ which in hindsight has some weird questions and answers IMO concerning their role and conduct. Quiet for two days now.

CB over at KIFI KIDK has, since doing her own interview with Klein the other day, been on FB drumming up questions to ask Browning and Klein and generally been much more involved all of a sudden.

I'm seeing the storm clouds starting to form around Klein, too. I don't think he's incorrect or lying about the things he's said, but I do think that he's publicly sharing information that isn't appropriate to share publicly, and that it's damaging to the case. I haven't seen LE comment on Klein's revelation that JM has outright said she knows where the body is, and I think that's a big red flag. LE is being careful about the way that they engage with Klein, and I think they're trying to keep his inappropriateness at bay by being relatively silent about it.
For someone who detests side shows so much, he certainly knows how to captivate a crowd and revel around in the drama of it all :/

I just hope they (VDK & JM) don't use the media in their favor. It seems like too many cases turn for the worse once they get too publicized.

I think the media ship for them has long sailed on by. The media is largely on Little DeOrr's side now and I don't think it can be stopped, thankfully.

Thoughts and ramblings by me (in no particular order)

The car bumper luminol thing, the cerebral fluid, the accident allegedly mentioned by Grandpa, the unreleased 911 calls. Did someone reverse into DeOrr?

What if Grandpa accidentally ran him over? Drunk maybe. Maybe not. Of the four, he would be the one the others would want to protect. Equally, he would protect Jessica. She would protect VDK. If Isaac is telling the truth and he was oblivious to it all, could they have hidden all that from him? Is he playing dumb? Was he woken by noise? Did it happen when they were drunk? Did DeOrr die overnight?

Did VDK leave the site in the morning to hide a body? Did Jessica use the "need tampons" excuse as a reason to leave the site for another store trip later on? Gpa/IR would not question it even though the it's a 90 minute round trip.

Hauling down the road must have something to do with it in my opinion. Them all calling 911 at the same time is suspicious. Was that tactical? Was it to hide evidence, maybe the wellies? If I were LE I'd be searching around the area VDK "hauled to".

Why is LE silent on Kleins recent bombshells? If it's not true surely they'd say? Did they secretly want that info "leaking" and ask Klein to be the mouthpiece? Even removing Klein (and Vilt) from the picture SB has made it extremely clear that he, his team, the FBI and their behavioural analysts ALL BELIEVE THE PARENTS ARE LYING. Would they dare reiterate that so strongly (as per links Bessie posted upthread) if there was a chance the parents are innocent?

I hate the "pissing match" as someone called it. I wish the police would release a new statement, anything to clears a few bits up. At the moment I'm pro-Klein but his claims need backing up, and fast. Did Jessica or did Jessica not admit to knowing where DeOrr's body is? It's clear cut to me, if she did she needs arresting, if she didn't Klein is in deep doodoo.

I feel confused, frustrated and irritated, and yes I know my thoughts aren't necessarily cohesive, it's been a long week.

And now I've got all that off my chest I can have a calming nice cup of Yorkshire tea ("it'll be reet"), catch up on the thread properly and go to bed. Night all.

:coffeews:

I think the whole lawyer thing has everyone doing a CYA. They are likely scared. This, too, shall pass once everyone realizes that JM, VDK and DDK don't have a leg to stand on in regard to suing Klein for defamation.

I think the whole lawyer thing has everyone doing a CYA. They are likely scared. This, too, shall pass once everyone realizes that JM, VDK and DDK don't have a leg to stand on in regard to suing Klein for defamation.

Exactly! The plaintiffs will have to prove that Klein defamed them. How do they plan on doing that? They probably don't even realize that's what they'll have to do. By then, evidence from Quantico should be back and, hopefully, a body.

Thoughts and ramblings by me (in no particular order)

The car bumper luminol thing, the cerebral fluid, the accident allegedly mentioned by Grandpa, the unreleased 911 calls. Did someone reverse into DeOrr?

What if Grandpa accidentally ran him over? Drunk maybe. Maybe not. Of the four, he would be the one the others would want to protect. Equally, he would protect Jessica. She would protect VDK. If Isaac is telling the truth and he was oblivious to it all, could they have hidden all that from him? Is he playing dumb? Was he woken by noise? Did it happen when they were drunk? Did DeOrr die overnight?

Did VDK leave the site in the morning to hide a body? Did Jessica use the "need tampons" excuse as a reason to leave the site for another store trip later on? Gpa/IR would not question it even though the it's a 90 minute round trip.

Hauling down the road must have something to do with it in my opinion. Them all calling 911 at the same time is suspicious. Was that tactical? Was it to hide evidence, maybe the wellies? If I were LE I'd be searching around the area VDK "hauled to".

Why is LE silent on Kleins recent bombshells? If it's not true surely they'd say? Did they secretly want that info "leaking" and ask Klein to be the mouthpiece? Even removing Klein (and Vilt) from the picture SB has made it extremely clear that he, his team, the FBI and their behavioural analysts ALL BELIEVE THE PARENTS ARE LYING. Would they dare reiterate that so strongly (as per links Bessie posted upthread) if there was a chance the parents are innocent?

I hate the "pissing match" as someone called it. I wish the police would release a new statement, anything to clears a few bits up. At the moment I'm pro-Klein but his claims need backing up, and fast. Did Jessica or did Jessica not admit to knowing where DeOrr's body is? It's clear cut to me, if she did she needs arresting, if she didn't Klein is in deep doodoo.

I feel confused, frustrated and irritated, and yes I know my thoughts aren't necessarily cohesive, it's been a long week.

And now I've got all that off my chest I can have a calming nice cup of Yorkshire tea ("it'll be reet"), catch up on the thread properly and go to bed. Night all.

:coffeews:

I don't buy the accident and anyone being drunk trying to hide it. I have old neighbors that drank all the time but still managed to get their kids to the ER etc when needed even if they were drunk. So I don't buy that one. And these were some sketchy as Hell parents...surprised they didn't get arrested themselves as they were always drunk and fighting.

I liked the comparison of Klein to Trump. Take no prisoners approach.

Lot of back and forth and speculation keeps little DeOrr on the front page and that always makes me happy.

If there is a resolution and DeOrr is found we can thank Klein for keeping his story alive.

I am so happy to hear Tim Miller is coming up to search. Oh Happy Day!

Klein & Trump could skip down the street naked & holding hands for all I care, as long as it kept people asking "oh hey, what ever happened to that little boy?".

It makes me think that they just didn't pay him enough money to stay on their side and he realized he would get more attention if he started releasing information and saying how they know more than they are saying than continuing to promote the abduction theory.

That is not what he was hired to do. He set the price and they paid. He was obligated to abide by the terms of the contract. I wouldn't hire him to find my dog.

I'm still over here giggling over the fact that Klein had his client go stare at wall and wait for some undercover pi to whisper in his ear "999"
Oh man.....lol

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

I think I saw this scene is a movie. It is beyond the beyond and goofy.

That is not what he was hired to do. He set the price and they paid. He was obligated to abide by the terms of the contract. I wouldn't hire him to find my dog.
The thing with that though is, do any of us KNOW what the terms of the contract were? I sure don't and if anyone has a factual link I'd love to see it. Otherwise we can't really say what he is or isn't doing wrong. We do see that part of the contract was to release findings, which we do know he's done. Those findings just didn't seem to be quite what the family had in mind. Again, see Courtney Love, her hiring of a PI turned out much the same way in the investigation of Kurt Cobain's death.

999 is police code for "officer needs help - urgent"

I see a few things happening that seem troubling. We know that LE and FBI are working very closely on this case. We also know that they have access to many tools, resources, and data that Klein does not have. Moreover, they have funds that Klein does not have. I'll be very surprised if anybody outside of LE finds DeOrr's body. I've seen members of Search and Rescue make comments and I feel LE has a clear idea of where to look and are simply waiting out the winter. If LE only cared about egos and satiating the public's cries, they would have arrested the parents. That would likely have worked against them. I cannot same the same about Klein.

There are a lot of things to consider in regards to Klein. I don't know the details of the contract, but I think he is a little scared because I noticed that he pushed DDK away in a recent statement and commented that the public paid his fees. He seems to be trying to somehow make the public his client? In the end, if there is a conviction any attorney could easily file an appeal on the grounds the parents were denied a fair trial. They might have something too...due to Klein's unprofessional behavior. This makes me uncomfortable. Mostly though, I just keep looking and thinking where is DeOrr? Stop talking and act. Until I see some action I remain unimpressed. That does not excuse the parents one bit. But I expect others to be above reproach and he is not.

The sheriff himself has said VDK and JM are lying, and that's basically what Klein is saying only with a few more details. I don't think it makes their chances of a fair trial any different when Klein talks than when the sheriff does.

This will likely be a federal trial because it happened on public lands, so the jury pool will be much bigger than just Lemhi county.

When I read that JM's ex said he was 100% behind Klein I was taken aback. This is a person who was married to her, had two children with her. He has known her intimately.

Does that include PI licensed outside of Idaho? Klein's licensed in Texas. Klein has posted a letter that was written to Dennis Kunz reiterating their agreement that KIC would determine what would be released to the media. It was included in the interference clause of the contract. He also met with Dennis Kunz regarding the case. He didn't meet with Vernal as Vernal was not his client. Vernal's attorney mistakenly referred to Vernal as KIC's client when complaining of not being advised of their findings. Not trying to be difficult but I don't see where he has done anything illegal, but I don't know the laws. Do laws regarding PI's cross state lines? :moo:

In response to a question on FB about whether a client is required in order for him to investigate a case, he replied that he operates under TX laws (which meant yes, a client is required). I don't know what TX laws are about this but I did see the contract pages where it is clearly stated that he's in charge of information released to the media. I don't know if that specifically meant investigation details could be revealed, but I feel pretty confident that Klein knows the law in these matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member