ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good points, thanks for answering. Can too much exposure work in favor for a suspect? I'm pretty uneducated with legal things. Could they say they weren't given a fair trial because the public viewed them negatively before it started?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel publicity for DeOrr and finding him is a good thing. I pray that child is found this spring.

If there are criminal charges filed and it goes to a jury trial, how in the world can they get a fair trial? They have been tried and convicted in SM, including WS, and many seem to want to play executioner.

What if, and I know I will get bashed for this, but what if DeOrr is found this spring not far from the campsite with no indication of foul play or accidental death? That maybe he did wonder off and just wasn't found. What if he did go in the creek and his body is lodged under a rock? It wouldn't be the first time searchers didn't find a body. Caylee Anthony is a good example and IIRC she was basically found on the side of the road.

Just what if? I don't know what happened up there, only four people know what happened up there. But just what if it is what they said it was? Their lives will never be the same. For not only did they lose a precious sweet child, but they will be forever convicted by public opinion. As much as the family is getting eviscerated by SM, I just can't see those same folks flooding SM with apologies and amends.

As I've said several times, if they did something to DeOrr, they need to be held accountable for it. But I for one believe the case should be tried in a court of law, not court of SM.

I'm ready for it:drumroll:

I think TS is ran by Tim Miller. And Klein is using the name to benefit from his agenda ; Even though the founder whom daughter was actually murdered was in agreement with Klein.

So just because you are in the same state and are affiliated with a program that is professional; Doesn't give you the right to to use their respective name while bashing others. Jmo

I love you Dex, but I truly believe without Klein we would still be sat here talking about mountin liones and cowboy boots, I don't like some of his ways but he's helped moved this case along from a complete standstill.

Are you serious?
Yes I am.
Did you not read my post?
I don't reply to posts I haven't read.
I know Dennis signed the contract hence "fire" in quotation marks. She was fired due to her own Personal Problems. And Klein's doing his job period. There is bound to be some fall-out from discovery. I for one appreciate Klein's information. Klein running his mouth? Klein is not in the wrong.

IMO Klein is running his mouth and is not doing his job. If he was so closely connected to LE then why would this be on the Lemhi County news site?
http://lemhiweb.com/content/kunz-attorney-files-lawsuit-against-private-investigator

http://lemhiweb.com/content/update-private-investigator-klein-has-been-fired-kunz-investigation

But no support for Klein on the news site

..DeOrr's case doesn't end up in a "cold case" file, people will still be aware and searching for him/once found he'll get a proper burial, and those responsible will be held accountable/justice for DeOrr.

..there can never be too much exposure for an unsolved case.

I don't know if that is considered 100% true. Recently, there was national media coverage over this stupid conspiracy theory that Katy Perry is JonBenet Ramsey. The YouTube video got over 2.1 million views. A BuzzFeed video about it got over 1 million views. Just do a search and you'll see how many news websites picked it up. I am curious to know how many people would still agree with "There are never be too much exposure for an unsolved case" when it comes to claiming that a murdered child is still alive and is now a famous pop star. Do we look at it like...okay there are people who were too young to remember the case but know about Katy Perry are now familiar with JBR's story? I always see people arguing that unsolved cases need to get lots of national coverage, but I feel like most people would argue that the media coverage in the Ramsey case was sensational and exploitative. However, I don't think too many people would say that about the Kyron Horman or Jacob Wetterling cases and both of those cases got a lot of media coverage too. So I wonder if there is a point where the media coverage goes from "Yay! Exposure!" to them milking the case for all its worth?

I feel publicity for DeOrr and finding him is a good thing. I pray that child is found this spring.

If there are criminal charges filed and it goes to a jury trial, how in the world can they get a fair trial? They have been tried and convicted in SM, including WS, and many seem to want to play executioner.

What if, and I know I will get bashed for this, but what if DeOrr is found this spring not far from the campsite with no indication of foul play or accidental death? That maybe he did wonder off and just wasn't found. What if he did go in the creek and his body is lodged under a rock? It wouldn't be the first time searchers didn't find a body. Caylee Anthony is a good example and IIRC she was basically found on the side of the road.

Just what if? I don't know what happened up there, only four people know what happened up there. But just what if it is what they said it was? Their lives will never be the same. For not only did they lose a precious sweet child, but they will be forever convicted by public opinion. As much as the family is getting eviscerated by SM, I just can't see those same folks flooding SM with apologies and amends.

As I've said several times, if they did something to DeOrr, they need to be held accountable for it. But I for one believe the case should be tried in a court of law, not court of SM.

I'm not going to blast you, I know some of our opinions on this case are different, but...

I more want to address your concerns for a fair trial. The issues you raise have been getting worse for years. Think all the way back to OJ. How were you supposed to find jurors who missed his 10 year hall of fame NFL career, commercial acting, movie acting, and the huge never ending coverage of his case leading up to trial? The coverage Deorr has received is nothing compared to some other higher profile cases. So is the answer "professional jurors", elected jurors, or something more radical? Our system and constitution was obviously written in a time when it was impossible to factor in modern living.

In closing my small blast will be it is extremely hard to say people shouldn't try the case on SM when in fact we are all gathered here on a website talking about the case. Kind of like saying whatever you do don't think of a pink elephant even though I am going to show you a giant picture of a pink elephant I just drew, do you like my drawing?

Well, in all honesty, if they are truly tired of the media circus, they could put a stop to it or at least slow it down. All they need to do is go in and be 100% truthful with LE. By refusing to do so they are perpetuating their own problems and keeping speculation in the front of the minds of the public.
Truthfully, if they'd not lied, failed polys, changed their stories, argued on social media, etc. do you think this circus would still be ongoing?
One would think they'd be sick and tired of going through daily nonsense, to include death threats. Much of that is fueled solely by the fact that they aren't being honest about the events that took place. So easy to rectify that, yet...for some reason they choose not to.
I can only think that the "hell" they are living in at this point must pale in comparison to what would happen if they told the truth. Otherwise what is the motivation to remain "less than truthful"?

I thanked your post mainly because that, "what if", is always foremost in my thoughts.
VDK & JM, are suspects in their child's disappearance. They are suspected of being involved...Suspected. What if they are not?
I feel like SB. I don't want to say something I'd have to apologize for.

I'm not going to blast you, I know some of our opinions on this case are different, but...

I more want to address your concerns for a fair trial. The issues you raise have been getting worse for years. Think all the way back to OJ. How were you supposed to find jurors who missed his 10 year hall of fame NFL career, commercial acting, movie acting, and the huge never ending coverage of his case leading up to trial? The coverage Deorr has received is nothing compared to some other higher profile cases. So is the answer "professional jurors", elected jurors, or something more radical? Our system and constitution was obviously written in a time when it was impossible to factor in modern living.

In closing my small blast will be it is extremely hard to say people shouldn't try the case on SM when in fact we are all gathered here on a website talking about the case. Kind of like saying whatever you do don't think of a pink elephant even though I am going to show you a giant picture of a pink elephant I just drew, do you like my drawing?

Honestly, I think this case has set a record for least amount of media coverage and the most hype about it. I've seen speculation about book deals, movies, lawyers and PIs getting involved for the publicity, not being about to get a jury trial anywhere, etc.

Are you thinking that people should say nothing at all to each other on threads like this unless it is to bash the PI or speculate that LE is wrong, etc? Are you thinking that the only discourse we have should be to defend the suspects or post articles without adding opinions? But what if some of us believe LE/FBI/Klein and want to talk about it?

Well, in all honesty, if they are truly tired of the media circus, they could put a stop to it or at least slow it down. All they need to do is go in and be 100% truthful with LE. By refusing to do so they are perpetuating their own problems and keeping speculation in the front of the minds of the public.
Truthfully, if they'd not lied, failed polys, changed their stories, argued on social media, etc. do you think this circus would still be ongoing?
One would think they'd be sick and tired of going through daily nonsense, to include death threats. Much of that is fueled solely by the fact that they aren't being honest about the events that took place. So easy to rectify that, yet...for some reason they choose not to.
I can only think that the "hell" they are living in at this point must pale in comparison to what would happen if they told the truth. Otherwise what is the motivation to remain "less than truthful"?

Exactly. They are doing this to themselves because they prefer this to admitting what they know about their son's death, which I presume is because it wasn't just a "simple" accident. All they want is for everything to die down so they can get on with their lives... maybe relocate to a beach town on the tip of Florida? moo

I haven't lived in Eastern Idaho for a few years so I can't say what it's like in the community in real life, but I have followed the media and SM regarding DeOrr and I think it would be difficult to get a jury for a trial, especially in Salmon (Lemhi County seat).

I understand this is especially difficult in high profile cases all over. I don't think the Framers anticipated Facebook. :laughing:

I remember traveling (as a child) with my parents in Indiana, and we found it difficult to find a place to dine- children weren't permitted to enter restaurants where alcohol was served. Does anyone know if Idaho laws are similar? In other words, would DeOrr have been allowed in the Silver Dollar?

I haven't lived in Eastern Idaho for a few years so I can't say what it's like in the community in real life, but I have followed the media and SM regarding DeOrr and I think it would be difficult to get a jury for a trial, especially in Salmon (Lemhi County seat).

I understand this is especially difficult in high profile cases all over. I don't think the Framers anticipated Facebook. :laughing:

But what % of people who live in Lehmi County are talking about Deorr on FB?

I love you Dex, but I truly believe without Klein we would still be sat here talking about mountin liones and cowboy boots, I don't like some of his ways but he's helped moved this case along from a complete standstill.

SABBM

Agreed.
Any publicity will keep DeOrr Jr's case from going cold.

As far as JM being 'let go', or however a person wants to label her dismissal -- Something about the fact she lied about her child's whereabouts makes me think she might not be the best person to work with innocent, vulnerable residents at a care facility.
How many people here on this forum would trust her to babysit their little ones ? Knowing she is a suspect in the disappearance and likely death of her own baby ?
Neither parent gets a pass from me.
:moo:

You got a way with words, Apparition.

I can't really think in the direction of "what if". Mainly because if Deorr truly wandered off, there would be no reason for telling 9 different stories about it.

In my experience, one can be truthful and remember a couple of details incorrectly. I did so myself. But if you have not committed or covered up a crime, your statements will be consistent.

If or when they are charged each should have their own attorney. And yes attorney client privilege remains. Browning can't reveal anything he learned from either of them without their permission.

He can't reveal it, but he can build a case with the information he has against whichever client gets dropped. If some monumental piece of evidence shows up that proves murder, Browning is going to do whatever he can to save his client.

Assuming VK stays his client, anything JM has said to Browning could be used against her. I'm sure there are plenty of questions and statements that could be made just skirting around attorney client privilege.

If this goes to court, JM better be ready to shell out big money for a top notch defense attorney, because I think she's made a big mistake. Not that I really care, but I'd hate to see only one of the two guilty parties go down if they both deserve it.

I've posted a few times about how this case hasn't gotten that much media coverage. However, I think that Jessica and Vernal would likely overestimate how well-known the case is. I think that's a good thing. We want them to think that the entire county, the entire state, the entire country thinks they killed their son. I would rather them be delusional because they are more likely to feel the pressure.

Liquor laws etc...

It might depend on the time of day/evening. I seem to recall the bar stays open later.

"This Cafe shares kitchen with a bar but the eating area is completely separate. Very neat and clean. Wildlife decor. Food is very well cooked and hamburgers and fries are very good. Very reasonable rates. On a lonely road this was a welcome stop!"

http://m.yelp.com/biz/silver-dollar-cafe-leadore

If they are charged with federal crimes, their trials would not be in Idaho Falls (or Salmon). The closest federal courthouse is in Pocatello.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member