Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!

ReadySet said:
No problem! I finally caught up reading but now can't remember all the things I wanted to post. :gaah:

Right now I have 2 more pages to read (100 posts each page) and what I do, if I want to respond to someone's post - I open my "NotePad" and copy the quote and reply, and than when I finally end a page, I post that and continue reading... Just like I'm doing now (on Page 3 as I type) Hopefully that's helpful to you!
:wave:

Hoosier952 said:
snipped by me..
I don't think anyone is covering for GGP. I think JM would have thrown him under the bus on the 911 call. The only thing that would change my opinion would be someone stating GGP was providing substantial financial resources for JM and VK.

Actually, JM DID trhow GGP under the bus (after 911 call) and said that GGP was watching little DeOrr... :underbus:

okay - next page... :pcguru:

My 2 year old cousin wandered up a ladder and drowned in a yard full if relatives. Trust me when I say this, accidents do happen and there's definitely more than one victim when it does.

Not directed at Raymonde, but saying it because I'm here, I am surprised so many of us are beyond reasonably convinced that something nefarious has happened here. I mean they haven't even been charged yet. I'm not saying they are innocent, I'm just really surprised how far in alot of us are. For me, I'm not so sure. I also don't see the parents as evil, conniving, devious killers. I just can't see what I'm missing here.
Anyway, I hope they get back up there soon, find this baby and put it all together once and for all.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I totally think it could have been (in fact, likely was) an accident. But if you believe the three investigative entities who say the parents covered up their son's death and have been lying to anyone who will listen since July 10th, then they are very much indeed quite devious and conniving. That doesn't make the murderers. But it makes them a whole heck of lot of other things! IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally think it could have been (in fact, likely was) an accident. But if you believe the three investigative entities who say the parents covered up their son's death and have been lying to anyone who will listen since July 10th, then they are very much indeed quite devious and nefarious. That doesn't make the murderers. But it makes them a whole heck of lot of other things! IMO.

I agree that if they covered up an accident that of course they should be prosecuted, I was just responding that there is more than one victim in a death like this.
I was wondering, isn't it odd that they have the same lawyer? To me it seems that possibly one of them really doesn't know the truth. It's just the way I've been trying to play it out in my head. If my husband and I did something bad together and were now named suspects, I would get my own lawyer just in case he decided to talk and start blaming me.

Gah. It's posts like these that tear me right to pieces. I'm totally not hand slapping you for your post, not at all. It's just that this is so very likely the reality we are going to see and I hate that our minds even have to go there. It makes it so real, if that makes any sense.
I simply cannot imagine a parent burying their child out in the wilderness, yet I know it happens. I cannot understand it, not one bit.
Poor little angel. "We" are coming for you. Hopefully your mommy and daddy will help find you so you can be properly laid to rest.

You're right. It's absolutely horrible to think about. There's a little boy out there somewhere, and his parents "absolutely" know where he is according to law enforcement. I just hope they let the rest of us in on their little secret so that he can be put to rest with the respect and love he deserves.

So sorry to hear that ninij9 :hug:
Thanks, it was 40 years ago now, but I only meant to say that there are many victims regardless of circumstances.
I hate that I'm in the minority on a thread filled with posters that I respect and I just can't seem to see it the way you all do. Usually it's so clear to me. Truthfully I have passed up reading alot of the SM junk connected to this case so I don't see the hate for them. Could that be it?

Thanks, it was 40 years ago now, but I only meant to say that there are many victims regardless of circumstances.
I hate that I'm in the minority on a thread filled with posters that I respect and I just can't seem to see it the way you all do. Usually it's so clear to me. Truthfully I have passed up reading alot of the SM junk connected to this case so I don't see the hate for them. Could that be it?

It could well be. SM is a double-edged sword - great for obtaining info (that often can't be discussed here due to TOS) but not-so-great due to being a cess-pit of the weirdest, most unpleasant, psychotic members it has. That said, based upon what LE has said so far, I would still be erring on the side of "the parents did it" - just perhaps with less strength of feeling :)

My 2 year old cousin wandered up a ladder and drowned in a yard full if relatives. Trust me when I say this, accidents do happen and there's definitely more than one victim when it does.

Not directed at Raymonde, but saying it because I'm here, I am surprised so many of us are beyond reasonably convinced that something nefarious has happened here. I mean they haven't even been charged yet. I'm not saying they are innocent, I'm just really surprised how far in alot of us are. For me, I'm not so sure. I also don't see the parents as evil, conniving, devious killers. I just can't see what I'm missing here.
Anyway, I hope they get back up there soon, find this baby and put it all together once and for all.

bbm: Something nefarious *did happen here.

Even if the parents are innocent of hurting him in any way -- they still concealed his body, they still reported him as missing when he wasn't, they still led the public on a wild goose chase, they still accepted funds to which they were not entitled, they still lied to their loved ones, they still manipulated people's emotions, they still left their baby's body out there like an old apple core ...

I can't think of how any normal, loving parents could do such things.

Of course, that's if you go by the results of the nine polygraph tests. If not, then yes, one could certainly argue that the parents were innocent victims who simply lost track of their child, who just hasn't been found yet.

I agree that if they covered up an accident that of course they should be prosecuted, I was just responding that there is more than one victim in a death like this.
I was wondering, isn't it odd that they have the same lawyer? To me it seems that possibly one of them really doesn't know the truth. It's just the way I've been trying to play it out in my head. If my husband and I did something bad together and were now named suspects, I would get my own lawyer just in case he decided to talk and start blaming me.

Hopefully your husband is not reading this haha! I think it's really weird that they have the same lawyer. I have wondered if DK was worried about JM rolling and so let her into the fold with his lawyer for his own protection. I guess once she is charged she'll get her own PD.

And I agree that there are other victims. The sweet little siblings and poor extended family, for starters. DeOrr's death would have been devastatingly tragic even if there had been no coverup. I can't imagine!

I don't read all the SM crap either. Never have, hope I never will. I like to form my opinions and thoughts based on what LE says. I know too many people in real life who share too much stuff on SM and I try not to get sucked into it. I don't understand the pissing matches that take place on SM. Maybe I'm just old enough to remember when people were polite to each other. IDK

I think you are probably right. By the same token, I wonder if they would have gone through with the coverup if they could have foreseen that the public would still care eight months later.

Maybe they thought it would be a story on the news and their life would go on with one fewer child and the sympathy of the community

If you don't follow missing child cases to the extent that we do, you would have zero idea about the whole social media drama on FB pages for missing kids. That's true for a lot of online culture---unless you are part of the niche, you are completely oblivious to it. Vernal and Jessica have put in minimal effort to get media coverage for Deorr's case, just talking to EIN here and there. I definitely think they thought Deorr's case would be a story on the news that would eventually fade away. They had zero idea that the case would still be actively discussed on WS and social media eight months later---they probably didn't even consider that a possibility.

I sort of wonder if it would have been better if they launched a big local PR campaign to find Deorr---claim that he got lost in the woods. Don't say anything about abduction. Don't hire any PIs. Have a huge search to find him. After too much time had gone by for Deorr to have survived, say that you are still hoping for a miracle, but you need to be realistic and use resources for children who can still be found. No more MSM interviews, no more social media. You are now the grieving parent of a dead child---you no longer need the public's assistance.

Remember---LE announced the parents were suspects because they were solicting donations. If they had completely dropped out of all media in August, would LE have made any sort of announcement?

So, here is an idea- VDK has been the most adamant about Deorr being seen at the store on Friday. GGP frailty has been pushed by the family & LE, but if he were just as clueless as IR as to what was going on why don't their stories match up (according to Klein)?
JM needed to go to the store for a possibly valid reason, but what if they didn't take Deorr because they wanted to have some alone time? Leaving Deorr in the charge of GGP, perhaps while he was napping, is undoubtedly a poor decision, but is in my realm of possibility.
If something happened during that time- some sort of accident- and the parents return to a dead child I can see VDK taking charge of the situation & possibly JM was so shocked that she just went along with it? GGP went along with it because he thought it was best to help the kids cover/felt guilty about whatever occurred on his watch or really is so feeble minded he was just easy to convince.
As convinced as I am that JM is a horrendous human being, perhaps she really is just stupid enough to follow the story VDK made up to protect her GGP? JMO & I'm sure someone else has posted a similar theory already.

I'm still somewhat on the fence about the parents. I know what SB said and acknowledge that he said (in his round-about way) that they were suspects. However, I can sort of see two sides to this story, even though I don't understand either one.

I guess I really mean to tell those who don't 100% think the parents are guilty, they ain't alone.

It's what some people call tough s***, if you go around disappearing your children you've got to expect your employers to take a dim view sorry but MOO.

I wanted to clarify that I was asking if it is legal to fire someone because they are considered a suspect in the disappearance of their child. I don't necessarily feel sorry for her, I was approaching the situation from a legal standpoint, without my person opinion interfering.

Remember: Klein said his team is split on Accident vs. Homicide and that his (as in Klein, himself) vote is Accident.

This is the one thing that really bothers me. There is a HUGE difference between an accident and homicide.

Did I read that JM was GGP's carer? Could GGP be coerced onto going along with whatever he's told as it could have been hinted to him that if anything were to happen to the parents then he'd end up in a home/be alone?

MO

I wanted to clarify that I was asking if it is legal to fire someone because they are considered a suspect in the disappearance of their child. I don't necessarily feel sorry for her, I was approaching the situation from a legal standpoint, without my person opinion interfering.

Idaho is a work at will state. Employees can be fired without reason as long as it is not discriminatory.

Klein's facebook is interesting right now.

Quick question.

I see that BB has setup a for an attorney. It has some serious and interesting information in the description. Can it be linked and/or posted?

Quick question.

I see that BB has setup a for an attorney. It has some serious and interesting information in the description. Can it be linked and/or posted?

Sorry, but no links are allowed to fundraising sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elementpro