ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - # 25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to wrap my head around and understand how people in this world can do hurtful things to others.....How do people get so messed up? Is it like bad brain wiring or something? Learned behavior?

I strongly believe it's learned behavior. From checking public records, I have a sense that Jessica grew up in a volatile household, at best. That usually means one of two things. I'll use myself as an example. My dad was a habitual adulterer and my mom stuck with him for 35 years of marriage before finally coming to her senses and divorcing him. I took that knowledge and decided that behavior in my husband is THE thing that I will not tolerate, and he knows it. Some women could take that and go in an entirely other direction and not only marry someone who was an adulterer, but live with it and play the victim all their lives, thus mimicking learned behavior.

In Jessica's case, I think she had an unstable upbringing and this has had a huge impact on how her view of the world was shaped and what she will accept as normal and acceptable behavior in her world. Instead of saying, "I will NOT allow that behavior to repeat itself in my life", I believe she is more of the type of person that would say, "Hey, this behavior is not so bad. I lived through it and I'm not such a terrible person." As for what "behavior" I am talking about, it could be anything. Pick your poison.

I don't think VK or JM wanted to do this interview. I think it was strongly suggested by Browning.

What's everyone been vocal about? "Why aren't the parents speaking out?" "Why aren't they begging for the return of their child if they think he's been abducted?"- Browning is going to get them out in the public eye.

I also see it as a last ditch effort to buy some sympathy and cause just the tiniest bit of doubt with everyone watching. Everyone watching is a potential member of the jury if there is ever a trial. The media can help/hurt both sides.

SB's last statement made me feel a bit uneasy. I don't know if he has serious doubts about what happened or if he just doesn't want to say he knows what happened and then have the public ready with pitchforks outside his door wondering why they haven't been arrested yet. I do hope if he has any doubts, it's based on accident or intentional or maybe who the guilty party/parties is/are.

Wait, what state of SB's are you talking about?

I'm trying to wrap my head around and understand how people in this world can do hurtful things to others.....How do people get so messed up? Is it like bad brain wiring or something? Learned behavior?

Some people have poor impulse control. Some just never learned to manage their tempers. Others may never have been held accountable for bad behavior as children -- their parents covered up for them or protected them from the consequences of their choices throughout their childhood, so they grew up with an entitled attitude. Some may have diagnosable mental illnesses and aren't being treated or aren't being treated adequately. Some may have personality disorders, psychopathy, borderline personality disorder, etc. Some abuse drugs. Some abuse alcohol. Some are just under intense stress and have no appropriate coping skills.

Learned behavior? A few might learn abuse from being abused, but it's rare. I posted some links a few threads ago to speak to this. Rarely, rarely do abused children grow up to repeat the patterns with which they grew up. More commonly, they internalize the abuse. iow, they turn their hurt inward against themselves and are unlikely in the extreme to hurt others. Unfortunately, the opposite has been reported so commonly in the news (based on a study performed on a prison population, a population that has *already offended) that it has become "common knowledge" and everyone believes that the "cycle of abuse" is fact and inevitable, furthering the stigma of survivors of child abuse, and that's really unfair and really hurtful. It tends to make it even harder for people who have already had to struggle through serious hurdles in their lives.

At any rate, that's a pet peeve and not really on topic. How do people become so messed up as to hurt their own children? I suppose the answers are as diverse as the people who hurt their kids. And unfortunately, that makes it really hard to identify the people who are at the highest risk of doing it. But the more we study it -- and I mean not just actual researchers but everyday people like us, too -- the more likely we are to spot the signs early and maybe, just maybe, help save kids.

moo

Yet another "sneak peek" on Chelsea's FB page - see the latest video: https://www.facebook.com/ChelseaBrentzelNews/videos
Did anyone else think JM was nodding her head up & down, the same way you might nod in agreement, while that question was being asked?
*Re-watched, maybe I imagined it, but I do think that is a new hole in her face. Living it up like Casey Anthony? Suddenly not having the responsibilities of any children or a job seems to be suiting her just fine.

Yet another "sneak peek" on Chelsea's FB page - see the latest video: https://www.facebook.com/ChelseaBrentzelNews/videos

Sounds like the interview will be damage control/reasonable doubt with some "woe is me" thrown in for good measure.

These parents make me ill. It's like this is some sort of game to them (and they seem to have been winning for the last 8 months). I hope this interview is their last move. I can hardly wait for the day when Sheriff Bowerman quietly and calmly looks them in the eye and says, "Checkmate." Game over.

I wonder if NE has just washed his hands of giving these people any more attention? Maybe he genuinely thought they had nothing to do with it & someone finally clued him in to something. EIN news coverage stopped rather suddenly.

Did anyone else think JM was nodding her head up & down, the same way you might nod in agreement, while that question was being asked?
*Re-watched, maybe I imagined it, but I do think that is a new hole in her face. Living it up like Casey Anthony? Suddenly not having the responsibilities of any children or a job seems to be suiting her just fine.

I need to watch the entire interview before commenting on that, I think. These "sneak peeks" are always so dang misleading, one has to be careful about forming opinions prior to watching!

I wonder if NE has just washed his hands of giving these people any more attention? Maybe he genuinely thought they had nothing to do with it & someone finally clued him in to something. EIN news coverage stopped rather suddenly.

It sure did, and I've been thinking about that a lot, lately. It seemed to all come to a screeching halt when the Kunz's lawyer got involved. I have to wonder if that scared Nate a little bit. Remember he moved back to Idaho one year ago to start that news station. I doubt he has the money to fight a potential lawsuit should the Kunz family decide to sue HIM, too, for defamation. I bet that's why he is backing down. JMO...

Sounds like the interview will be damage control/reasonable doubt with some "woe is me" thrown in for good measure.

These parents make me ill. It's like this is some sort of game to them (and they seem to have been winning for the last 8 months). I hope this interview is their last move. I can hardly wait for the day when Sheriff Bowerman quietly and calmly looks them in the eye and says, "Checkmate." Game over.

It might be damage control for now... But, God willing, little DeOrr will be found, and
there'll be more explaining to do in regards to this interview.

It's also possible that JM/VK are getting payed for the interview. I'm sure their supporters are dwindling on the go fund me accounts, and I bet they need the money.

Genuine question - does anyone else, having been 100% certain that JM & VDK are culpable, have occasional swings in thinking and have strong feelings that they might actually be innocent?

If not, I'll get my coat, but I am having strong swings between innocence & guilt and I don't know why as I was so sure from the beginning of their guilt :eek:fftobed:
well I'm sorta the opposite. I've thought them innocent from the beginning but do have moments where I rethink that stance.

I've lost a child to violence and an therefore rather sensitive to criticism of parents until they're guilty.

And I'm also distantly related to this family and grew up in that area and culture so I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.

well I'm sorta the opposite. I've thought them innocent from the beginning but do have moments where I rethink that stance.

I've lost a child to violence and an therefore rather sensitive to criticism of parents until they're guilty.

And I'm also distantly related to this family and grew up in that area and culture so I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Welcome! I haven't seen you post here before. I'm an Idahoan, too. From Boise. I'm glad someone from the area mentioned the "culture." I think that that plays a huge factor in this case.

I'm going to be on the lookout for that micro-expression where the liar says "no" but nods in the affirmative. That will be tomorrow because I'm sure as heck not staying up until midnight to see it.
This is the first thing I thought of looking for, this evening! Great minds... :)

The thing is, they've probably been studying up and practicing since becoming aware of things like statement analysis and body language analysis. And I'm sure their attorney has rehearsed them. That being said, hopefully there will be leakage.
Oh, I'm confident that no matter how much they've been "prepped," there will be leakage. These two aren't exactly geniuses. If I was their attorney I would be extremely nervous. I probably would have advised against the interview, completely.

Welcome! I haven't seen you post here before. I'm an Idahoan, too. From Boise. I'm glad someone from the area mentioned the "culture." I think that that plays a huge factor in this case.

Can you explain what cultural factors those of us from outside Idaho might be missing? TIA.

Oh, I'm confident that no matter how much they've been "prepped," there will be leakage. These two aren't exactly geniuses. If I was their attorney I would be extremely nervous. I probably would have advised against the interview, completely.

I agree.

On another note, I think that when IR was interviewed his attorney wasn't in the room. If he was, then there was never any indication he was coaching IR in any way, shape or form. I always thought IR was very believable and that he clearly understood what his lawyer had previously advised him against answering. I remember thinking at the time, "Wow, this guy is pretty matter of fact and believable. He never looks in any direction off camera for guidance after certain questions are asked. He just answers truthfully and says when he cannot answer."

I am wondering if JM and VDK's lawyer is actually there with them. I would bet he is.

This may have already been said, but IF Deorr is still missing (which I don't believe) what good does this interview do? I can't imagine caring what people think about me if my child is MISSING. Call me what you want just keep looking for my child!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weskerwife