ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - # 25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you explain what cultural factors those of us from outside Idaho might be missing? TIA.

I, personally, can't answer that being from Boise. My BFF grew up there (now lives in Boise) and she is always telling me about the "culture", etc. and how much she couldn't wait to get away from the place. (No offense to anyone who currently lives or is from there. I am just relaying her sentiments.)

well I'm sorta the opposite. I've thought them innocent from the beginning but do have moments where I rethink that stance.

I've lost a child to violence and an therefore rather sensitive to criticism of parents until they're guilty.

And I'm also distantly related to this family and grew up in that area and culture so I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I'm sorry for your loss.

I feel mostly confused about this case. At the very beginning, I was absolutely convinced there'd been a tragic accident and cover-up. Then, I became less sure. Gradually, I became slightly more convinced of something nefarious having happened, and then I became less sure of that. And I just see-saw back and forth. I don't feel terribly confident of any particular scenario that I can come up with. I do know what the professionals say: that the parents are lying about where he is. But I also know what the professionals are not saying, and that's telling, too.

So I just don't know. If the parents know where he is, they need to say. He needs to come home to the people who love him and be put to rest with respect. The legal system can sort the rest out as needed, but this has gone on long enough. Whatever happened cannot possibly be so bad that it is worth leaving that little boy up there on the mountain like this.

This may have already been said, but IF Deorr is still missing (which I don't believe) what good does this interview do? I can't imagine caring what people think about me if my child is MISSING. Call me what you want just keep looking for my child!!
Yeah, agreed!! I could care less what anyone thought of me, or damage control, my kid is gone. And that's all that matters.

You know what always bothered me (one of the many things)? Is that if the parents really, truly thought that DeOrr had been abducted, why didn't they shout that from the mountain tops? I'll leave this info here for further thought (are you still scratching your head?):

What are the criteria for issuing AMBER Alerts?

Each state AMBER Alert plan includes its own criteria for issuing AMBER Alerts. The PROTECT Act, passed in 2003, which established the role of AMBER Alert Coordinator within the Department of Justice, calls for the Department of Justice to issue minimum standards or guidelines for AMBER Alerts that states can adopt voluntarily. The Department's Guidance on Criteria for Issuing AMBER Alerts is as follows:

• There is reasonable belief by law enforcement that an abduction has occurred.
  • The law enforcement agency believes that the child is in imminent danger of serious bodily injury or death.
  • There is enough descriptive information about the victim and the abduction for law enforcement to issue an AMBER Alert to assist in the recovery of the child.
  • The abduction is of a child aged 17 years or younger.
  • The child’s name and other critical data elements, including the Child Abduction flag, have been entered into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) system.

Most states’ guidelines adhere closely to the Department of Justice's recommended guidelines.

Are AMBER Alerts issued for all missing children?

AMBER Alerts are issued for abducted children that meet the AMBER Alert criteria. AMBER Alert is only one tool that law enforcement can use to find abducted children. AMBER Alerts are used in the most serious cases that meet the AMBER criteria. Overuse of AMBER Alert could result in the public becoming desensitized to Alerts when they are issued.

What can I do if my child goes missing?

If your child goes missing you should immediately contact your local law enforcement agency. After you have reported your child missing to law enforcement, call the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children at 1-800-THE-LOST (1-800-843-5678). More information about available resources can be found at http://www.MissingKids.com/MissingChild.

What kind of piercing are you guys seeing? I'm not seeing one.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Under her lower lip, to the left.

ETA - it's a stud. In the latest sneak peek interview, it's difficult to see unless you are on full screen on a laptop. In the earlier sneak peek video you can clearly see it.

It sure did, and I've been thinking about that a lot, lately. It seemed to all come to a screeching halt when the Kunz's lawyer got involved. I have to wonder if that scared Nate a little bit. Remember he moved back to Idaho one year ago to start that news station. I doubt he has the money to fight a potential lawsuit should the Kunz family decide to sue HIM, too, for defamation. I bet that's why he is backing down. JMO...

Backing down or backing away? Either way, I think he's very wise if the clan is on the 'show me the money' trail. :thinking:

This may have already been said, but IF Deorr is still missing (which I don't believe) what good does this interview do? I can't imagine caring what people think about me if my child is MISSING. Call me what you want just keep looking for my child!!

Hey Gibbs....Not quite following when you say "IF DeOrr is still missing (which I don't believe)"........

You don't believe DeOrr is missing? Can you explain? Thanks!!

Under her lower lip, to the left.

ETA - it's a stud. In the latest sneak peek interview, it's difficult to see unless you are on full screen on a laptop. In the earlier sneak peek video you can clearly see it.
I can't see it. I was thinking it's probably cause I'm on my phone.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Is Chelsea's report at 10pm Mountain Time? Do you think there will be anything on the 9pm news? tia

Looks to me like the interview is taking place in their attorney's office.

And Jessica DOES look angry. I am curious to see if she'll manage any eye contact. Her lack of eye contact is very unsettling even to a casual observer like myself.

But doesn't she always looks angry?

Is this interview at 9 Central time? Does anyone know? TIA Nevermind, I just saw that it's at 10 Mountain time, I think. Is that right?

Hey Gibbs....Not quite following when you say "IF DeOrr is still missing (which I don't believe)"........

You don't believe DeOrr is missing? Can you explain? Thanks!!

Sorry- kind of knee jerk reaction to the announcement of an interview of his parents. I believe Deorr is dead unfortunately (Given what Klein has said specifically)...what I mean is if I had a missing child, clearing MY name is not a priority to me. Getting in front of the TV to beg for my child back is one of the only reasons I'd care to do an interview. If it serves no purpose to bring my son home, I don't have time for those distractions. But, your child has to be missing/abducted to think that way & I do not believe he is missing and I believe his parents know exactly what happened.

I would LOVE to be wrong & Deorr be happily playing somewhere right now enjoying life as a toddler.

Genuine question - does anyone else, having been 100% certain that JM & VDK are culpable, have occasional swings in thinking and have strong feelings that they might actually be innocent?

If not, I'll get my coat, but I am having strong swings between innocence & guilt and I don't know why as I was so sure from the beginning of their guilt :eek:fftobed:

Well I've read as least one decent theory here today that implicates just one of the two in an initial cover up situation...it's making me think.
But we still have a missing toddler and inconsistencies that warrant suspicion imo. But I wouldn't head for the door just yet if I were you.
In my first theory VDK is the only one that knows the truth and JM is coerced into the cover up.

Sorry- kind of knee jerk reaction to the announcement of an interview of his parents. I believe Deorr is dead unfortunately (Given what Klein has said specifically)...what I mean is if I had a missing child, clearing MY name is not a priority to me. Getting in front of the TV to beg for my child back is one of the only reasons I'd care to do an interview. If it serves no purpose to bring my son home, I don't have time for those distractions. But, your child has to be missing/abducted to think that way & I do not believe he is missing and I believe his parents know exactly what happened.

I would LOVE to be wrong & Deorr be happily playing somewhere right now enjoying life as a toddler.

I'm intrigued to see if they plead for someone to bring him home in this interview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to think there was a chance they were innocent until I heard they can't keep their stories straight about who made breakfast and other details of that nature. If there were only failed polygraphs I would still think they were possibly innocent, but there is no reason their stories would be so mixed up if they were innocent.

If one true story and one fabricated story were combined to tell a tale then that could explain much in the way of inconsistencies..just saying this in support of the recent theory from post #156

But the more we study it -- and I mean not just actual researchers but everyday people like us, too -- the more likely we are to spot the signs early and maybe, just maybe, help save kids.
moo

Nice post. In the early interviews of VDK I see all the signs of an explosive personality. He becomes agitated under stress and some of the interview questions served as triggers. When it begins he will start waving his hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member