ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - # 25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a link to watch the video live? Thank you!

I'm sorry for your loss.

I feel mostly confused about this case. At the very beginning, I was absolutely convinced there'd been a tragic accident and cover-up. Then, I became less sure. Gradually, I became slightly more convinced of something nefarious having happened, and then I became less sure of that. And I just see-saw back and forth. I don't feel terribly confident of any particular scenario that I can come up with. I do know what the professionals say: that the parents are lying about where he is. But I also know what the professionals are not saying, and that's telling, too.

So I just don't know. If the parents know where he is, they need to say. He needs to come home to the people who love him and be put to rest with respect. The legal system can sort the rest out as needed, but this has gone on long enough. Whatever happened cannot possibly be so bad that it is worth leaving that little boy up there on the mountain like this.

BBM

I keep wondering who exactly that will be. If the parents had a hand in his disappearance and have been lying this whole time, clearly they care more about themselves than this precious child. If their parents and families have been supporting them in their lies and obfuscation then they haven't put little DeOrr first either.

So far I don't see any love or respect for baby DeOrr from the people closest to him.

That makes me so sad.

Yes I agree with you they will have been studying and being coached by their attorney. That being said some "stuff" is hard to coach away. I would like to know how VDK normally talks, you know when he's not trying to cover up a missing toddler. LE and Klein would know because they would've chatted him up during the course of doing actual interviews. For "our" purposes the only side of VDK we've seen is a guy who can't say more than 5 words without stopping and editing himself and mixing pronouns all over the place. I also am interested to see if JM is going to speak a little bit more, who knows what treasures her speech might hold?

Allllll of this. Thanks just wasn't enough.

His incoherent babble made absolutely no sense at any time. He completely glossed over the part of his story that actually mattered--where they were and what they were doing when their son disappeared or how and when it exactly happened--yet, he went to unnecessary lengths to describe IN GREAT DETAIL the parts that didn't--why he left to call 911, the amazing efforts of the search and rescue team, the terrain and the types of equipment being used, the minnows in the CRICK, etc.

That, in and of itself, is a huge red flag that he's being deceptive. Most people spend very little time detailing the events leading up to, or following a crime, but focus on the timeframe when the crime actually took place.

Hell, at one point, he said they were about 50 yards... (at the same time his wife said 10...) and then said they were about 50 yards and ten minutes away.

In what world does it take someone 10 minutes to travel 50 yards?

What a strange interview, when asked if there was an accident "not that I know of" ... and "we left him in the care of a trusted adult". I don't even know what to make of that.

ETA: This makes it sound like they're blaming GGP, right?

I'm not sure they are stating JM and VDK are in this group. Personally based on the limited information we have about their family I would venture to guess they are not part of it. I think they were more stating that the group is casting a bad light on VDK and JM. Maybe I read it wrong?

I can understand the local culture playing into the crazy media drama but I'm not sure I can relate to how this affects JM and VDK withholding information about their missing child?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The grandpa, DVK, posted on a public page a while ago, something about how he was proud of being from an old, respectable Mormon family.

I watched the news portion of the interview just a minute ago and have to say the parents appear truthful and coherent

I think after news the whole interview will be broadcast.

What a strange interview, when asked if there was an accident "not that I know of" ... and "we left him in the care of a trusted adult". I don't even know what to make of that.

..and then VDK says" at least not to my knowledge"..throws it right into JM's lap..imo

Watching the interview I am now convinced even more than I already was that these two are lying through their teeth. Just THINKING about if my 4 year old daughter was missing for 8 minutes (let alone 8 months), tears me up. There is no way on earth these parents believe that Deorr is simply missing if they can hear the questions Chelsea asked them, & answer the way they did with such a huge lack of genuine emotion.

I have so many more thoughts after this interview, but I am
so mad I will refrain from posting them because I do not want to get a TO!

One comment I will make is when they answered the question about if they thought being named suspects/what Klein said stopped people from continuing to search for Deorr, with variations of 'yes'--I really wanted to jump through the screen and ask them, "But what is YOUR excuse? What has stopped the two of YOU from searching day in and day out for YOUR SON?"

all MOO

VDK is still in self preservation CYOA Mode...nothings changed.

ETA: This makes it sound like they're blaming GGP, right?

BBM

WHOA...way to throw people under the bus!

What bothers me is they still are not pleading for the return of their son, they really are not looking for him. In spite of their words, they seem to be resigned that he's gone. This case is mind boggling.

Well, if the focus wasn't on the parents, maybe Deorr could be found. That's what I got from the parents' interview.

And... because the public has been told that he is deceased, no one is looking for him anymore and that's why he hasn't been found. Someone could have walked by him at a store but no one was looking anymore...

What are they doing to propel the search? Vernal seems to imply that he believes his son is alive. Yet, they haven't given an interview pleading for his return in how long?
What publicity are they creating to keep the search moving forward, because I haven't seen any of the friends, family, etc. doing any public campaign to actually find this child in a long time. The only thing they seem active about is defending VDK and JM's innocence.
Even on this interview, did they ever face the camera and plead for people to continue looking? Give out contact info in case someone sees him? Really, anything you'd say if you believe your child may be out there alive?

..and then VDK says" at least not to my knowledge"..throws it right into JM's lap..imo

Best wishes but I saw it as an honest answer from himself .... I dont think he was deflecting to anyone else .... keep in mind he still considers a possible abduction , so that is why "somebody out there" may have some knowledge ..... anyway .... hope they show the whole interview at 10:30 .... I may change my mind

Best wishes but I saw it as an honest answer from himself .... I dont think he was deflecting to anyone else .... keep in mind he still considers a possible abduction , so that is why "somebody out there" may have some knowledge ..... anyway .... hope they show the whole interview at 10:30 .... I may change my mind

Respectfully...that was not VDK speaking it was his attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member