ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - # 25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO, you want the public to find you relatable, you don't get a facial piercing.

IMHO, you want the public to find you relatable, you don't get a facial piercing.

I had to LOL on this one. I think at the very least you don't want to look like you're out and about doing random fun things. Who thinks to get a piercing in these circumstances? It's weird. JMO.

I don't think it's a negative thing that her son cheered her up when she was depressed. I have severe depression, especially in the winter and my 4 year old has cheered me up when I'm having a bad day. He'll come in and jump on me and say "hey mama! Turn that frown upside down!" And I laugh every time and we tickle and giggle and I feel better and pull myself together. All mothers have moments of feeling irritated or depressed, so its not fair to hold those basic human emotions against a person. Painting a picture of an angry home life based on thay statement is just us speculating. She may have simply been trying to describe what a loving boy he was, how empathetic, even at a young age and honestly, since she is distressed (even for selfish reasons) she may miss those moments of having someone loving her unconditionally. On national TV, she had to say *something* nice about her son and his attention to her is probably what she misses the most. Selfish, cold people still want to feel love and I'm certain that baby Deorr worshipped her, as babies do to thier mothers. She sure hasn't been feeling the love lately!

I didn't mention anything about an "angry" home life. It just made me sad to hear that it was her two year old's role to cheer up his adult mom when she was depressed and irritated. (Her descriptors.)

And that she brought it up as the example to describe him, it makes it seem that it might not have been an uncommon situation.

I won't touch judging people with mental health issues (I don't think there are many people who haven't either struggled with depression themselves or been affected by a family member that has.) But it didn't sit well, with me, that her example of DeOrr was about how he helped her bad mood. Being around a despondent parent is sad. To me. IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not friends with any of them on FB or any other SM. What I saw was public.

I agree they could've adjusted their settings, but why? Why post a recipe for the public but not acknowledge the anniversary? She knew people were watching her. To me, that makes more sense if you know he's dead or she/they had something to do with his disappearance.

MOO.

Maybe because she knows everyone reading her posts is searching for anything to nail her. Maybe because what she felt on the six month anniversary of DeOrr's disappearance wasn't for all the judges, juries, and executioners on SM. We don't know if she posted and if she did what she posted. All it means is we don't know, nothing more, nothing less.

Hmm. I hear you but I saw info regarding searches, forwards about shaken baby syndrome, outfits, recipes, on and on. Hard to believe you would limit views on podts about your son, especially if you are really trying to be perceived as innocent. IMO there were no emotional posts because she isn't emotional about it. She already knows what happened. Allllll MOO.

ETA: I saw all of those public posts right before she deleted her acct. I'm pretty certain she was already aware of all the groups dedicated to screen shots, etc.
Right. Those are things that she is sharing. Those are things that usally show up because of how the privacy settings work where an actual status update from a person wouldnt.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Right. Those are things that she is sharing. Those are things that usally show up because of how the privacy settings work where an actual status update from a person wouldnt.

I respectfully disagree. My FB settings never allow any of my posts to be seen. Forwards or status updates. i don't believe there is a FB setting that distinguishes these categories but I could certainly be wrong. AFAIK, the user determines what is seen.

So no, we don't know what may have been posted privately but gosh, wouldn't you want info about your missing son to be public and maybe outfits and recipes to only be seen by your FB friends? I just don't buy it. JMO.

I respectfully disagree. My FB settings never allow any of my posts to be seen. Forwards or status updates. i don't believe there is a FB setting that distinguishes these categories but I could certainly be wrong. AFAIK, the user determines what is seen.

So no, we don't know what may have been posted privately but gosh, wouldn't you want info about your missing son to be public and maybe outfits and recipes to only be seen by your FB friends? I just don't buy it. JMO.
There is a privacy setting for each. I know this because I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to make everything I post privet. I was getting frustrated because I finally got all my pictures privet amd my status. But still my shared post and profile pictures where still public. It turns out for each of those post you have to individually change the privacy.
And that is because shared post are usually from public pages like the shaking baby page was public. Profile pictures are also public.

I didn't mention anything about an "angry" home life. It just made me sad to hear that it was her two year old's role to cheer up his adult mom when she was depressed and irritated. (Her descriptors.)

And that she brought it up as the example to describe him, it makes it seem that it might not have been an uncommon situation.

I won't touch judging people with mental health issues (I don't think there are many people who haven't either struggled with depression themselves or been affected by a family member that has.) But it didn't sit well, with me, that her example of DeOrr was about how he helped her bad mood. Being around a despondent parent is sad. To me. IMO.

I didn't see her comment as it was his "role" to cheer her up, just a comment that this is something he would do.

If my kid was missing, getting the word out would be more important to me than people taking screenshots and "picking them apart". Refusing to make public posts about your missing kid in case people say mean things about it shows disturbingly twisted priorities, imo.

And I think she and Vernal are well aware of how privacy settings work.

I don't think it's a negative thing that her son cheered her up when she was depressed. I have severe depression, especially in the winter and my 4 year old has cheered me up when I'm having a bad day. He'll come in and jump on me and say "hey mama! Turn that frown upside down!" And I laugh every time and we tickle and giggle and I feel better and pull myself together. All mothers have moments of feeling irritated or depressed, so its not fair to hold those basic human emotions against a person. Painting a picture of an angry home life based on thay statement is just us speculating. She may have simply been trying to describe what a loving boy he was, how empathetic, even at a young age and honestly, since she is distressed (even for selfish reasons) she may miss those moments of having someone loving her unconditionally. On national TV, she had to say *something* nice about her son and his attention to her is probably what she misses the most. Selfish, cold people still want to feel love and I'm certain that baby Deorr worshipped her, as babies do to thier mothers. She sure hasn't been feeling the love lately!

Sorry, just wanted add one important thing I left out. Of course, no mom is always a ball of fun. And I have had my moments of faking a smile with my little guy while going through a family crisis. I would never hold it against a person to have normal emotions.

However, I look at everything about JM through the lens that LE has established for us: that she knows where her son is right now and has been lying about what happened to him since day one.

Based on that, IMO, we are not dealing with a mother who is normal and has normal emotions. I guess I can't help but keep that in mind. A lot of what the suspect says is, well, suspect. (No surprise there!)

I tend to agree. IMO, there are 2 things that could have taken place. I don't think (or can't fathom) that these 2 fairly simple country-ish people would be part of a pedophile ring or would have premeditated his murder, especially given the apparently loving, extended family they both have. It seems both sides of grandparents were in his life and attached to him, imo, although I guess I could be wrong. I say this because of Deorr Kunz Sr. (Vernal's father) describing his close relationship with baby Deorr, and TBC's genuine looking grief.

So, I think there was an accidental (as in being run over, being shot, drowning from lack of being watched, etc.) death due to neglect or irresponsibility and these 2 are SO concerned with what others would think that they thought it better to cover it up than face the music about their lack of parenting/supervision skills. I say this because of the emphasis they have put on SM rumors, threats, etc. rather than expressing more grief, working to get their son's name out there, etc.

It seems completely ridiculous, however they seem young to me and her lack of parental involvement with her other 2 kids is off to me. I am a mother of 2 girls and I CANNOT IMAGINE leaving my 2 children with their father and having no custody. CANNOT IMAGINE IN MY WILDEST DREAMS. And I am not a perfect mother, but I love my kids WITH EVERY BONE IN MY BODY. JM does not strike me as that way, at all. She is cold, period. I did see tears in her eyes at one point, however the bending over pressing a tissue to her eyes with no visible tears coming out was not believable to me, at all. I realize everyone reacts differently to things, and I myself can cry easily and would be HYSTERICAL in her shoes, but it still seems off.

OK, sorry to go off on a tangent.

#2 Something was done to him that was so heinous that it HAD to be covered up. Was he actually seen at the campground on Friday by IR? Or was he just seen at some point on the trip? Could something have happened at the Silver Dollar and that's why that stop wasn't released until recently? Although if the timeline starts at 8 am, I guess that would eliminate the stop at the SD being a part of this. So back to #2. What could have been done to him? I'm not sure, but I only see these 2 scenarios as a possibility. In any event, they are suspects and I believe they are covering something up. LE has stated over and over and Klein as well, that there is zero evidence that points to an abduction and that these 2 know what happened and where he is.

So, were they so self centered that they callously threw their dead son away to avoid judgement for their lack of parenting skills/neglect/supervision, or did they cover up something incredibly heinous? Remember, child abusers and molesters don't fare too well in prison. Even criminals have a "code of ethics". I think the amount of concern for themselves throughout this whole ordeal has overshadowed their concern for their son.

All of this is JMO.

Thanks, Hippie Heart.

I believe that in the heat of the moment, they thought that they would get in trouble, and that people would judge them, and talk about them and their families in a negative way. (I think that backfired).

I think that whatever happened really did happen while GGP was minding him. I think that VDK gave the "okay" to leave Deorr with GGP, and I think that JM second-guessed his decision, but ultimately went along with it. When they came back and made the discovery, she was probably seething. I think VDK's main motivation for the coverup was to protect GGP, and I think that he convinced JM to go along with the abduction story by telling her that Deorr's death may affect her access to her other children (assuming that she is non custodial, but still has access to her other kids). I fully believe that VDK has been the puppet-master all along,
even to the point of telling LE that GGP is confused and unwell, and therefore his statements would be unreliable. MOO

I think that they maintained their story to everyone, including their parents and friends. It probably seemed like the right decision when it first happened, because the story was feasible, and people were so supportive and kind. Now, there is definitely resentment brewing, nothing will ever be the same, and everyone looks at them with judgement.

The problem with telling a lie like this, is that it gets so big, so fast, and none of it can be undone. It's like squeezing out an entire tube of toothpaste, regretting it, and then trying to out it all back in.

Also, I think that the reason that they had old diapers in the truck was perhaps to justify a terrible smell being present. My money is still on hot car death - windows rolled up to keep the mosquitos out, GGP got busy with something and did not know how much time had elapsed. I think he forgot to check, and JM and VDK made the discovery themselves.

ALL MOO. IMHO

IMO. I think there is a big difference between what JM's words present and the above scenario. My own mother was certifiable when I was a child. It wasn't her having a bad day now and again, it was daily on-going rarely and barely suppressed rage. I didn't realize until much later in my life that until I no longer lived with her that I had never learned how to experience my own emotions. All of my emotions were based on an anticipation and/or a reaction to hers.

Was she going to be in a bad mood? (Yes 95% of the time). If so, how bad was it going to be? (Ranged from thoroughly b*y to psychotic). If it was bad, would I be able to
get her out of it? Make her smile? Break the bad mood? (Almost never).

What I'm saying is it's normal for kids to want their parents to be happy. It's an entirely different thing for a child to be or feel responsible for a parent's happiness.

My mother never physically hit me but I often expected it and let's just say had I "disappeared" I don't think it would have been a huge shock.

Sorry for the psycho therapy. Just my two cents.

For the other theory about giving the boy away. That one did have some possibles like mentioned already. Lack of emotion and other things.
But I think I am going to throw that one away because of 2 main reasons.
1-Someone else would have to be willing to commit illegal adoption and go along with this plan. I don't think anyone would be willing to do it.
2-If someone really wanted the boy then they could have pursued a legal adoption instead of this huge public ruse.
Not everyone has the option to adopt legally (arrest records, mental illness, etc.) But, with the wide-spread concern of this child, if he was illegally adopted out, he would have to be in a remote and far away location. I would assume, too, he'd be disguised.

But, I don't think there's a probability that this is what happened, either.

If my kid was missing, getting the word out would be more important to me than people taking screenshots and "picking them apart". Refusing to make public posts about your missing kid in case people say mean things about it shows disturbingly twisted priorities, imo.

And I think she and Vernal are well aware of how privacy settings work.

What is twisted and disturbing is that there is a missing two year old and yet the topic is about JM fb status. That within it self is twisted.

Speaking of priorities.....if my son was missing and a whole group was dedicated to posting screen shots of my status updates I'd be upset that the topic was me and not my son so I'd make them private so the topic stayed on my missing child. You act as if this wasn't on Nancy Grace or that Nate wasn't getting his face out.

But of course that's just imo [emoji3]

Thanks, Hippie Heart.

I believe that in the heat of the moment, they thought that they would get in trouble, and that people would judge them, and talk about them and their families in a negative way. (I think that backfired).

I think that whatever happened really did happen while GGP was minding him. I think that VDK gave the "okay" to leave Deorr with GGP, and I think that JM second-guessed his decision, but ultimately went along with it. When they came back and made the discovery, she was probably seething. I think VDK's main motivation for the coverup was to protect GGP, and I think that he convinced JM to go along with the abduction story by telling her that Deorr's death may affect her access to her other children (assuming that she is non custodial, but still has access to her other kids). I fully believe that VDK has been the puppet-master all along,
even to the point of telling LE that GGP is confused and unwell, and therefore his statements would be unreliable. MOO

I think that they maintained their story to everyone, including their parents and friends. It probably seemed like the right decision when it first happened, because the story was feasible, and people were so supportive and kind. Now, there is definitely resentment brewing, nothing will ever be the same, and everyone looks at them with judgement.

The problem with telling a lie like this, is that it gets so big, so fast, and none of it can be undone. It's like squeezing out an entire tube of toothpaste, regretting it, and then trying to out it all back in.

Also, I think that the reason that they had old diapers in the truck was perhaps to justify a terrible smell being present. My money is still on hot car death - windows rolled up to keep the mosquitos out, GGP got busy with something and did not know how much time had elapsed. I think he forgot to check, and JM and VDK made the discovery themselves.

ALL MOO. IMHO

I think the "we left him with great grandpa while we went exploring/fishing/hiking" story is made up (or a "myth" as Klein has stated). I think something happened to DeOrr much earlier in the day, maybe even in the middle of the night. I think the whole day Friday from probably 8:00 am forward was spent covering-up (and that's why their stories never match - it's all made up because in reality they were doing something else). I really don't feel that VDK or JM would cover for GGPA either. They're both way too selfish to risk being punished for something that GGPA did (covering up a death and lying to officials for 8 months is a crime). I'm also not so sure that JM would be all that torn up over not seeing her other children because it sounds like she was okay with allowing her ex to have full custody for the past few years. All JMO... I do think that whatever happened was accidental, but if DeOrr was harmed and medical attention was denied, that sort of moves into the territory of intentional (if they knew he would die without medical care). MOO.

There is a privacy setting for each. I know this because I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to make everything I post privet. I was getting frustrated because I finally got all my pictures privet amd my status. But still my shared post and profile pictures where still public. It turns out for each of those post you have to individually change the privacy.
And that is because shared post are usually from public pages like the shaking baby page was public. Profile pictures are also public.

Got it, thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members