ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - # 25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
desert-blue, I know you have been concerned since the beginning that LE made mistakes at the beginning of the case that may have prevented them from solving the case. And I think that is possible, because their laser focus was on trying to find a living child, and they had to put all of their time and thought into doing that. JMO.
But I hope I can reassure you a bit. As a lifelong Idahoan that doesn't go a week without grinding my teeth in frustration about something my state has done, or not done, I can tell you that I have total confidence in the LE, search and rescue, and other entities that are handling this case. That's a somewhat unusual position for me to be in, but I do know this state very, very well.
I concede the possibility that there may have been a few missteps by LE in the beginning. But, IMO, that's the suspects fault for lying in the first place. JMO
So, for what it's worth, if the campground wasn't secured at first, I think LE has more than made up for it with outstanding work. I believe they will bring little Deorr home and find justice for him.
JMO

Eaton is NOT an investigative reporter. That's not his claim to fame. He is a local guy just reporting local happenings.

Then Missing DeOrr comes along and he's thrust into the public eye.

This jobs too big for both Eaton and SB. Sorry it is.

They assembled and drove up to that campsite thinking they were looking for a little missing child.

They were, in truth, opening the biggest can of worms they could ever imagine.

So here we are.

BTW I am still confused about these stops Thursday night and Friday Morning. Does anybody happen to know of a good map showing routes and places they stopped those two times. I'm all turned around.

I thought they came up one way and spent the night then went into town the other way.

Thanks for any help or a link to a decent map showing where they were, went.

I do like Nate and if it wasn't for him we would likely not know a lot of what we do about this case, but some of his reporting has left me scratching my head. Especially when he went and ambushed IR at his home paparazzi style. I remember thinking, "You've got to be kidding me! What kind of reporting is that?" Not to mention his less than stellar 13 minutes "interview" with JM and VDK at the beginning of the case where, I believe, he totally dropped the ball in asking ANY crucial questions of this pair.

It might be of some interest to know that, according to Nate's LinkedIn profile, he "moved to Idaho Falls in March 2015 to launch EastIdahoNews.com" after being in Virginia for 6 years. So, in MOO, his motive for reporting on this story in the frenzied, almost tabloid-like manner at times isn't pure. I believe he's highly motivated in building his brand and getting FB/website hits since DeOrr's story broke a short 4 months after he had moved to Idaho Falls to start this new company. Just a thought.

Nate's LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nate-eaton-77ba0b2a

Oh, H Y it is! Human trafficking is REAL and scary.

IMO, People will do any thing for money and sickos will pay to play. I feel like a scenario similar to this would keep all POIs quiet and lying for a long time.

JMO and I sure hope I am wrong.

Ahhh, thank you. Finally someone who doesn't think my theory is totally and completely coming out of left field!

It was entirely left out, never mentioned, completely "secret" for the first six months by the parents and LE alike. Klein is the one that let it out during one of this Q and A sessions. Up until then, LE stated the only stops the family made were to get diesel on the way up from IF on Thursday and the trip to the Stage Stop on Friday.

Did he mention the Silver Dollar by name?

desert-blue, I know you have been concerned since the beginning that LE made mistakes at the beginning of the case that may have prevented them from solving the case. And I think that is possible, because their laser focus was on trying to find a living child, and they had to put all of their time and thought into doing that. JMO.
But I hope I can reassure you a bit. As a lifelong Idahoan that doesn't go a week without grinding my teeth in frustration about something my state has done, or not done, I can tell you that I have total confidence in the LE, search and rescue, and other entities that are handling this case. That's a somewhat unusual position for me to be in, but I do know this state very, very well.
I concede the possibility that there may have been a few missteps by LE in the beginning. But, IMO, that's the suspects fault for lying in the first place. JMO
So, for what it's worth, if the campground wasn't secured at first, I think LE has more than made up for it with outstanding work. I believe they will bring little Deorr home and find justice for him.
JMO

Thank you - that's reassuring to hear. I am also a lifelong Idahoan (in fact, my ancestors settled the first town in Idaho, so we've been here a looooong time!). I only worry because it's a small town and I think the POI's have been very deceptive. SB has been around a long time, though, and I have faith in him. It's not his first case. Hindsight is always 20/20, so I really don't want to criticize. This case is just so bizarre, though. And the fact that it's dragged on for eight months... SB must have a lot of patience. I am hopeful that LE/FBI is building a strong case. I think they must have a great deal of evidence. It's discouraging, though, when SB says he has no clue what happened... hopefully he's just being sly. I appreciate your thoughts on the case. I'll try to be less skeptical! lol. I just want justice for baby DeOrr. Sometimes I get pretty disgusted with this case - it's really not LE's fault, though. Talk about a wild goose chase.

As far as I know , he's still a POI. I don't think his "childlike" answers make him appear innocent and sweet. He's kind of creepy to me and I wouldn't want him around my children. This is only my VHO.
Again, I do know I'm in minority on this thread. I hate to post here because so many keep pointing out things about parents from SM etc. I just don't see it this way. I strongly believe when the time comes, it will point in another direction or a much less devious one. But this guy IR? I can't watch him and feel warm and fuzzy.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

ITA. I think he has more street smarts than many are giving him credit for.

:cow:

Did he mention the Silver Dollar by name?

Yes. The question was something like did any of the POI's go to the Silver Dollar Thursday night and he answered yes. It's unclear whether all or just one or two of them went, though, and he wouldn't say if DeOrr was there.

It was entirely left out, never mentioned, completely "secret" for the first six months by the parents and LE alike. Klein is the one that let it out during one of this Q and A sessions. Up until then, LE stated the only stops the family made were to get diesel on the way up from IF on Thursday and the trip to the Stage Stop on Friday.

I find it odd that was never mentioned until recently. I remember and maybe someone remembers a specific interview which I believe SB said that the families of Leadore were afraid to come forward. Does anyone else remember this? Something I was just thinking about this anyone else know what I'm thinking of?

Yes mountain lion attack is certainly higher on my list than Big Foot(s). For a minute it seemed like a decent theory, ah the good old days when I was just a simple lurker. I think it's safe to say 90% of the posters in this thread have the parents occupying the top 10 spots on "the list".

To Beezneez, Eaton has gained lots of exposure because of this case. I can't blame the local media types for trying to run with the hot story. Yes this is a tragedy but that is like 50% of what reporters deal with. He and some others close to the case certainly might have a decent selling book in their future, but that's about as far as I see them getting.

I was kidding. I don't believe that this is the case.

I was kidding. I don't believe that this is the case.

I know obviously I was kidding about Big Foot also. In the hierarchy of unlikely events mountain lion is more viable, and there was a time it was at least plausible.

I think at this moment all we can do is hope DeOrr is found in a few weeks once everything has thawed out.
Can anyone explain to me what will be different about this upcoming search after the thaw from all the searching that was done last summer and fall? Did Klein explain that and I missed it? And is the ground thaw related to the "equipment" a dog hit on? I'm confused.

Can anyone explain to me what will be different about this upcoming search after the thaw from all the searching that was done last summer and fall? Did Klein explain that and I missed it? And is the ground thaw related to the "equipment" a dog hit on? I'm confused.

I think they may have new ideas about where to search based on phone pings and "new witness" testimony? Maybe?

I know obviously I was kidding about Big Foot also. In the hierarchy of unlikely events mountain lion is more viable, and there was a time it was at least plausible.

lol, I was being facetious, too. But I think for a while there, we were pretty much stuck with Big Foot, alien abduction and magical mountain lions being the only viable options. Even today, I think a wildlife attack is a viable option, but it's a slim one if only because there should have been at least some evidence of such. And I have faith that the searchers were good at what they do and should and would have found it. Now that we know the parents have shown extensive evidence of deceit, I have to conclude that unless they're covering for some animal or other, they most likely have a hand in whatever happened.

Thank you - that's reassuring to hear. I am also a lifelong Idahoan (in fact, my ancestors settled the first town in Idaho, so we've been here a looooong time!). I only worry because it's a small town and I think the POI's have been very deceptive. SB has been around a long time, though, and I have faith in him. It's not his first case. Hindsight is always 20/20, so I really don't want to criticize. This case is just so bizarre, though. And the fact that it's dragged on for eight months... SB must have a lot of patience. I am hopeful that LE/FBI is building a strong case. I think they must have a great deal of evidence. It's discouraging, though, when SB says he has no clue what happened... hopefully he's just being sly. I appreciate your thoughts on the case. I'll try to be less skeptical! lol. I just want justice for baby DeOrr. Sometimes I get pretty disgusted with this case - it's really not LE's fault, though. Talk about a wild goose chase.

You get the "Idaho" prize then, I'm only 2nd generation! :happydance: And I had to look up what the first town was! :blushing: I was thinking it was St. Maries because of the Caltaldo Mission, but I guess that was just the first building. :thinking: Looks like I need to brush up on my Idaho history!

You can be as sceptical as you want to be, it's all good! :loveyou:

You get the "Idaho" prize then, I'm only 2nd generation! :happydance: And I had to look up what the first town was! :blushing: I was thinking it was St. Maries because of the Caltaldo Mission, but I guess that was just the first building. :thinking: Looks like I need to brush up on my Idaho history!

You can be as sceptical as you want to be, it's all good! :loveyou:

OT, but I have a fourth grader right now, so we're fully immersed in Idaho history at the moment... (Franklin is the town, BTW). :)

I think they may have new ideas about where to search based on phone pings and "new witness" testimony? Maybe?

I agree and am hoping this is the case.

The other thing that has changed this time around is LE is coming at it from a totally different angle. The early searches were most likely focused with the theory that the boy could have walked off or an animal took the boy and dragged him away. So the searching would have focused on spots where an animal could wander away.

But this time around I think LE is going to assume a vehicle could have been used to transmit the boy's body. So I think their searching will include places farther away that a vehicle could reach.

I would not be surprised if LE has different groups searching in different areas and some groups may be much further away than the campground area than we think.

It may be time to get out the Google maps and think like a criminal and put some Xs on the map.

If you had a very limited time to hide the boy and your starting point was the campground then where would you drive to ?

Your time limit would be limited to a store run into town. It could be more time if you got up earlier than everyone else and managed to leave the campground while everyone was sleeping.

Would you stay within 5 miles? 10 miles? Even further?

JMO

Well now that's about the most encouraging statement I have heard in a long time. I pray you are correct.

I do have a bit of optimism for this coming Spring.

I hope cellphone records have turned up something and witnesses have come forward with useful information.

I'm not 'setting my cap' on it but I am hopeful.

I'm not sure if this has been brought up here in the past or not so I thought I would share. SB responded to a question about IR on the Lemhi FB page on 1/28.

Question:
I have heard that there was a mistake on Isaac Reinwand's police records and he was never charged with a certain crime at all. Could you please confirm publically if this is true, because a lot of people have made wild speculations about his involvement in the DeOrr Kunz disappearance and have judged Mr. Reinwand very harshly due to this past charge.

SB's response:
Lemhi County Sheriff's Office You see certain things on his rap sheet, however, I have not been able to confirm they are true. Not sure what is going on here. Where it shows he was arrested, I read, in the report, where he was a witness. Very confusing, in the least......Sheriff Bowerman

https://www.facebook.com/LemhiCountySheriffsOffice/?ref=ts&fref=ts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree and am hoping this is the case.

The other thing that has changed this time around is LE is coming at it from a totally different angle. The early searches were most likely focused with the theory that the boy could have walked off or an animal took the boy and dragged him away. So the searching would have focused on spots where an animal could wander away.

But this time around I think LE is going to assume a vehicle could have been used to transmit the boy's body. So I think their searching will include places farther away that a vehicle could reach.

I would not be surprised if LE has different groups searching in different areas and some groups may be much further away than the campground area than we think.

It may be time to get out the Google maps and think like a criminal and put some Xs on the map.

If you had a very limited time to hide the boy and your starting point was the campground then where would you drive to ?

Your time limit would be limited to a store run into town. It could be more time if you got up earlier than everyone else and managed to leave the campground while everyone was sleeping.

Would you stay within 5 miles? 10 miles? Even further?

I would think that they would stay on the back roads and not get on the highway (for fear of being seen and/or being caught on a webcam or surveillance cam, etc.). Since they knew they had to visit the store to get a receipt, I think they would head out of the campground towards town, and then take a side road somewhere. I would think they would go at least 3 to 5 miles, but probably not 10, since the road conditions probably weren't all that great (slow going). I would think they might head towards more forested areas rather than the open sagebrush. JMO. I'm going to go look at some maps/imagery.

I'm not sure if this has been brought up here in the past or not so I thought I would share. SB responded to a question about IR on the Lemhi FB page on 1/28.

Question:
I have heard that there was a mistake on Isaac Reinwand's police records and he was never charged with a certain crime at all. Could you please confirm publically if this is true, because a lot of people have made wild speculations about his involvement in the DeOrr Kunz disappearance and have judged Mr. Reinwand very harshly due to this past charge.

SB's response:
Lemhi County Sheriff's Office You see certain things on his rap sheet, however, I have not been able to confirm they are true. Not sure what is going on here. Where it shows he was arrested, I read, in the report, where he was a witness. Very confusing, in the least......Sheriff Bowerman

https://www.facebook.com/LemhiCountySheriffsOffice/posts_to_page/

Well, that certainly cleared things right up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298