ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But isn't it valid to doubt someone's belief if they don't follow up on it with some kind of action?

If I say, I believe I can get a really well paying job if I go to Company X tomorrow and apply there, and then I spend the next week in front of my TV instead, wouldn't you doubt that I really want this job?

Not saying the parents spend their time in front of the TV, this is just an example.

I think it's valid to assume they don't believe in an abduction anymore - for whatever reasons. It does not mean they necessarily believe he died at the campsite. Plus, the emphasis is on 'assume'. I wouldn't go as far as saying it is fact or sure.

jmo

Yes. And you know, there have been zero signs of an abduction and in fact it appears there are facts that point away from one. We have not heard any vehicle was spotted or heard nearby, they were at what appears to be an isolated campground and we've heard of no car tracks.

But an abduction would be the best hope the parents have that their baby is still alive. Hence, their statements about the possibility and their half-hearted attempts to do things that could aid in finding him if he has been taken. But I'm sure deep down they know he's not been abducted.

It's actually quite tragic that their best hope is an abduction.

In any event, these poor people are reportedly very distraught, unable to eat or sleep, mama clutching in to her baby's blankie. May God help them.

I will post the same thing again, That RETIRED investigator is not involved in this case. It is his opinion:

Latham said some theories investigators may be considering include Deorr walking away on his own, the possibility of him being abducted, the idea that he was never at the campsite in the first place or that a wild animal was involved in his disappearance.

From link above ^^

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/0...on-deorr-kunz-this-will-come-to-a-resolution/
Mr. Latham clearly states in this interview that it is a possibility they are considering.

One more time. No, he did not clearly state this is a theory being considered in this case. He stated, "some theories investigators may be considering include Deorr walking away on his own, the possibility of him being abducted, the idea that he was never at the campsite in the first place or that a wild animal was involved in his disappearance."

Emphasis by me.

Mr. Latham is a retired detective who is not involved in this case, not working it and has no inside information.

Repeatedly posting info about what this man speculates is
misleading. Period.

Because he is retired he is no longer reliable or is it that I cannot quote a news article from someone not currently involved in the case? I know facebook and other social media is out.

The question about why the witness has not been named is actually a valid one. For the media not to have picked it up tells me maybe LE has asked the witness be kept out of the limelight for now. There are many reasons. If the witness turns into a State witness at some point, they may be keeping he/she under wraps. If the witness could be a possible suspect in the disappearance, LE could be wanting to vet information they have before making it public. If the witness has been cleared (due to whatever it could be to determine witness could not have left with the child etc), there would be no reason to bring them into the situation. Whatever the reason, LE doesn't seem to want it out and it is curious. Not often does an eyewitness go unnoticed for this long.

Thank you for this post. It brings light to a dark situation.

Because he is retired he is no longer reliable or is it that I cannot quote a news article from someone not currently involved in the case? I know facebook and other social media is out.

You misquoted him and are framing it as if he has inside info. He is not working in this case.

It's been sixteen days now and after following this from day one I have come to the conclusion that nobody has a clue what happened to DeOrr.

We only know he is missing. Nothing more and nothing less.

Interesting enough that with all of the money and manpower spent at the campsite not one shred of evidence has surfaced to support drowning, animal attack, or abduction. Just as WS can get sent down a rabbit hole I would hope that LE would not. ALL theories need to be investigated. Unfortunately, we have all been witness to cases where what appeared to be true in the beginning ended much differently. I am not sluething or saying that his not being at the campsite is true but it is certainly a theory that should be entertained as possible.

Well, we need to be factual. They never said that. I am pretty sure it is perhaps a theory that they might be exploring/investigating but they never said that.

No. The sheriff did not say that. No. Instead, a retired sheriff not working the case speculated as to what theories would likely be investigated in a case such as this. Obviously, guys, the parents would be looked at first. The actual statements of the actual LE working this case, in relation to the parents, and the actual actions of the LE who are really working this case show it is clear they believe Deorr was there.

ETA: I was responding to an edit of yours that you've now removed. But I think the balance of my post is worth stating.

Interesting enough that with all of the money and manpower spent at the campsite not one shred of evidence has surfaced to support drowning, animal attack, or abduction. Just as WS can get sent down a rabbit hole I would hope that LE would not. ALL theories need to be investigated. Unfortunately, we have all been witness to cases where what appeared to be true in the beginning ended much differently. I am not sluething or saying that his not being at the campsite is true but it is certainly a theory that should be entertained as possible.

The sheriff stated they are NOT ruling out anything including foul play.

Well, go ahead and entertain it then. Nobody here is stopping you. WE can't talk about it here because it suggests that the parents are lying and we have been told a million times to stop talking about the parents.

Just FYI, the retired investigator suggested every theory under the sun. Of course LE 'may' be entertaining them all. They should be, it's their job.

I would assume " foul play " means a possibility that the story as presented may be untrue? I have never seen an abduction of a child kept so quiet. It seems that you would want to shout it from the rooftops and get the info out. The silence seems counterintuitive.

It's been sixteen days now and after following this from day one I have come to the conclusion that nobody has a clue what happened to DeOrr.

We only know he is missing. Nothing more and nothing less.

And isn't it tragic that in 2015, people, including innocent little 2 year old babies, can still vanish without a trace? Tragic, frustrating, and hard to comprehend. But it seems to be what has happened. Hard to wrap my head around. And much harder for those who loved him, obviously!

You can quote him but not misquote him. He never said they are considering that Deorr was never at the campsite, he said they may be considering. Don't you see the difference?

I did not say one word about the parents. I have said that ALL theories should be entertained. how or who led to child's disappearance is secondary to finding the child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member