ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not say one word about the parents. I have said that ALL theories should be entertained. how or who led to child's disappearance is secondary to finding the child.

Seriously now. To say that DeOrr was never at the campsite would be saying the parents are lying/involved. I don't know how you can't see that.

How about entertaining some of the other possibilities that the retired LE suggested? Have you ruled them all out?

Sometimes it seems like the "forbidden fruit" syndrome is going on here. :giggle:

:modstop:

The retired Fish & Wildlife investigator has no official say or capacity whatsoever in Deorr's case and this has already been discussed at length and fully clarified.

Move on please.

:tyou:

And isn't it tragic that in 2015, people, including innocent little 2 year old babies, can still vanish without a trace? Tragic, frustrating, and hard to comprehend. But it seems to be what has happened. Hard to wrap my head around. And much harder for those who loved him, obviously!

I look forward to the day when those satellites in the sky that show my home to the world can also show what happens when children disappear.

It might sound like 'pie in the sky' but if we can send a man to the moon we can certainly watch over our children.

I know all about people and their rights to privacy but I will give up mine to find one missing child and what happened to them.

Reposting

Good morning.

The thread will be closed for 10-15 minutes so I can clean up the gossip.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Apparently, my communication skills are lacking because, despite the numerous warnings and explanations of the rules, I continue to read posts which say words to the effect of:

"I read on such-and-such social media page that blah, blah, blah. Sorry, I can't post the link because I don't want to break the rules".

"Facts" must be supported by links. Therefore, if you cannot link it, you cannot post it.

If a website, blog, or social media page, etc. is off limits, then everything posted on that particular site is also off limits.

I'm truly at a loss on how to state the point more clearly.

For crying out loud, if you're going to try to get away with alluding to a rumor, then by all means PLEASE include a link so others can go and read the gossip for themselves. Either way you run the risk of losing your posting privileges.

I look forward to the day when those satellites in the sky that show my home to the world can also show what happens when children disappear.

It might sound like 'pie in the sky' but if we can send a man to the moon we can certainly watch over our children.

I know all about people and their rights to privacy but I will give up mine to find one missing child and what happened to them.

Me too!

Yikes. Of course I have not ruled out all possibilities.
Let's talk about what we can then. :)

Do you think it's possible that he wandered away and drowned?

Do you think it's possible that he wandered away, got lost, hunkered down somewhere and succumbed to the elements?

Do you think it's possible an animal got him?

Do you think it's possible that a stranger abducted him and took him out of the campground?

There is a lot we can talk about. I know we have gone through a lot of it already, but there is nothing stopping us from rehashing it all. Who knows, someone could come up with something new.

He does not meet the criteria for an Amber Alert.

You know I am curious about that. I heard LE in Idaho say that he did not meet the criteria for the AA. However, with the Malik Drummond case for example: he supposedly "walked off" from his home with both father and step mother present in the home. There was no witness to an abduction, no vehicle description or license number .......nothing. They issued the Amber Alert the same day that he was reported missing and it is still an active AA. Why is there a difference in the missing person situations. I can't wrap my head around that. Please offer me some insight into why some children would get this wonderful resource and others would not.

We really do not know there's been no evidence found. If something was found since the last update and is being processed I think this LE would keep silent until results were in. In fact, LE is known to mislead the public/press (with good reason, I'm not criticizing) so even if we include all the updates we can't say no evidence has been found.

What I'm concerned with now in this case is new searches. Or potential new searches. I've seen how in other cases (Emmett Trapp, Gage Wyment, Caylee Anthony), it can be a private citizen either looking on their own or not even looking at all, who finds a child after exhaustive searches. In little Gage's case it was a private citizen who took his dog out and gave it a shot, finding Gage by a tree (his dog took him right to the body). I also seem to recall a case of a girl with autism a couple years back, found in a swampy forest area by a private citizen who had a hunch.

I know LE didn't want people milling about trampling the area. But if they're scaling back, can we now get some do gooders in there? Ones familiar with the wilderness who won't get lost themselves? Like hunters or backcountry hikers? Maybe with their dogs? See if they can find a trace of this baby.

What I'm concerned with now in this case is new searches. Or potential new searches. I've seen how in other cases (Emmett Trapp, Gage Wyment, Caylee Anthony), it can be a private citizen either looking on their own or not even looking at all, who finds a child after exhaustive searches. In little Gage's case it was a pricey irises who took his dog out as gave it a shot, finding Gage by a tree (his dog took him right to the body). I also seem to recall a case of a girl with autism a couple years back, found in a swampy forest area by a private citizen who had a hunch.

I know LE didn't want people milling about trampling the area. But if they're scaling back, can we now get some do gooders in there? Ones familiar with the wilderness who won't get lost themselves? Like hunters or backcountry hikers? Maybe with their dogs? See if they can find a trace of this baby.

And of course, the infamous "meter reader" in the Casey Anthony case. That one was so weird!

All of these are possible! BUT at some point you have to stop reasonable induction as there are many possibilities we could continue to introduce. As time, money, and energy are poured into this investigation it needs to become increasingly focused using reasonable deduction. With all of the investigation that has been done can they reasonable deduct/ induct some of these theories?

You know I am curious about that. I heard LE in Idaho say that he did not meet the criteria for the AA. However, with the Malik Drummond case for example: he supposedly "walked off" from his home with both father and step mother present in the home. There was no witness to an abduction, no vehicle description or license number .......nothing. They issued the Amber Alert the same day that he was reported missing and it is still an active AA. Why is there a difference in the missing person situations. I can't wrap my head around that. Please offer me some insight into why some children would get this wonderful resource and others would not.

Each state has their own criteria but most are similar. Malik qualified for a level two alert in Arkansas. Level two alerts do not involve emergency broadcasts or texts, etc., apparently: https://static.ark.org/eeuploads/asp/mnaa_field_ops_manual_2005.pdf

I haven't looked to see if Idaho has a two-tiered system or what qualifications there are for an alert in Idaho.

All of these are possible! BUT at some point you have to stop reasonable induction as there are many possibilities we could continue to introduce. As time, money, and energy are poured into this investigation it needs to become increasingly focused using reasonable deduction. With all of the investigation that has been done can they reasonable deduct/ induct some of these theories?

Of course they can. That's their job and that's exactly what they're doing. However, we are on a message board, not knowing but a smidgen of what LE knows, trying to discuss the case.

No to all of those. Anything is possible.. I do not think he was taken by an animal, drowned or hunkered down and died from the elements. He would have been found if the searching was as thorough as the dad said and the sheriff or LE or whoever said it. Abducted..I dunno. A boogey man hiding in the woods waiting to prey on some random kid if one showed up????? Unlikely, UNLESS someone had prior knowledge this family was going to be there and WAS lying in wait. Ran up, snatched the child and ran down the hill to his/her vehicle..

Of course they can. That's their job and that's exactly what they're doing. However, we are on a message board, not knowing but a smidgen of what LE knows, trying to discuss the case.

And therein lies the problem. We don't know so we guess and blame and point the finger everywhere. We have chewed on old bones for 16 days now. Throw us a new bone...please.

No to all of those. Anything is possible.. I do not think he was taken by an animal, drowned or hunkered down and died from the elements. He would have been found if the searching was as thorough as the dad said and the sheriff or LE or whoever said it. Abducted..I dunno. A boogey man hiding in the woods waiting to prey on some random kid if one showed up????? Unlikely, UNLESS someone had prior knowledge this family was going to be there and WAS lying in wait. Ran up, snatched the child and ran down the hill to his/her vehicle..

Unfortunately, there have been hundreds and hundreds of "thorough" searches for missing people that were later found by someone stumbling across them by accident. It's sad, but very true. It doesn't mean LE and/or the searches aren't doing a good enough job, it just means that nobody can ever cover 100 percent of all land and water--even if they think they have.

Also, the body (in this case) could be moving or moved by water, predators, etc...at any given time during or after the searches.

And therein lies the problem. We don't know so we guess and blame and point the finger everywhere. We have chewed on old bones for 16 days now. Throw us a new bone...please.

So true! At this point, I'll take a bone shard. Anything.

Unfortunately, there have been hundreds and hundreds of "thorough" searches for missing people that were later found by someone stumbling across them by accident. It's sad, but very true. It doesn't mean LE and/or the searches aren't doing a good enough job, it just means that nobody can ever cover 100 percent of all land and water--even if they think they have.

Also, the body (in this case) could be moving or moved by water, predators, etc...at any given time during or after the searches.

Dylan Redwine, Morgan Harrington, Hailey Dunn, Elizabeth Collins, and Lyric Cook. To name a few. The list goes on and on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry