ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats true. I think they need to keep going over the same areas. But I learned from the Emmett Trapp case that they can get farther, faster than one would think. He was found outside the perimeter of the search area, an area that was determined based on the assumption that there was no way a two year old could get farther than that perimeter. But he did.

I'm wondering if they took the search dogs farther out from the camp area or whether they just let the dogs follow whatever scent they picked up only IN the camp? In other words, I wonder if the dogs might have picked up DeOrr's scent if handlers took them 10 or 20 or more yards out *away* from the camp and then began walking a circle around the camp area at that distance, if nothing go out another 10 yards and try, etc.

Me either! I've been misquoted before. I don't like people in my business. My son was hurt by his biological father and eventually died as a result of the injuries. I'm so glad the Internet was just a baby, because I barely survived as it was, but I don't think I could have handled a bunch of strangers talking about me online.

Does that make me a hypocrite just by being here? Perhaps, but I keep my private horrors in mind and try to be kind and thoughtful of the families who are in their own private hell.

I am behind in reading and trying to catch up. I just wanted to say *hugs* to you and I am sorry for your loss. I do not think you are a hypocrite at all. In fact I think you are amazing and very strong being here and helping the lost and the families suffering a loss as well. Bless your kind heart <3

I am behind in reading and trying to catch up. I just wanted to say *hugs* to you and I am sorry for your loss. I do not think you are a hypocrite at all. In fact I think you are amazing and very strong being here and helping the lost and the families suffering a loss as well. Bless your kind heart <3

Thank you, sweetie!

Man, where in the he** could this little boy possibly be? My brain just hurts thinking of how he could of just *POOF* vanish into thin air. To be brutally honest, I don't have much faith or hope left that little Deorr is still with us. I hate typing that and my heart aches for his family. No matter the circumstances of his disappearance, I hope he is found alive or if he is an angel so he can be laid to rest properly like he deserves. Every human deserves that. Where are you sweet boy??

What kind of wildlife do they have out at this particular campground?

So in my wanderings I came upon this video. http://www.ktvb.com/media/cinematic/video/30214133/

It's quite interesting. It shows one dog heading out in knee high weeds and I was thinking this would be great for drones because in those weeds you could walk right by a child laying down and never see them.

Also toward the end of the video the reporter was asked if there were a lot of campers close by. She said just one elderly couple. I thought that interesting and that must be the folks they reinterviewed.

I found the tape over on this website. https://www.facebook.com/LocalNews8/posts/10153512882163872?hc_location=ufi

It's the Lemhi Country Sheriff's FB page.

Note; I'm still trying to find where grandma Clegg said the campsite was GGP's favorite.

Where are you little DeOrr? We want to find you, please let us find you...:(

I just spent entirely too much time researching predatory birds in Idaho and trying to determine if one could haul off a toddler. I've heard of bald eagles being able to swoop and grab small deer and stuff, so I wondered if that was a possibility... but after reading more I don't think it really is. It would explain why there was no smell/trace of him out of the campsite for the dogs to follow. He'd probably be too heavy though, right? :(

Note; I'm still trying to find where grandma Clegg said the campsite was GGP's favorite.
<snip>

~~I remember reading that also....

I'm back on the computer after tossing and turning with a headache for a few hours.....Cannot get little DeOrr off my mind...I'm so worried about him. This is heartbreaking......I just cannot even begin to imagine what it feels like to be his parents.

<modsnip> How could the grandpa be both watching the child and thinking the child was w/ his parents at the same time?

I just spent entirely too much time researching predatory birds in Idaho and trying to determine if one could haul off a toddler. I've heard of bald eagles being able to swoop and grab small deer and stuff, so I wondered if that was a possibility... but after reading more I don't think it really is. It would explain why there was no smell/trace of him out of the campsite for the dogs to follow. He'd probably be too heavy though, right? :(

So the dogs keep returning to the campsite, I wonder where exactly? The camper? Vehicles? Where exactly in the campsite? Sheriff said from day one that these dogs are experts and if he was there, they would have found little Deorr the first day.

Exactly. I read it a few times and I still don't get it.

Another thing I've tried to understand is this: in their interview, the parents said that when they went exploring it was DeOrr's nap time, right? So how come they didn't wait for him to be asleep before they took off? Make sure he's safely asleep and tell the other adults in the camp that you'll be right back, the baby is sleeping, please keep an eye/ear out.

Then, if it was nap time why would the dad come rushing back to show the kid some minnows? They seem to be outdoorsy, its not like minnows are rare fish, so why ask where the kid is to take him to see them at nap time when they didn't take him out to begin with? If you aren't going to take the toddler exploring because it is his nap time, are you really going to come back to get him to see something so unimpressive? Also, why wouldn't the dad assume DeOrr was asleep in the tent since it was nap time instead of springing into camp yelling where is he? I've watched this part of the interview over and over again hoping it would make some sort of sense, but I just don't get the logic in any of it.

Edit: Not to say I don't believe the parents, I'm just curious about the entire nap time situation. Maybe nap time is more quiet/sit still and relax time for DeOrr and not necessarily sleeping?

On one flyer it said 28 pounds. That's not very heavy. I would think a small deer would weigh about the same.

On one flyer it said 28 pounds. That's not very heavy. I would think a small deer would weigh about the same.

I suppose it isn't that heavy. I think for it to be possible for a bird to be able to grab something that big it would have to swoop down at full speed and just keep right on going in order to have the lift it needed to get its catch off the ground... It would need to happen in a fairly wide open space. I can't imagine an eagle would be able to carry him far, but maybe he got dropped in a tree and could be fairly nearby without being noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousNelly61