ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we cannot discuss the conversation but it provides a lot of answers to longstanding questions. However, it gives rise to new questions. It's fairly easy to determine that this is the person they claim to be so any skepticism is fully satisfied for me. Ironically, it seems that they want these facts circulated and discussed because they are aware of the effects of holding too much information from the public.

I agree.

They really should do another interview with the media. I think it would help.

QUESTION FOR THE MODERATORS

Can we have another thread downstairs where we can discuss sms posts?
We have done this in other cases with a strong sms influence.

I posted in one of the previous threads that I never considered the store sighting to be from the night before because we had heard the family traveled there from Idaho Falls on Friday. But then I realized we haven't heard from or read a quote from the parents stating when they arrived.

I think we really need explore the possibility that they arrived Thursday night.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Thank you Jules, I have had some of those same thoughts and questions. So thank you. Perhaps LE already has those answers, but I wish we had them as well. :wave:

I'm sorry. That's simply not true. A person becomes a suspect when they are suspected by LE of committing a crime. Just being present when something bad happened does not make one a suspect. Other circumstances do. If there is no evidence of foul play, then there are no suspects.

It's my understanding that just being present when/where a child disappeared does not make someone a POI. Especially if the person is easily located and quickly ruled out. This investigation is moving backwards when people who were once declared "solid" are now POIs.

Maybe he works weekends and had not received time off for camping/searching?? Was this a spur of the moment or planned trip?

I don't really understand either how in 72 hours, rumors about his employer would have started. Unless he was talking about it - like man I'm supposed to go to work on such and such day I hope I don't get in trouble/fired for staying here to search for my lost son even though we think he was abducted. ??

Wasn't the boss there searching within about 4 hours? Not much time for a rumor to grow legs.

And since we already talked about it not being standard procedure to search their homes in a missing child case that happened out in the wilderness - what do you all think now knowing it has been searched?

It think they think what I think ;)

Perhaps he called in sick or made up an excuse about not going to work. This turn of events would certainly blow his cover and also have people questioning whether this was, indeed, a planned trip or a "spur of the moment" necessity. jmho

If that is the case, rumor or not, it would behoove DK to praise his boss in the family's one MSM interview.

I am really hoping we will be allowed to discuss the conversation happening right now on the KIFI SM FB page as the grandmother is answering several questions very candidly. The details would be helpful here in our discussions. Waiting patiently for mod to confirm if ok or not. :thinking::scared:

What does KIFI stand for

And since we already talked about it not being standard procedure to search their homes in a missing child case that happened out in the wilderness - what do you all think now knowing it has been searched?

I'm not sure what to think.

When was it searched? If it was recently I'm sure anything possibly incriminating has been removed anyway. Maybe they're looking for something in particular that might be overlooked.

Omg, this is seriously scary. And just to let you know, I have never totally discounted the possibility of a wild animal / mountain lion attack. Though it sounds as though the Sheriff has. Still, it may come to be that is what happened. :(

Mountain lion is my second favorite theory in this case!

It's too early to tell, but this Sheriff may have played this case brilliantly if someone at the campground turns out to be involved in DeOrr's disappearance. He said they're "good" then "solid", he kept them talking & cooperating. I believe something dawned on LE regardless of what, when they cleared everyone out of the area. Again, how can LE clear anyone when they don't know what happened & when for an alibi to rule someone out? It never made any sense to me.

The FBI is now in town with a bang; searches of the parent's home, re-questioning, etc. I hope they are able to solve this mystery as DeOrr deserves the truth brought out, whatever that my be.

It's my understanding that just being present when/where a child disappeared does not make someone a POI. Especially if the person is easily located and quickly ruled out. This investigation is moving backwards when people who were once declared "solid" are now POIs.

Based on... ?

Gracious that is a long link! Anyway, 93 goes from the Nevada border to the Montana border, right on by the campground. Perhaps they are just looking at vehicles coming and going from that area via that route. It's a pretty isolated route, so someone might choose it if they were trying to get away unnoticed.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Nev...8cf2a6c18!2m2!1d-110.3625658!2d46.8796822!3e0
(Wow. It is long!) But if you zoom in...you will see the highway that goes by the campsite is really Highway 28 not 93. SH-93 cuts off and goes to the west of the mountain ridge there and SH-28 goes right up the center to the campsite from Idaho Falls, ID.

I'm not sure what to think.

When was it searched? If it was recently I'm sure anything possibly incriminating has been removed anyway. Maybe they're looking for something in particular that might be overlooked.
Didn't they stay at the campgrounds to wait on news?

I think it is certainly news to find their homes and vehicles have been searched. We need to find out if there were search warrants executed for those. It would be a nice thing for the one media outlet to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member