ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What has happened in the case:

-Parents are declared POIs (instead of witnsses, a word that would also mean "because they were at the scene" but without the negative connation)
-FBI is brought in to assist with questioning
-Parents take polygraphs but results will not be released
-The parents' home and car is searched
-LE says they are gathering evidence incase there's a trial one day

It seems that there could be a very real possibility they arrived Thurs night around 9:30pm. What are thoughts on this?

IMO it raises a lot of new questions and conflicts with some statements that have already been made.

I can see arriving late if someone had to work that day and it is still fairly light out until 10-10:30 or so (at least here in WA).

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I agree. And if you're experienced and familiar with how to set up it doesn't take too long. Set up the tent, throw in the sleeping bags, leave everything else until the next day. They could use their headlights if they had to.

And we don't know for sure how many vehicles they arrived in (do we?). Maybe a camper or trailer was involved.

We've arrived at camp late at night with little ones and we rarely camp at the same place twice if we're traveling any distance. When our oldest started school, it meant we could only camp on the weekends during the best times of the year to camp (spring and fall). We'd leave after my husband got home from work and start a fire as soon as we arrived. I'd toast marshmallows for the kids if they were still awake and husband would set up the tent. If the kids fell asleep, we'd move them to the tent when it was set up. We can usually have a fire going and tent set up with beds made in under 20 minutes.

I am really hoping we will be allowed to discuss the conversation happening right now on the KIFI SM FB page as the grandmother is answering several questions very candidly. The details would be helpful here in our discussions. Waiting patiently for mod to confirm if ok or not. :thinking::scared:

Can you tell me what KIFI is so I can go look for myself? That should not be against WS rules.

Just to add to the mix of things to speculate on... Nate Eaton & East Idaho News are not huge news sources around here. At least not up until this case. I had never heard of it. Now there are digital billboards near both IF and Pocatello. The coverage of this case has been the big break for a newly launched news source in the area. According to this info, from a former position in Virginia, the interview he conducted with the family seems bizarrely amateurish?

http://wric.com/nateeaton/

Just to add to the mix of things to speculate on... Nate Eaton & East Idaho News are not huge news sources around here. At least not up until this case. I had never heard of it. Now there are digital billboards near both IF and Pocatello. The coverage of this case has been the big break for a newly launched news source in the area. According to this info, from a former position in Virginia, the interview he conducted with the family seems bizarrely amateurish?

From your link, Reporter Eaton has sound journalism credentials so perhaps he was given boundaries by the parents as to what he could and could not ask.

JMO

Nate is a recipient of the prestigious Edward R. Murrow award and has been recognized with over a dozen other awards. In 2013, 2010, and 2009, the Virginia Associated Press named him the “Outstanding Reporter of the Year.”

If you compared the East Idaho News facebook page (established 2015, with around 2500 likes) to the KIFI Local news 8 page (channel itself has been around over 30 years, and has close to 60,000 likes) it's really kind of surprising. Maybe that is why the family has steered clear of the media? The accuracy of their story wasn't represented or they felt that they were being used instead of being helped? That would explain a lot, especially since this Nate guy has gone on Nancy Grace & made such a spectacle of the whole thing.

Well we cannot discuss the conversation but it provides a lot of answers to longstanding questions. However, it gives rise to new questions. It's fairly easy to determine that this is the person they claim to be so any skepticism is fully satisfied for me. Ironically, it seems that they want these facts circulated and discussed because they are aware of the effects of holding too much information from the public.

From your link, Reporter Eaton has sound journalism credentials so perhaps he was given boundaries by the parents as to what he could and could not ask.

JMO

Nate is a recipient of the prestigious Edward R. Murrow award and has been recognized with over a dozen other awards. In 2013, 2010, and 2009, the Virginia Associated Press named him the “Outstanding Reporter of the Year.”

This exactly! Even if there were restrictions on specific questions someone with the professional credibility and experience could at least guide the parents through the interview. From what I see when I watch that interview he just sat back and let an emotionally overwrought, likely exhausted father babble on.

I wonder if East Idaho News promised to only publish postive stories about the parents in exchange for interviews and information?

Thanks for bringing up this article.

This part about the cameras on 93 has me confused. In this map you can see Hwy 93, but it doesn't go between Idaho Falls/Montpelier area and Timber Creek campground. Why would they be looking at Hwy 93, as opposed to Hwy 28? :thinking:

(I've marked some of the traffic cams.)
Hmmmm...looking at it on the map (couldn't get your link to open right) and I am confused now why he mentioned 93. Where is the store exactly?

So we can tentatively assume the scene wasn't treated as a crime scene at first. Which means all this evidence we've all been wondering about is probably trampled for good. :banghead: I understand the reasons, just...dang!!

Also, I'm guessing people would have been allowed to come and go without having their vehicles searched.

I was just stopping in to post this.

"Although he's convinced the 2-year-old was not abducted, Bowerman said he's unable to rule out the possibility." The article also mentions that they're still searching daily.

How much searching can one or two people do by dropping by once a day? It's a formality. They don't expect to find anything up there IMO.

Hmmmm...looking at it on the map (couldn't get your link to open right) and I am confused now why he mentioned 93. Where is the store exactly?

Gracious that is a long link! Anyway, 93 goes from the Nevada border to the Montana border, right on by the campground. Perhaps they are just looking at vehicles coming and going from that area via that route. It's a pretty isolated route, so someone might choose it if they were trying to get away unnoticed.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Nev...8cf2a6c18!2m2!1d-110.3625658!2d46.8796822!3e0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi8773