ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After someone dies it's common, I think, to wake up sometimes and not remember. I did this and it's an awful feeling to be reminded a loved one is gone after those few seconds of forgetting. I've been thinking about them and wondering how many mornings they woke up having that horrible feeling again, or having those instinctual feelings like "Time to put Deorr to bed" or "Remember to pick up Goldfish at the store."

I can imagine the situations but I can't imagine having to face them every day. :(

~~But in this case, they "don't know" what's become of him....I think the not knowing must be just the worst.

I agree, maybe SM is the way this family is accustomed to communicating, but it sure makes it hard for the public to have access to the information (unless they know to look in a news organization's FB page's comment section) and it's hard for us to discuss it here too. She has a right not to talk to the media, but it would be nice if she or some of the family members who were actually there would give an interview!

Or if it's too painful for the parents, appoint a family spokesperson to answer questions and keep DeOrr's face and name in MSM. If he's been kidnapped by a stranger, shutting down communication with MSM because you're afraid people might twist your words, will not help bring DeOrr home. JMO

Missed that - how far away is it? Still trying to catch up using sub-par internet.
I would have to go back and find the post to be specific, but I believe he said it was about 20 minutes or so of a bumpy ride and the internet maps were incorrect on the time.

I think this is something I can mention that TC posted on FB. They were told to stay away from the media due to the negativity it creates which takes focus away from the investigation.

Well, there's some bad advice if your kid's been kidnapped.

What could this mean? If they arrived Thursday night what does that have to do with her throwing out a dirty diaper on Friday?

I hope this doesn't go over the line. I'm asking more in a "Can this be explained?" way and not in an "Is this true or not?" way.

You need to read the comments on that MSM FB page to know what people are talking about, since we are not allowed to discuss info that was gleaned from there.

No, it isn't according to the local who has been posting here.

Ok. I see it's 25 minutes. My point is the same. If they were at the store at 6 pm, then drove straight to the campsite, they would arrive around 6:30 pm Thursday night, not 9:30 pm. Where did they go between 6:00 and 9:30 pm if it's accurate that they were at the store and arrived at camp at those times?

You need to read the comments on that MSM FB page to know what people are talking about, since we are not allowed to discuss info that was gleaned from there.

I don't understand how throwing away a diaper on a certain day relates to any of the information, but someone earlier posted about how your mind might get caught on the smallest, weirdest detail as if it means something. I think that's probably what happened here.

I think the dirty diaper is just meant to address the question of "was he even at the campground?" "Yes, he was, because there was a dirty diaper." Doesn't necessarily mean there was only one diaper or factor into timelines, just lends credence to the fact he was there. IMO.

Did a mod ever answer if we could have a thread in the basement to discuss the fb news comments?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Where are the stairs? How do you get to the basement if a thread is approved down there?

Let's assume there is/are (a) video surveillance camera(s) at the store. LE knows whether the 6pm sighting of a small blonde, dirty, crying child was on Thursday or Friday and LE knows if the 6pm sighting was Baby DeOrr or not. I do not think that GGP and Issac would lie about the day of the arrival and certainly not the parents who were at the store and would know that there is/are camera(s) recording activity. Please don't say that they may not have seen the camera(s) and may not have known - in this day and age one must assume that stores have video surveillance and only an idiot would lie and 'hope' there were no cameras.

GGP and IR would know if the child was or wasn't at the campsite. Why would they lie and say "oh, yes, he was here" when he was not? IR didn't even know the parents until the camping trip, he has no reason to protect them. He may seem dull witted but to suggest he would lie about such a critical issue and put himself in the cross hairs of the investigation begs credulity. GGP would not lie about such a thing - this is his great grandson! If he never saw him he would say, "he wasn't here" and let the cards fall as they may.

The dogs picked up the baby's scent at the campsite. It is sickening to suggest that the parents scented it with the baby's blanket in order to hide the fact that he was not there.

The baby was at the campsite and he disappeared from the immediate area of the campsite.

I believe dad is correct to think this was an abduction and I think the baby was taken by a 2 legged animal who saw an opportunity to grab him while the adults were occupied with other things. I do not believe in an animal abduction.

I continue to pray that the baby is alive and will be reunited with his family who love him with all their hearts.

Thank you desert-blue for posting the Reuters link. That article clearly states the family which included father, mother, GGF, and Doerr plus the friend left on Friday, July 10th!

Hopefully that issue can now be put to rest. Thanks so much.

I think we have been led to believe since early on that they arrived at the campsite Friday afternoon. The 6 pm sighting had people wondering if they might have arrived a day earlier. Then the comments on the MSM FB page introduced information that someone (who supposedly knows the family's schedule) believes they arrived at camp Thursday evening. Not put to bed at all yet IMO.

Huh? Why would they have Thursday's soiled diapers with them when they didn't leave their house until Friday?

I was going by what the poster who claims to be JM's mother (TC) posted on the FB comments to the news station FB page. She said they arrived around 9:30 or so Thurs night, IIRC. But like the mod said, it may or may not actually be TC posting, so I will not put stock in it or discuss it any further.

I think the dirty diaper is just meant to address the question of "was he even at the campground?" "Yes, he was, because there was a dirty diaper." Doesn't necessarily mean there was only one diaper or factor into timelines, just lends credence to the fact he was there. IMO.

Thank you! That actually makes a lot of sense.

Lol same here...I want my grandchildren in a controlled environment. Just me though, I'm less confident with them than I was with my son.

FWIW, I never would have done that with my children when they were small. If one of their grandparents did that, they would never watch my kids again! Children should have a safe environment in which to explore. Next to an open campfire, without adequate supervision is not such a place IMO.

Regardless of which way they arrived in Leadore, the store is still 40 minutes from the campsite.
Coming from Idaho Falls, you don't have to go clear to Leadore. You can go straight to the campground. It is several miles further up the highway to Leadore. From Leadore, you can take another route up to the campground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
earworm