ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO all persons on that camping trip would be POI..as they all were there and have potential information about the baby. So I see nothing nefarious about ALL of them being POI's ..but thats just my opinion. The fact they are not suspects is good. I dont think any of them had anything to do with this baby disappearing other than not watching him like they should have. I just wish they would find him

I have been wondering about this very thing....people living off the grid. Years ago I saw a 'Special Report' on KOMO News 4 here in Seattle, covering the Pointman Ministries reaching out to PTSD Vets living in the Okanogan National Forest. It was a 'Stand Down' of sorts....I believe the Cascade Mountain Men were involved with the ministry as well. They held a church service in the mountains for these wounded vets...Lot's of prayer, food, one on one counseling. A weekend of spiritual healing.
They began it with praise and worship songs echoing through the mountain, the smell of barbecue wafting through the air. One by one, people started coming out of the forest. Guys in tattered clothes, covered in dirt, some in ancient camo fatigues. Some with their face blackened. There must have been 100 very raggedy vets that eventually came out of those woods. Vets that never rejoined society after the wars they fought.
After Deorr went missing, I researched this further, how many homeless vets are in Idaho? According to the VA, there are approximately 500. Map provided. http://www.longmarchhome.org/homelessness_map.html

There are annual 'Stand Downs' for vets hosted in Idaho Falls, Boise, Pocatello and throughout Montana. I'm wondering just how many of them are living in the woods with PTSD? I'm wondering if the local VA might be aware of clusters of vets living in National Forests around Idaho.

I would also be making inquiries at the homeless shelters...asking if anyone knows of people living in the National Parks, not just vets....anyone, they may have run into living off the grid. An EMT kit would be a highly coveted prize for the homeless.

wow!

I had never heard of the "Stand Down" programs...

what a touching story...

and it certainly opens my eyes to more elements in the great outdoors!

:tyou:

IMO all persons on that camping trip would be POI..as they all were there and have potential information about the baby. So I see nothing nefarious about ALL of them being POI's ..but thats just my opinion. The fact they are not suspects is good. I dont think any of them had anything to do with this baby disappearing other than not watching him like they should have. I just wish they would find him
JMO... It makes a difference when LE and/or FBI cassify anyone in any case differently....

Hi, I am new but have been following this since the beginning and have read all six threads. I do have a question regarding the campsite. What struck me in the video on Nancy Grace was that the area seemed to be so open except for the creek side. However, what caught my eye was the tall grass or vegetation that seems to surround the perimeter of the site. Does anyone know what kind of grass/shrub that is and how tall it actually is? It is hard to tell from the picture of the camp and I have never been out west to visit. I did see one picture of a searcher and it appeared to be up to his waist at least in the area he was at. I don't know if it was the same in the open meadow at the camp.

I could see a toddler playing hide and seek. I know my little niece will do this and the more we pretend to hunt for her, the funnier she thinks it is and will stay hidden for a while. Perhaps by the time the baby got tired of hiding he got lost in the tall grass and couldn't find his way back?

Or perhaps a predator, four legged or two legged hid in that grass for an opportunity? I know this has been discussed, but the tall grass has always bothered me the moment I saw it in the video. JMO.

I don't see how the stolen EMT bag has anything to do with DeOrr. Some jerk broke into someone's truck during the search, after the baby was missing. Unless a mountain man kidnapped DeOrr and hung around until 175 people showed up, then chose that time to break into someone's truck, I find any relevance highly unlikely. JMO.

<Never mind wrong day.>

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I agree but what strikes me about that is..Who and why is someone who is involved in SAR breaking into vehicles and stealing stuff ? I'd want to know who did that...seems like an unscrupulous person IMO

Apparently, on Saturday, anyone and everyone was welcome to come up and search. From what I have read there was close to 200 people searching. Who knows who was there?

I am not sure that we know that a break-in happened at the actual campground anyway, and if it was before or during the search.

My theory at the moment is this:

All 5 campers arrived Thursday evening.

Issac and ggf never saw the baby / they thought he was sleeping since they arrived late.

Next morning mom and dad say they are going to leave in the truck and check out the area and go to the store in town. IR and ggf still don't see the baby.

They get back by 1 pm. IR and ggf don't see the baby. They think he is napping.

JM and DK go off to explore then come back and ask where DKjr is.

This starts the search and then call to 911.

In this scenario there is no confirmation of them being seen at the store. The rumor of a sighting is a ruse. The story of a stolen emt bag is a ruse.

No scent track other than the confusion with the cremains. No trace. No evidence. Not thought to be an abduction or animal attack. IR's confirmation of what happened was non committal.

This is the only thing that fits for me and is purely my speculation only.

I can't say I totally agree with you, but you stated it in such a way that it makes complete sense.

:cow:

I agree it was EMT.. i do wonder if that is a red herring rather than a clue??? Like the cremains being a lousy coincidence and not a clue..jmo

Too many "coincidences", not enough clues, and precious few facts if you ask me.

I wonder how the FBI got involved. Do we have a "fact" on that?

I am slowly getting the sense that this will be an eventual cold case. Like Ayla Reynolds, Baby Lisa, Kyron, Hayley Dunn, and all of the rest lost sweethearts. :candle:

wow!

I had never heard of the "Stand Down" programs...

what a touching story...

and it certainly opens my eyes to more elements in the great outdoors!

:tyou:

I used to love walking in the great outdoors all by myself. It gave me the time and quiet to think, to commune with nature, to relax. I used to sit quietly watching the birds, chipmunks, what have you. However, I have not done that in several years since I started reading here and other places. Now I'm afraid to walk in the woods alone, even to walk along a country road by myself. I can't sit and watch the animals 'cause I'm not certain what "animal" may be watching me. What a world we live in these days.

I agree but what strikes me about that is..Who and why is someone who is involved in SAR breaking into vehicles and stealing stuff ? I'd want to know who did that...seems like an unscrupulous person IMO

I'd be more inclined to think that, if something like this happened, it was opportunistic and done by someone who was NOT associated with SAR.

I am slowly getting the sense that this will be an eventual cold case. Like Ayla Reynolds, Baby Lisa, Kyron, Hayley Dunn, and all of the rest lost sweethearts. :candle:

I hope and pray that is not what happens. Little Deorr deserves to be found and justice served if foul play was involved. Hopefully the FBI will be able to uncover clues that the local LE has not been able to, and figure out what happened to that precious child. :candle:

Has anyone gone back over all the articles pertaining to the dogs and scent? I just did a very quick search and confirmed they had both scent dogs and cadaver dogs. I also found the articles that said the dogs led searchers to the reservoir twice.

Can anyone find any other articles that say anything about other scent trails or not finding any other scent trails? It was posted in previous threads that the dogs kept circling and coming back to camp. Does anyone know where I can find that?

Odd you should say that. I got the same feeling right after LE gave the first presser. Also odd you should mention Kyron; if I remember correctly weren't some people suggesting some things should not be talked about right at the get go? Don't mean to go OT, just thought I heard a bell ringing.

I'm starting to get rather upset by this case and the memory of a few others.

:cow:

Oops typo. Should say all 4 campers arrived.....

So your theory is GGP and IR never saw Baby Deorr because he was never there, and JM and DK have been lying to everyone about him ever being present at the campsite. And they've sat back knowing this whole time while LE has investigated everyone and the wilderness has been filled with searchers and even divers, and they still said nothing, just kept up the lie he was ever at the campsite.

Nice.

JMO.

To me, it makes more sense to compare this "case" to the "cases" of other children who disappeared in a forest, campground, state park, woods, etc, some whose bodies were eventually found and others who have not been found.

I don't think this is a case of an animal attack.
I don't think this is a stranger abduction.
I dont' think the child wandered into the water.
These are things that I think did not happen. That leaves me with... (?) IDK what happened then. ......Or I cant say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mysisterskeeper