ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are the last 4 people known with him. Maybe they had something to do with it or not. Until I hear of something to tell I'll cut them some slack.

When a 2 year old is missing there should be no slack. There is obviously some reason they are all POI's. Did they take polys? Have their stories changed? They have no one else to look at.

desert-blue- you posted that you were curious as to why the parents or LE did not mention a 5th person at the campsite. Would you please elaborate? This is new.

I apologize if that was unclear. What I meant was that in the interview, the parents did not mention a fifth person. LE did not mention him right away either IIRC. When they did announce there was a fifth person, he was just referred to as a "family friend." His age, sex, and name were withheld for several days, perhaps a week or more? My memory may be incorrect on this, so please correct me if I'm wrong. I wasn't announcing anything new.

ETA: I wasn't implying that LE never mentioned a fifth person, just that it took them awhile. Also, I just checked and it was July 28th that IR's name was released, so 2.5 weeks after Deorr was reported missing. HTH.

ETA, part 2: The earliest article I can find where it mentions a family friend being at the campsite is July 13th. Prior to that, every article just states that Deorr was camping with his family.

So, from July 10-12th, the news only reported that Deorr was missing from a family camping trip. On July 13th, it was added that a friend was also there. On July 28th, the friend's name was released.

I swear I'm not trying to confuse anyone... There were 5 people camping. I was only commenting on how long it took them to release the details. They (LE and/or news stations) were not very forthcoming with the fact that a friend was also there.

desert-blue- you posted that you were curious as to why the parents or LE did not mention a 5th person at the campsite. Would you please elaborate? This is new.

persimmon - you posted about the sleeping arrangements at the campsite, which I had also read. The operative word was 'slept' which bothered me. If they arrived on Friday and he disappeared on Friday, no one had yet slept anywhere. Odd word since we were told they arrived on Friday. Or maybe we weren't?

There WERE five people at the campsite, weren't there?

Mom
Dad
DeOrr
GGPA
IR

ETA: or do they mean five besides DeOrr?

Five, right?

I think the mountain lions in forests and state parks are pretty much just considered to be there but I agree we have bear signs posted everywhere and nothing about mountain lions. In fact not far from where I live last summer an older man was with his grand kids at a local camping spot and a mountain lion approached them in broad daylight. He attempted to make the mountain lion leave by actually hitting it with a stick several times. He felt the lion was very interested in his grand children and since it would not leave he shot it. This was abnormal and unusual but obviously it was hungry and looking for a meal, or was overly interested in people?

Research tells us that mountain lions don't just kill when they are hungry and often kill and hide much more food than they can consume. Research and experience also tells us that mountain lions are particularly attracted to children. I am familiar with the case you referenced. Unfortunately it is only one of many. :(

There WERE five people at the campsite, weren't there?

Mom
Dad
DeOrr
GGPA
IR

ETA: or do they mean five besides DeOrr?

Five, right?

There are some who actually believe Deorr was never there to begin with, thus the four instead of five.

I keep finding more and more information that would explain and answer some of the questions, such as, blood. Mountain lion attacks, especially on smaller prey, leave very little, if any, blood because of the type of bite to the neck. Also, lions often lick up and blood. In several cases the lion carried or dragged its prey "up" to a cliff above and away from the capture site. I doubt the searchers would have had that in mind.

Re: bolded: I was thinking of this last night that in this case the lion would have know other people were present in the area so probably would not have hung around there, JMO.

When a 2 year old is missing there should be no slack. There is obviously some reason they are all POI's. Did they take polys? Have their stories changed? They have no one else to look at.

We don't know there's been ANY "slack". They are POI's because they were there and might have information to help bring this case to resolution. They are NOT suspects! Supposedly both the mother and father took polygraphs right away. They also allowed their home and vehicles to be searched.

Re: bolded: I was thinking of this last night that in this case the lion would have know other people were present in the area so probably would not have hung around there, JMO.

That is what I was thinking too. All the commotion etc would have scared the mountain lion away...maybe further than usual JMO

I also appreciate ILOKAL's tenacity and research. However, there is some precedence for possibly suspecting the parents. More times than I care to remember I have defended parents in some of these cases and ended up with enough egg on my face to eat for a week.

Whether or not Deorr ever got to the camp is a good question. Whether or not a cougar took him is a good possibility. Whether or not he crawled under a downed log is another possibility that has defeated SAR in the past. I'm not sure whether the new hi-tech helicopter the father praised could find him or not, but in the past they were defeated by a log or a thick forest.

I believe we need to keep our minds open to ALL possibilities. Sorry for the rant, but great kookamooga, never before have I encountered a case where someone was spreading cremains around the area where a child has gone missing.

My opinion only

Me either about the cremains, strange... almost eerie. :scared:

Late into this case, but wouldn't little Deorr have to have wandered away from his family into a secluded area if a mountain lion were to get him otherwise they would of noticed the cat? What a scary thought. As i said i'm late into this case and don't know exactly what the family were doing and where they were at when they first noticed he went missing? Will try and read up a bit about it though.

Research tells us that mountain lions don't just kill when they are hungry and often kill and hide much more food than they can consume. Research and experience also tells us that mountain lions are particularly attracted to children. I am familiar with the case you referenced. Unfortunately it is only one of many. :(

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_cougar_attacks_in_North_America

20 attacks since 1890

This is an incomplete list that may never be able to satisfy particular standards for completeness. You can help by expanding it with reliably sourced entries.

Although cougar attacks are rare, they can be fatal.​

This is a list of known or suspected fatal cougar attacks that occurred in North America by decade in chronological order. The cougar is also commonly known as mountain lion, puma, mountain cat, catamount, or panther. The sub-population in Florida, which is a population east of theMississippi River, is known as the Florida panther. There are also documented presence of cougars in Upper Peninsula of Michigan.[SUP][citation needed][/SUP]
At least 20 people in North America were killed by cougars between 1890 and 2011, including six in California. More than two-thirds of the Canadian fatalities occurred on Vancouver Island in British Columbia. Fatal cougar attacks are extremely rare and occur much less frequently than fatal dog attacks, fatal snake bites, fatal lightning strikes, or fatal bee stings.[SUP][citation needed][/SUP] Children are particularly vulnerable. The majority of the child victims listed here were not accompanied by adults.
As with many predators, a cougar may attack if cornered, if a fleeing human stimulates their instinct to chase, or if a person "plays dead". Standing still however may cause the cougar to consider a person easy prey.[SUP][1][/SUP] Exaggerating the threat to the animal through intense eye contact, loud shouting, and any other action to appear larger and more menacing, may make the animal retreat. Fighting back with sticks and rocks, or even bare hands, is often effective in persuading an attacking cougar to disengage.[SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][3]

GO TO WEBSITE TO SEE THE LIST OF ATTACKS[/SUP]

To do what your asking would require specifics. At the moments specifics are not allowed on that topic. Those who get too specific will end up disappearing themselves.

My opinion only

OMG....this is hilarious and so true! Love your posts Trident

<bbm>

This was previously explained by Bessie. In short, if you or I were also at that campsite, we too would be referred to as Persons of Interest ... simply because of our existence in proximity to where Deorr's disappearance occurred.

I apologize if that was unclear. What I meant was that in the interview, the parents did not mention a fifth person. LE did not mention him right away either IIRC. When they did announce there was a fifth person, he was just referred to as a "family friend." His age, sex, and name were withheld for several days, perhaps a week or more? My memory may be incorrect on this, so please correct me if I'm wrong. I wasn't announcing anything new.

ETA: I wasn't implying that LE never mentioned a fifth person, just that it took them awhile. Also, I just checked and it was July 28th that IR's name was released, so 2.5 weeks after Deorr was reported missing. HTH.

ETA, part 2: The earliest article I can find where it mentions a family friend being at the campsite is July 13th. Prior to that, every article just states that Deorr was camping with his family.

So, from July 10-12th, the news only reported that Deorr was missing from a family camping trip. On July 13th, it was added that a friend was also there. On July 28th, the friend's name was released.

I swear I'm not trying to confuse anyone... There were 5 people camping. I was only commenting on how long it took them to release the details. They (LE and/or news stations) were not very forthcoming with the fact that a friend was also there.

Wonder why someone with such a record was protected for so long?

stupid question, did MSM ever described where deorr's "scent" was that the dogs worked off of? did they smell him off of a lawn chair or piece of clothing? the mysterious truck blankie?

TIA.

The spreading of the cremains during the initial search for Deorr has always seemed a very strange thing indeed.
Ok so sheriff says that person was id'd and not involved.
IF anyone subscribes to the theory of Deorr not being at the campsite, then it isn't necessarily unrelated. It would go to staging a situation that would lead to days and days of searching that reservoir.
Sheriff said it went into reservoir and contaminated all immediate downstream water.
Another strange coincidence, and I don't imagine sasquatch cremate their dead.
Yep chasing our tails....but so were the dogs.
jmho

Here is a fairly recent article on a mountain lion attacking a dog and sounds like they have quite a few lions around that area..It was in March, but the threat is still there. People have no clue how many attacks occur on missing Children etc in state parks and forests, cause if they are never found you cannot make the connection. JMO

http://missoulian.com/news/local/at...cle_e349d3a7-39e7-5a2a-aa17-8415b9366da7.html

Mountain lion scent also usually throws dogs off.
Wonder if, like many scents hunters buy and use, lion scent can be purchased?
Bizarro I know. I know the scent of human decomp can be purchased to train dogs.
jmho

:modstop:

I can't count the number of reminders and warnings that Mods have posted in this case, yet the speculation continues.

We know it's frustrating, but ... just because FACTS are few does not give reason to speculate on victims/innocent people. You may respectfully discuss FACTS released through MSM, but you cannot speculate and insinuate about involvement of parents or innocents unless/until LE has named a particular POI as a SUSPECT.

What facts? I'm not saying that with snark. I've just seen precious few facts. Fact 1: They went camping. Fact 2: The parents went exploring. Fact 3: DeOrr went missing. Fact 4: There are no traces of DeOrr anywhere.

There is no evidence pointing to the parents and the sheriff has specifically said they are not suspects but are POIs due to proximity. That is all we seem to know as fact at this point.

The little guy is most likely not alive anymore unless he's been abducted by a stranger like Michael Devlin, which obviously isn't a great scenario but it's the scenario with the best odds of him surviving. But even that's not a fact. That's a guess on my part, a guess made based on my own observations, experiences and knowledge. That's mostly what any of us have with this case, which is why some people are leaning so strongly towards one solution or another.

I listed the facts, as I understand them, at Post #461.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214