ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know there's been ANY "slack". They are POI's because they were there and might have information to help bring this case to resolution. They are NOT suspects! Supposedly both the mother and father took polygraphs right away. They also allowed their home and vehicles to be searched.

Why would LE call them POIs instead of witnesses? Witnesses also have information that can help bring a case to resolution.

I've read here by some posters that the rape charge is wrong and he is not even on a sexual predator list. Is that true? I just read up thread that the fact that a friend was also camping with the was mentioned right away, just not his name. How hinky is it for someone to have a criminal record?

IR pled a rape charge down to domestic violence. He was charged with rape but agreed to plead guilty to domestic violence to avoid the possibility of getting convicted of rape. He also violated the protection order issued for the victim at least three times between his arrest and his conviction on the lesser charge. You can search anyone's Idaho court record at https://www.idcourts.us/repository/mainpublic_id.do?forward=mainpublic_id

He also posted an interesting comment in response to a post by MV 4 hrs ago

Good heavens, thanks for reminding me why I don't do social media, I just do better with sentences and punctuation, lol. Hurts my eyes. :crosseyed:

Also a reminder, from what I understand discussing FB is off limits here.

I would want local Native American trackers, they are the best at animal behavior and tracking and I am not kidding. You need people who have lived in these forests with this danger for thousands of years. Fact.

Now, I want to ask. Did someone visit the campsite to visit GGP? And maybe to see the baby? Someone the parents did not approve of but allowed the visit for '20 minutes' and then the sliver/gray/light blue truck flew past them as they walked back to the campsite and - no baby?

"Why would someone do this to us, knowing how much he means to us."

It suggests a connection to me. Is there any connection anywhere to a wanted fugitive, living in the woods with a cremated partner in a sliver/grey/light blue truck who might want to visit GGP and see the baby? Probably not. Or?

I believe it was an abduction. Maybe LE isn't giving you information, it is all for the perp's ears. I will always believe this baby is alive and pray for his safe return and until I see stone cold proof that this is not true, I will think positively and expect miracles.

Just my opinions. Yours may differ.

Timeline for DeOrr Kunz, Jr. disappearance:

Friday, July 10, 2015:
DeOrr Kunz Jr, his father (DeOrr Kunz Sr.), mother (Jessica Mitchell), great-grandfather, and a family friend (IR – won’t post his full name) travel 120 miles from Idaho Falls to Timber Creek Campground in Leadore.
The campsite is remote and takes around two and a half hours to drive to from Idaho Falls. Say they arrive at about 11am – need to get a few more supplies; family leaves about (NOTE: these are “approximate” times – not set in stone! That’s why there is a “~” before each time, except 911 call.)
~11:00am - Arrive at campground Friday(msm)

~11:30am – leave for store – 40 minute drive on gravel road – 8 miles away (TV Interview: Went down to the store as a family earlier in the day (DK))
~12:10pm – arrive at store – stay approximately 5 to 10 minutes
~12:20pm – leave store – back to campgrounds
~1:00pm – arrive at campgrounds / start setting up tents, etc. (TV Interview: Haven't left the campsite since 1 pm (DK))
~2:00pm – time for Doer’s nap – placed with G-GP by the campfire; parents go exploring (TV Interview: Went off to explore - close to 2 pm (DK))
~2:10pm – parents back – DeOrr missing… (Source: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d-10-July-2015 post# 637) (TV Interview: Went 50 yards and 10 minutes from time last seen til realized missing (DK) and Gone for 10 minutes (JM))
~2:10pm to 2:27pm – search for DeOrr. (TV Interview: searched about 20 minutes before calling 911 (DK))
2:28 pm {Time-Stamped} - DeOrr’s mother, Jessica Mitchell, calls 911 and reports her son missing. Father goes ½ mile down road to get cell service, and calls 911, but mother has already reported in missing. (source: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d-10-July-2015 post# 624 and see post# 1144 of “who” was camping) (TV Interview: 2:28 911 call - said he's been missing an hour (JM) and Hauled down the road to get better cell reception (DK))
~4:00pm – (approx. time) - Search crews arrive and begin to look for the toddler.

Saturday, July 11:
Searchers look on horseback, ATVs, foot, and in water for DeOrr. They focus on a two and a half mile radius around the campground. One area of concern is a creek about 40 meters away from the campsite. The area is searched numerous times.

Sunday. July 12:
The Lemhi County Sheriff’s Office reports nearly 200 volunteers show up to look for DeOrr. His grandmother (JM’s mother) tells EastIdahoNews it appears the two-year-old “just vanished.” Volunteer search efforts are suspended but deputies say trained professionals will continue to look for the boy.

Monday, July 13:
TV interview, Deorr’s parents explain what happened the previous Friday afternoon. They say they no longer believe he’s lost but think someone may have abducted their son and make a plea for his safe return.
That evening around 200 people gather in Idaho Falls for a candlelight vigil.

Tuesday and Wednesday, July 14 & 15:
Search efforts continue near the campground. Dive crews focus on the Stone Reservoir located about a quarter of a mile from where the family was camping. Deorr’s parents remain camped near the site as deputies search the creek once again and determine DeOrr is not there.

Thursday, July 16:
A representative from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children arrives in Leadore. Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn D. Bowerman posts an update on Facebook clarifying remarks on the search. National media are now covering the story.

Friday, July 17:
The Bonneville County Sheriff’s dive team is called in to help search the reservoir. Divers use a sonar robot to assist in foggy waters. Crews on horseback return to the hills near the campground.

Saturday, July 18:
It’s Deorr’s father’s birthday. He spends the day camped yards away from where his son disappeared. Sheriff searches continue.

Sunday, July 19:
It’s been 10 days since DeOrr was last seen and the campground has been searched a dozen times; still search the Stone Reservoir and the creek. No evidence has been found to “where” DeOrr may be.

Quotes from July 20th - http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/20...idaho-toddler/
What happened during the 20 to 45 minutes the child was alone is a mystery to authorities, said Bowerman, who noted "all possibilities" are being investigated.

"I don't look at them as suspects at this point in time," the sheriff noted.

Bowerman, however, said he's not convinced of an abduction, noting that no other campers were seen or heard in the area at the time of the disappearance.

"We don't have any evidence that somebody kidnapped this child," he said.

"We've literally torn that country apart and found absolutely not one clue." - Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn Bowerman
Lemhi County sheriff's officials said via their Facebook page, "After 10 days of searching, diving, and scouring the hillsides, the Sheriff's Office has decided to redirect the investigation."

Quotes from July 21st - http://www.localnews8.com/news/new-d...nz-jr/34281340
Sheriff Bowerman also confirmed that drones are being brought to the Timber Creek/ Stone Reservoir area but doesn't believe they will be used in the search. Instead the drones will be used to document the area for evidence if a trial in connection to DeOrr's disappearance is ever convened.

The sheriff also stated that at this time he does not consider the parents to be suspects in the child's disappearance. He confirmed they did take a polygraph test but didn't know when or if the results of the test would be released to the public.

Sheriff Bowerman also confirmed that drones are being brought to the Timber Creek/ Stone Reservoir area but doesn't believe they will be used in the search. Instead the drones will be used to document the area for evidence if a trial in connection to DeOrr's disappearance is ever convened.

More Quotes from July 21st – http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/local...port/30466883/
Despite intense efforts by searchers with tracking dogs on the ground and divers in the water, investigators have found no trace of the toddler, who disappeared during a family camping trip on July 10.

After more than a week of searching Stone Reservoir, Penner said he feels confident that they will not find the boy there, but says they still plan to keep checking it daily.

Detectives have re-interviewed everyone who was in the Stone Reservoir and Timber Creek areas the day DeOrr went missing. In addition to Twin Falls County, the Bonneville County Sheriff's Office has also been asked to help with the investigation.

July 24th - http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/local...race/30624055/
Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn Bowerman says the department has not ruled out foul play.

July 26th - Twin Falls County deputies are headed to Lemhi County to help in the search for a missing toddler. Deputies are helping to look for 2 year old toddler DeOrr Kunz Jr., who went missing while camping with family near Salmon, Idaho. Twin Falls County Sheriff Tom Carter sent Chief Deputy Don Newman, Lt. Daron Brown, Sgt. Dave Benefiel, and Deputy Jake Benson. They left last Wednesday, and took with them two drones, a Razor, and two 4-wheelers to use in the search. (source: https://www.facebook.com/twinfallssheriff)

July 27th - The Twin Falls County Sheriff's Office is assisting with our high tech drone technology as there is difficult terrain in this area that is virtually impossible to access by foot. The Lemhi County Sheriffs Office requested our assistance with their search efforts. We value the opportunity to serve the community where we live, and hope that we are able to provide the assistance that will help bring this search to an end. We like so many others pray for a positive outcome. We will keep you up to date. To answer a previous question, yes our guys left last Wednesday. We will let you all know how things turn out with regard to our involvement in this search. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers! (source: https://www.facebook.com/twinfallssheriff)

Above timeline from: http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07...ine-of-events/
For 911 call and parents interview see: http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07...-find-you-son/

courtesy of Niner's hardwork --- on the media/timeline forum for deorr http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Media-Timelines-and-Maps-**NO-DISCUSSION-quot

:thinking: My head hurts from trying to make sense of any of this........I am reminded of an incident that occurred in our family many years ago. My cousin and her husband were moving. They had one little boy, just a toddler at the time. Their house was full of people, family and friends, helping them move. It was a busy scene, and unfortunately during the madhouse, no one had their eyes on their toddler for a few minutes time. All of the sudden, my cousin turns around and says to my sister, "Where is Chad?" No one knew. For the next half hour at least, they ran around all over the house, yelling his name and searching. They searched the yard, everywhere. No Chad. It was complete panic and chaos. Just when they had decided it was time to call LE, my sister found him. He had gone into a closet, crawled into a big empty box, and fallen asleep inside it. He slept so soundly even with all the yelling and shouting his name it didn't wake him up!

So....could little DeOrr have been worn out after all the traveling, etc? The parents did say that it was near his nap time. In this scenario, he could have wandered off a bit and found someplace to crawl into and sleep like a hollow log or under a bush with soft grass. The sound of the creek may have lulled him to sleep. Then when the parents came back and shouted and screamed his name, he never woke up just like Chad did. My niece often takes naps up to one and a half to two and a half hours. If DeOrr did that, by the time he woke up, the search teams may have already been there, with many people running around.......perhaps he got scared....couldn't see his family..........okay, this is where my scenario comes to a screeching halt....... because I guess anything could have happened from there, especially if LE did not have the site secured. Just trying to make sense of this without any luck. Surely if he came out and started crying someone would have noticed him? I think I just debunked my own theory. LOL!!!!!

Aarrgghh...round and around and around.
imagegif

Other than the 911 calls, have any of the family's actions on the timeline been confirmed by anyone outside the 4 adults on the camping trip? It seems that some of the dates/times have been refuted in SM by a family member who was not on the trip, but claims to know the comings/goings of JM and DK.

I also noticed that and have been following that, but b/c of being victim friendly and the parents NOT being suspects, we have to take them at their word as well. That is why the "~" mark is used --- LE did not verify the sections that start w/ the ~ symbol.

Like I said, the person's actions would have had to happen coincidentally, and I don't believe in coincidence. One of the other things I have suggested is that Deorr wandered off and was injured and yes, Your suggestion is not without merit, except in that case Deorr would not have gone a great distance and his body would probably not have been covered up/hidden and most likely would have been found by now.

But wouldn't it also be a coincidence if a hungry mountain lion happened to be lurking, without being seen by anyone else?

I just read here something about a GMC/Chevy wizzing by...where did that info come from? And the Aunt posting something about a couple of trucks we should be looking for that were in the area when Deorr went missing. Can someone provide the sources of those two comments?

Coincidences don't usually line up in such great numbers as in this case.
Odd is the word for this.
Someone dumping those cremains in the reservoir (and I know the sheriff said the person/s who did so were identified/unrelated) and contaminating all of the water is odd. Odd coincidence.
I hope LE got the info from them as to exactly who they belonged to and date of death, etc. It's crucial, IMO, that they did.
Believe it or not cremains are not that entirely difficult to acquire. It wouldn't take very much of a sample to cause this contamination.
Hospitals, morgues all have crematoriums.
So that caused LE to focus on the reservoir/creek. For days, even w/divers.
The fact that the scene was not secure. Odd negligence/coincidence.
DeOrr's monkey, blanket and cup left behind.
Coincidence?
It just goes on and on. Yes it would take a conniving mind to scheme something like that up, but it could be done.
You would have to wonder if DeOrr was "awake" and "running around" @the campsite though.
<modsnip>
jmho

I would want local Native American trackers, they are the best at animal behavior and tracking and I am not kidding. You need people who have lived in these forests with this danger for thousands of years. Fact.

Now, I want to ask. Did someone visit the campsite to visit GGP? And maybe to see the baby? Someone the parents did not approve of but allowed the visit for '20 minutes' and then the sliver/gray/light blue truck flew past them as they walked back to the campsite and - no baby?

"Why would someone do this to us, knowing how much he means to us."

It suggests a connection to me. Is there any connection anywhere to a wanted fugitive, living in the woods with a cremated partner in a sliver/grey/light blue truck who might want to visit GGP and see the baby? Probably not. Or?

I believe it was an abduction. Maybe LE isn't giving you information, it is all for the perp's ears. I will always believe this baby is alive and pray for his safe return and until I see stone cold proof that this is not true, I will think positively and expect miracles.

Just my opinions. Yours may differ.

I could get behind this theory. Or maybe this person came to see Isaac. Someone he knows, who might have a grudge against the parents. Maybe someone who also has a record. Heck, maybe someone he met in jail. Could this person have little Deorr and the feds are trying to get him back? Does this have anything to do with not naming Issac until his name was already out? Just speculating and exploring possible new theories.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

"An aunt posts: "Little man is missing and has possibly been abducted. Vehicles to look out for is older light blue GMC/Chevy late 80s early 90s, also possibly a black truck - unknown model.""

http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/loca...-year-old-continues-in-lemhi-county/30058523/

See my post above about the light blue vehicle.

As far as it wizzing by, I have not heard that. I think it was hypothetical.??
I just read here something about a GMC/Chevy wizzing by...where did that info come from? And the Aunt posting something about a couple of trucks we should be looking for that were in the area when Deorr went missing. Can someone provide the sources of those two comments?

Back to my original post of the Pointman Ministries and the Mountain Men holding a Christian Stand Down in the Okanogan National Forest where a hundred PTSD Vets came out of the woods (Post #276) Those men had been living off the grid for years. If such a person, someone who has checked out of society like those vets had...were living in the forests in the campground off the grid, and saw a cute little child wandering around unattended and potentially in harms way. There is the possibility someone could have grabbed him. A couple of responses by members here, posted that they would hope that person would step forward to look for his parents...one reply said they thought that person would call 911. Another posted the dogs would have caught the scent.
1. People living off the grid do not have phones nor do they want one.
2. These people have checked out of the mainstream and don't want to be found. They want to be left alone and go unnoticed, isolated from society.
3. They live in total isolation and human contact must be avoided at all cost. It seems to me, that if such a person saw a cute little kid, perceivably being neglected and wandering alone in a dangerous area...they just might seize the moment for human companionship. A child so cute would not be a threat...but looked at as someone to love. An emotion they have deprived themselves of for years. Would they seek out the parents? No, they don't want to be seen. Would they call 911? No, they don't have a phone. Would there be a scent? No, the child would have been carried. Case in point. Look at the current report of the 'Last Hermit living in Maine': http://www.gq.com/story/the-last-true-hermit. This man is an example of someone who is doing just that...checked out of society living off the grid for thirty years. They are out there...hundreds of them across the United States living in the woods.
Just one more random thought from an old lady who wants Deorr found. Alive.

Local update here- no new thoughts/rumors/explanations being brought up by anyone who knows the family. I have been in direct contact with members of the family- official word is FBI is reviewing everything. This baby is out there and there are two explanations I'd buy at this point, one is a cougar. If you don't believe that a mountain lion could swipe up a 2 year old, boots and all, and silently run like hell I'd encourage you to google image "cougar hunt Idaho". These cats are easily 4-6 feet tall (hind legs) and likely over 200lbs. I can't imagine the majority of the wild cat population being unable to swoop in on a kid unsuspectingly. <modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties