ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder who or what "convinced" him that it wasn't an abduction. My thought is that he suspects something else. MOO And he doesn't suspect a mountain lion.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I am guessing they think he drowned or something like that and just hasn't been found yet. JMO

And let's not forget the drones that were brought in to take pics/search for evidence in the event this case should be brought to court. Anyone know what that was all about? Are the drones still searching for evidence, taking pics?

In a twisted attempt to keep interest alive in this case, the link below is about a case here on Websleuths where a grown man disappeared on July 2, 2015 and was just found yesterday on August 5, 2015. What is so interesting about that ? Well, they found his car idling alongside a road the day he vanished. They searched and searched and LE does what they do best....."we can't discuss this ongoing investigation"...blah, blah, blah.

He was found yesterday, a grown man, 130 yards away from where his car was found a month earlier.

The end.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...am-Garcia-42-Baylor-County-2-July-2015/page14

Well, dayum!

This was from the HUFFINGTON POST date 7-15
Not a thread....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/07/15/deorr-kunz-idaho_n_7801696.html

Also, is texas equisearch still around and why didnt someone ask them to join in? Thought it was interesting and disheartening to read the searchers are trained on the spot..

[h=2]History[edit][/h]Originally named Texas EquuSearch Mounted Search and Recovery Team, TES was founded in August, 2000 by Director Tim Miller after the abduction and murder of his daughter, Laura. It is a 501(c)(3) non profit, all-volunteer organization originally conceived as a volunteer mounted search and rescue group to assist local law enforcement personnel in searching the vast areas outside the city of Houston for missing individuals. Although TES has relatively few permanent members, many thousands of volunteers have since assisted in searches throughout the United States and in other countries.[SUP][3][/SUP]
Volunteers are typically trained on the spot when a search is necessary. The expectation is that volunteers know how to use the equipment they bring with them, whether that is a horseor a FLIR equipped helicopter. TES has gained a reputation as a well-equipped organization which can deploy on short notice resources such as radar, sonar, scuba diving or SAR dogteams, and vehicles ranging from all-terrain vehicles to boats to aircraft to remotely operated vehicles.

I suppose little Deorr could have wondered off and gotten lost, would have perished long before now though. :(
Here's one example of that, though it was in a colder time of the year and the little boy, two y/o Gage Wayment, was found six days later. He had died of exposure and hypothermia. :( His father had left him sleeping and buckled in his car seat, locked in the cab of his pickup for 45 minutes while he was scouting for deer. When he returned the Gage was gone. :(

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=95145

Another sad turn of events, Gage's father committed suicide after being arrested and charged with negligent homicide in his son's death. :(

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=92851

Gotta walk away for a while, all these tragedies are getting to me.

Just need to add, it dawned on me as I ran off to the grocery store how my post might come across, possibly misconstrued. So just to clarify, I'm definitely not implying directly or indirectly anything with regard to the actions of Deorr's family. Only wanted to give an example that children do wander off and get lost, which is just one possibility of several, imo. Thanks all for your patience :)

Maybe we can discuss 'victim friendly' reasons why these parents or others close to them might want to fake the disappearance of little DeOrr.

I don't think we've explored that route, have we? Many people are getting the impression that he was never on this trip due to the lack of a scent trail.

Could the family have gotten involved with the wrong people and this was an elaborate plan to hide little DeOrr while the family works with LE? It would fit with the idea of LE suggesting to the family to stay out of the media - if they want people (the bad ones) to think Deorr is lost and most likely deceased. Or maybe the bad people did follow them out there and wait for the right moment to strike and take DeOrr. Maybe LE wants the public (bad people) to think they are stumped but they are really working on how to get Deorr back.

Who would want to harm this family especially knowing how much DeOrr means to them??? Who wants payback for something?

Just trying to find other ideas to discuss beides those that have been put out there already.

~~I had kind of a similar thought (to myself) awhile back. Perhaps someone is trying to hurt the parents (for some reason) and are using taking their child as a way to hurt them..the ultimate way to hurt them.

"An aunt posts: "Little man is missing and has possibly been abducted. Vehicles to look out for is older light blue GMC/Chevy late 80s early 90s, also possibly a black truck - unknown model.""

http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/loca...-year-old-continues-in-lemhi-county/30058523/

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

~~Now WHY would she know such details of these vehicles??...Are there worrisome people out there in their lives that drive these?? "Vehicles to look out for" tells me she's looking out at these specific vehicles..possibly...like she knows who drives them.

Black truck might be from the store clerks description that someone had been in there with a baby and drove a black truck..JMO

Just need to add, it dawned on me as I ran off to the grocery store how my post might come across, possibly misconstrued. So just to clarify, I'm definitely not implying directly or indirectly anything with regard to the actions of Deorr's family. Only wanted to give an example that children do wander off and get lost, which is just one possibility of several, imo. Thanks all for your patience :)

What a sad case! It sounds like Search and Rescue couldn't find that little boy early enough either (I am assuming searchers were sent out as soon as possible). I wonder how Gage was missed, and how DeOrr could also be missed? Are children harder to track than adults?

I would go back to square one and start over. Search the entire area, again, for 5 miles out and bring in more cadaver dogs. If nothing is found after that, then hammer on the POIs.

In a twisted attempt to keep interest alive in this case, the link below is about a case here on Websleuths where a grown man disappeared on July 2, 2015 and was just found yesterday on August 5, 2015. What is so interesting about that ? Well, they found his car idling alongside a road the day he vanished. They searched and searched and LE does what they do best....."we can't discuss this ongoing investigation"...blah, blah, blah.

He was found yesterday, a grown man, 130 yards away from where his car was found a month earlier.

The end.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...am-Garcia-42-Baylor-County-2-July-2015/page14
Thanks for the link Steelman! How incredibly unbelievable! That poor man and his family.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

IIRC Noah Thomas's parents were very quiet.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I have seen postings from others that followed that missing child but I didn't. I will go and take a look. Thank you.

What a sad case! It sounds like Search and Rescue couldn't find that little boy early enough either (I am assuming searchers were sent out as soon as possible). I wonder how Gage was missed, and how DeOrr could also be missed? Are children harder to track than adults?

I would not say harder to track but I think they are harder to find. I have been concerned since the beginning with all the camo clothing, hooded sweatshirt and boots that he could be easily missed.

Again. Please if you are traveling to remote places with small children dress them as hunters do with the bright orange so they can be easily found.

Heck if a small child wanders it's even easier for parents to spot them easily before they get too far.

Was there a movie made based on this story? I saw one that sounds similar to this sad story.

I have no idea about a movie, but would watch it if I knew of one. TIA

His boots or his jacket pj's. Would be found if it were an animal. IMO

And I do not believe an animal attacked this child.
All moo

You could be right, but the other child that they believe was a victim of a mountain lion, they didn't find his clothing until several years later. And they were found by hikers, by accident. It was outside the search area, where no one believed the child could have ended up, in an area that was so steep and rugged they had to actually carry the search dogs up. If you'll check that link on my previous posts, that's where you'll find this information.

Apparently it's incompetence, Jules. I'm surprised they don't actually park some of the vehicles on top of the corpse while they're setting up the command center.

OMG! I just spewed my coke when I read this!

TO ILOKAL
I agree and I have stated all along I have no faith in the SAR teams due to what I have seen in the past in so many cases. Not that they don't try ..I'm not taking credit away from them but most the time from what I've seen the searches suck.

Well some strange phenomenons such as unknown, anonymous persons dumping cremains in the reservoir certainly doesn't help. That is the most bizarre twist in this case, IMO. Who could have ever thought, who could have ever dreamed up, who could have ever imagined such a thing... Stephen King?

Well some strange phenomenons such as unknown, anonymous persons dumping cremains in the reservoir certainly doesn't help. That is the most bizarre twist in this case, IMO. Who could have ever thought, who could have ever dreamed up, who could have ever imagined such a thing... Stephen King?

“It’s pretty disappointing,” Bowerman said to HLN. “Someone was depositing human cremains up there while we’re searching the area. It contaminates the reservoir and the entire area.”

Emphasis added by me. Cremains-gate makes me wonder if normal protocol was followed in an area of an intense search for a missing boy. Should not the campground and roads to the campground/reservoir been closed or manned during a search like this? How could someone walk into the search zone --during the actual search -- and dump cremains? Obviously the search area was unsecured -- is that not unusual?
http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/0...ack-campground-search-efforts-for-deorr-kunz/

“It’s pretty disappointing,” Bowerman said to HLN. “Someone was depositing human cremains up there while we’re searching the area. It contaminates the reservoir and the entire area.”

Emphasis added by me. Cremains-gate makes me wonder if normal protocol was followed in an area of an intense search for a missing boy. Should not the campground and roads to the campground/reservoir been closed or manned during a search like this? How could someone walk into the search zone --during the actual search -- and dump cremains? Obviously the search area was unsecured -- is that not unusual?
http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/0...ack-campground-search-efforts-for-deorr-kunz/

I certainly thought the same thing. Wouldn't there be LE around the reservoir? But to be fair to the LE who would ever think anybody would be up there dumping remains?

That has to be one they will speak of for years to come.

I always wondered if the elderly couple that LE was said to interview were camping there and maybe they were overlooked as far as scattering remains. No I don't have a link but it was discussed upthread. They were also reinterviewed I believe.

It's always that one detail that does you in.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member