ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be wrong but didnt LE say they offered to take polygraphs and he did not know when and if the results would be released..not that they had taken them already,..unless something has changed since I read that.

They did take polygraphs. http://www.localnews8.com/news/new-details-on-search-for-deorr-kunz-jr/34281340
The sheriff also stated that at this time he does not consider the parents to be suspects in the child's disappearance. He confirmed they did take a polygraph test but didn't know when or if the results of the test would be released to the public.

That is just one source, there were many others reporting the same thing.

I suppose little Deorr could have wondered off and gotten lost, would have perished long before now though. :(
Here's one example of that, though it was in a colder time of the year and the little boy, two y/o Gage Wayment, was found six days later. He had died of exposure and hypothermia. :( His father had left him sleeping and buckled in his car seat, locked in the cab of his pickup for 45 minutes while he was scouting for deer. When he returned the Gage was gone. :(

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=95145

Another sad turn of events, Gage's father committed suicide after being arrested and charged with negligent homicide in his son's death. :(

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=92851

Gotta walk away for a while, all these tragedies are getting to me.

Was there a movie made based on this story? I saw one that sounds similar to this sad story.

I found the movie I watched. It indeed was based on this story.
http://www.amazon.com/Angels-Crest-Thomas-Deckker/dp/B006ZT2M3S/

Looks like a book was written too.
http://www.amazon.com/Angels-Crest-Leslie-Schwartz/dp/1400076455

In a twisted attempt to keep interest alive in this case, the link below is about a case here on Websleuths where a grown man disappeared on July 2, 2015 and was just found yesterday on August 5, 2015. What is so interesting about that ? Well, they found his car idling alongside a road the day he vanished. They searched and searched and LE does what they do best....."we can't discuss this ongoing investigation"...blah, blah, blah.

He was found yesterday, a grown man, 130 yards away from where his car was found a month earlier.

The end.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...am-Garcia-42-Baylor-County-2-July-2015/page14

I was sitting here wondering if anybody remembers any other missing child case where everybody concerned was so quiet.

I remember the Lisa Irwin case but they gave interviews and had news people on their front lawn daily.

I remember Kyron Horman and we saw quite a bit from the parents. Only the step mother remained silent.

The Cummings and the Dunns were interviewed and appeared on several shows.

The Anthonys made the rounds but not so much heard from Casey.

Is it just WS and a few FB and analysis type people interested in finding what happened to little DeOrr?

This missing child case really puzzles me with the silence.
IIRC Noah Thomas's parents were very quiet.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

To do what your asking would require specifics. At the moments specifics are not allowed on that topic. Those who get too specific will end up disappearing themselves.

My opinion only

Lol....

In a twisted attempt to keep interest alive in this case, the link below is about a case here on Websleuths where a grown man disappeared on July 2, 2015 and was just found yesterday on August 5, 2015. What is so interesting about that ? Well, they found his car idling alongside a road the day he vanished. They searched and searched and LE does what they do best....."we can't discuss this ongoing investigation"...blah, blah, blah.

He was found yesterday, a grown man, 130 yards away from where his car was found a month earlier.

The end.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...am-Garcia-42-Baylor-County-2-July-2015/page14

Horrible.

Sheriff Lynn Bowerman says he's convinced an Idaho toddler missing for three weeks was not abducted.*

http://www.kboi2.com/news/local/DeOrr-Kunz-Missing-Idaho-320303121.html?mobile=y

There was also an article previously posted that said they do not feel this is an animal attack.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

They "do not feel" is a mountain lion size leap to they "KNOW it isn't"' doncha think? Is "feel" even a law enforcement term? Actually, Bowerman didn't really say he KNOWS Deorr wasn't abducted, he's just convinced he wasn't (but he doesn't KNOW).

The end.

And I bet those searchers swear up and down and left and right that they searched that area thoroughly? Have they determined COD? In cases like that, where searchers have thoroughly searched the area but didn't find anything - what is the explanation? Is it missing 411 type stuff or are people being abducted, murdered, and then placed back at the scene? Or sloppy search efforts?

I ommediately thought of Scott Peterson. I realize it was a missing wofe but a due any day baby was also involved and he showed little interest in that fact.

And I bet those searchers swear up and down and left and right that they searched that area thoroughly? Have they determined COD? In cases like that, where searchers have thoroughly searched the area but didn't find anything - what is the explanation? Is it missing 411 type stuff or are people being abducted, murdered, and then placed back at the scene? Or sloppy search efforts?

Apparently it's incompetence, Jules. I'm surprised they don't actually park some of the vehicles on top of the corpse while they're setting up the command center.

They "do not feel" is a mountain lion size leap to they "KNOW it isn't"' doncha think? Is "feel" even a law enforcement term? Actually, Bowerman didn't really say he KNOWS Deorr wasn't abducted, he's just convinced he wasn't (but he doesn't KNOW).
I wonder who or what "convinced" him that it wasn't an abduction. My thought is that he suspects something else. MOO And he doesn't suspect a mountain lion.

I immediately thought of Scott Peterson. I realize it was a missing wife, but that case also involved a soon to be born son for whom he showed little interest.

His boots or his jacket pj's. Would be found if it were an animal. IMO

And I do not believe an animal attacked this child.
All moo

That's not correct. There have been cases where some articles of the victim's clothing were found to be in the lion's stomach at necropsy; some found with only partial skeletal remains a great distance from where the body was abducted; and some no where near the body but a great distance from the abduction site.

I wonder who or what "convinced" him that it wasn't an abduction. My thought is that he suspects something else. MOO And he doesn't suspect a mountain lion.

In Post #570 the discussion is incompetent searchers then in Post #571 Bowerman is correctly convinced. I'll vote for #570.

In Post #570 the discussion is incompetent searchers then in Post #571 Bowerman is correctly convinced. I'll vote for #570.
Are you saying you don't think Bowerman is convinced it was not an abduction?

Or are you saying he is convinced based on a search done by incompetent searchers?

It probably will be a cold case. I really wished they put an Amber Alert out anyways. It struck me odd in the parent interview about JM comment about rumors. If there was a rumor or comment about the cashier seeing a 2 year old in the store the night that he went missing, wouldn't you take that seriously? Then the next sentence, JM says that she feels it is an abduction.
It's the 2 conflicting statements that bother me. Lots of people have black trucks.
If it isn't the 4 adults camping, it was the others on the top by the reservior (like the truck).

Are you saying you don't think Bowerman is convinced it was not an abduction?

Or are you saying he is convinced based on a search done by incompetent searchers?

It is my opinion that Bowerman is wrongly convinced based on the information provided to him by the searchers.

I also found it strange that he would discredit the sighting at the store at 6 PM as being them from 5 hours earlier. If it were me I would have been like uhmm this needs to be checked out etc. Now I do not know if they already knew the sighting was a mistake or what but it did give me pause to wonder. If I was convinced my child was kidnapped that would have been the first possible sighting of him right? Well, guess LE knows one way or another.

TO ILOKAL
I agree and I have stated all along I have no faith in the SAR teams due to what I have seen in the past in so many cases. Not that they don't try ..I'm not taking credit away from them but most the time from what I've seen the searches suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214