ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to speculate that the 'EMT' bag was used as an emergency aid kit by the family and taken to the campground for that purpose.

I agree that no one should go without legal counsel when involved in such a serious matter as a missing child, if for no other reason than to have procedures and laws explained. It doesn't mean you can't cooperate with LE it just means that when you have questions you do not have to rely on LE's answers. The lawyer is on your side, LE is on the side of the state and LE has lawyers.

Questions no desperate, innocent person would even think of. Oh and lawyers hired by POI's aren't there to answer the parents' "questions". They are there to shut them up as prevent them from cooperating. Because that's what good criminal defense attorneys are obligated to do to prevent the parents from incriminating themselves.

Idaho toddler missing since July 10 found in Minnesota - they are saying it's DeOrr but I don't see that it is. "girl" and age is wrong. There are several news stations relating this to the DeOrr matter BUT not the local channels I follow. If this is not related to DeOrr, they really need to remove the statements that it is.
http://www.kpax.com/story/29705896/missing-idaho-toddler-found-in-minnesota

It's a 16-mo old girl and her father. They are fine. They walked out of the woods the next day.

KPAX has pulled the article and indicates there was a mix up between the 2 missing child stories. Very shoddy journalism! Almost unbelievable, really, IMO.

This is absolutely inexcusable, the link I posted was pulled, too. How on earth do they not verify what they are posting? Can you imagine being mom and seeing that story and wondering why you hadn't been contacted by authorities? For one brief moment thinking you'd be holding your baby boy back in your arms?

This is absolutely inexcusable, the link I posted was pulled, too. How on earth do they not verify what they are posting? Can you imagine being mom and seeing that story and wondering why you hadn't been contacted by authorities? For one brief moment thinking you'd be holding your baby boy back in your arms?

I agree it was an incredibly irresponsible mistake. They put so much detail into that mistaken article. They sure fooled me and my blood pressure sky rocketed.

I could only imagine what the family would have thought if they read that. Wow. Just wow.

Im beginning to wonder now. This article would be so wrong if it is not stating things accurately.

Is this town anywhere near any of the towns we have talked about
Pocatello, Idaho?

http://www.ktvq.com/story/29706259/idaho-toddler-missing-since-july-10-found-in-minnesota

ETA: Ok, the link doesnt work again. I wonder if they are fixing it or something. Below is what I copied while it worked. I copied the whole thing and only listing part of it. Maybe they are correcting their aricle if they are wrong.

"MINNEAPOLIS -

The search for 16-month old Deorr Kunz Jr., the Idaho child who disappeared from a Lemhi County campground in July, has come to an end in Minnesota.

CBS affiliate WCCO-TV in Minneapolis reports that Kunz was found at a Stearns County campsite of five Idaho residents over the weekends."

Pocatello is about 45 min south of Idaho Falls, via freeway.

Talk about how rumors get started :(:( This is NOT a parental abduction story and the father and daughter were located the next day when they walked out of the woods.

It's obviously possible that this news story is also wrong, but it says right in the title, "Father accused of kidnapping daughter." Unless I'm much mistaken, that's pretty much the very definition of parental abduction. The story also says another camper reported them, not that they simply walked out of the woods.

Talk about how rumors get started :(:( This is NOT a parental abduction story and the father and daughter were located the next day when they walked out of the woods.

I mean no disrespect, but perhaps we are referring to two separate incidents? I'm pretty sure the initial story posted, based in MN, which has now been removed by the news station, was referring to the story I linked. However for whatever reason accidentally cited the Kunz child. If you have a link to share that I may have missed I'd love to read it!

I mean no disrespect, but perhaps we are referring to two separate incidents? I'm pretty sure the initial story posted, based in MN, which has now been removed by the news station, was referring to the story I linked. However for whatever reason accidentally cited the Kunz child. If you have a link to share that I may have missed I'd love to read it!

So there are three children who were missing in Idaho? And two have been located?

I feel very confused. DeOrr is still missing, poor little guy. I'm glad the other two have been recovered, though.

It's obviously possible that this news story is also wrong, but it says right in the title, "Father accused of kidnapping daughter." Unless I'm much mistaken, that's pretty much the very definition of parental abduction. The story also says another camper reported them, not that they simply walked out of the woods.

Right, and the camper who reported them was at a campsite in Minnesota. So, it looks like there are two little girl stories that are mixed up, as well as Doerr's story getting mixed up.

<modsnip>

I talked to my law partner- criminal defense attorney. I asked him if he was hired by parents of a missing kid who insisted they were innocent, but are POIs and simply want help navigating the system and getting answers, how would he handle representing them.

He said: no polygraphs. No DNA samples. No searches of homes or cars without a warrant. All questions are written and go through him.

I'm sure most of you can see how that would terribly hinder a missing person's investigation.

<modsnip>
I talked to my law partner- criminal defense attorney. I asked him if he was hired by parents of a missing kid who insisted they were innocent, but are POIs and simply want help navigating the system and getting answers, how would he handle representing them.

He said: no polygraphs. No DNA samples. No searches of homes or cars without a warrant. All questions are written and go through him.

I'm sure most of you can see how that would terribly hinder a missing person's investigation.

I hope I never have to deal with the situation, but thank you.

Here's the one I was referring to. I had just read about it an hour ago (didn't make note of the date) and thought it was the same case.
http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/missing-father-and-toddler-found-safe/

<modsnip>

NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.. nothing! I cannot see how it would hinder an investigation.. no one believes those closest to the victim anyway. Innocent people dont want to spend the money on a lawyer, often. They will say, "why should i hire atty Smith? i am innocent! Then it gets ugly..How did everyone "cooperating" help any( or this) investigation? There are always suspicions.. There is a LOT of LE and one of you ( the parent) get a lawyer.. jmo

I hate how the news has to be so instant in this day and age that verifying the information takes a backseat to getting it out there first.

Just sitting her pondering little DeOrr's disappearance and how so many people have become involved in the SM arena.

I was wondering if this case will become as large as was the missing Caylee Anthony?

MOO is that this will become similar to the missing Lisa Irwin or Haleigh Dunn cases as far as how it will run.

I believe a beautiful little boy or girl missing with an interesting case of involved relatives and perhaps the way they handle media plays a huge role in how these cases are received by John J Public.

MOO and just pondering thoughts.

If this case was going to be as big as Caylee's, it would have happened already. Deorr's been missing for nearly a month, and his case has barely gotten national coverage. It just doesn't have the elements to appeal to the media outside of Idaho. Deorr is not believed to be abducted, the parents are not talking to the media, LE is quiet, etc.

Wow, I can't believe how this reporting got so messed up. I remember seeing that guy on some website as "Wanted" , can't remember if it was the sheriff's FB page or where. But I thought it was a parental abduction case, guess it doesn't matter at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiasco331989