ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting you would say that. I think most of us think everybody has a car at their disposal but that's not necessarily true.

Something to ponder.

I guess my thought now is could a man and a 2 1/2 year old child travel that distance in four hours?

The guy was in a black truck no?

I was responding to a post that called children who are healthy eaters "drones" for being so. And if you do that math, it is not common for a child to have an eating disorder. Just because there are kids that do, does not make it common. I have not seen any posts about deorr being autistic, if he was, statistics for childhood eating disorders would change of course.

I did not say deorr was not eating properly --- one thing of french fries or candy doesn't make an eating habit. I was replying to a previously O/T post. It was bounced off people discussing whether he had baked or fried french fries, which another poster stated that kids wouldn't be that picky between the two and another said they would. I was stating my opinion on this matter. I would not be surprised if any kid were chowing down on any kind of snack during a family outing .. that's usually half the fun :)

If small town Idaho is anything like small town Montana, I'm thinking they don't bake fries! They're not afraid of a little grease in their restaurants.

Interesting you would say that. I think most of us think everybody has a car at their disposal but that's not necessarily true.

Something to ponder.

I guess my thought now is could a man and a 2 1/2 year old child travel that distance in four hours?

I think the sighting included a black truck, but that wouldn't mean the truck had to be at the campsite. If someone kidnapped DeOrr, he could have carried him a couple miles away and then got in the truck. Would explain what was happening in the 4 hours between DeOrr's disappearance and the boy seen at the store. Would also explain a dirty, crying boy, who might have been quiet earlier because he was gagged or thought someone was taking him to his parents.

It's 8 miles by road, but could be shorter through the trees. Even at 8 miles, that's 2 mph. A fit man, used to lugging a heavy backpack, could easily make that time carrying a toddler.

I'm not saying this happened. Just that if my child was missing, I'd do the math and insist that it could have happened.
JMO

Something to ponder.

http://www.usroads.com/journals/p/rej/9710/re971001.htm

RESULTS

I would say, personally, it takes me 20-25 minutes to walk, briskly, somewhere. So it would take me less than 4 hours to walk 8 miles! This is definitely something to look at! Good thinking RFK!

Carrying a child would slow you down, but adrenaline would speed you up. A search of the woods from the campground to the road, through the woods, would be a great idea!

If small town Idaho is anything like small town Montana, I'm thinking they don't bake fries! They're not afraid of a little grease in their restaurants.

That's how this whole thing got started. We were trying to figure out if they could have bought DeOrr fries at the Stage Stop or if they would have had to go to the Silver Dollar. I posted a photo and someone noted they didn't seem to have a deep fryer. I said they could make microwave or bake frozen fries and that I thought most kids wouldn't be too picky (about how their fries were made if the choice was baked or no fries). I said nothing about good or bad eating habits and/or good or bad parenting. I believe GoBison misread my post and didn't read the related previous posts. It was just a mistake, which has taken the thread way OT. The only reason fries mattered was if they were available at the Stage Stop or not. Whew!

The parents comments about why would anyone want to hurt them by taking the baby. Everyone knew what he meant to them. (Paraphrased). Who would want to hurt you enough to steal your child?
1) unrecognized birth parent
2) angry/ psycho ex spouse
3) jealous lover
4) underworld person you owe money or drugs to.
5) pissed off neighbor or relative
6) someone who thinks he's being abused at home

I've never seen baked fries on a menu either, I'm small town as well, we never really hopped on the health food trend, subway is about as healthy as it gets, if you can find one lol

The parents comments about why would anyone want to hurt them by taking the baby. Everyone knew what he meant to them. (Paraphrased). Who would want to hurt you enough to steal your child?
3) jealous lover

and out of these ... who would know you were at the campground (if he was taken from there).

Something to ponder.

I think we should explore this possibility (a man and Jr trecking on foot from the campsite). That could sure cause little Deorr to be filthy and bawling. The thing that would not fit though is the clerk's supposed sighting of a black truck. Is it possible that part could have been an embellishment by LE to shake something out?

If people walk an average of 3 miles per hour, it is reasonable to get the distance from the campsite to the store in 4 hours. He went missing at the earliest about 1:30 and for sure by 2:30. Store sighting at 6 pm works.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

3) jealous lover

I brought this up waaaaaay back and still wonder about it...Mom and Dad are NOT married, correct? And they have a child together.....This fact may REALLY upset some people...like it's just morally wrong....It's SO awful and wrong that they just had to do something about it.....just another random thought floating around in my brain.

I think we should explore this possibility (a man and Jr trecking on foot from the campsite). That could sure cause little Deorr to be filthy and bawling. The thing that would not fit though is the clerk's supposed sighting of a black truck. Is it possible that part could have been an embellishment by LE to shake something out?

If people walk an average of 3 miles per hour, it is reasonable to get the distance from the campsite to the store in 4 hours. He went missing at the earliest about 1:30 and for sure by 2:30. Store sighting at 6 pm works.

or they hoofed it through the woods to a place where a black truck was waiting..then drove.

3) jealous lover
Just adding to your list:

-A relative that had been alienated because of their checkered past.

The PI said that LE doesn't consider the RSOs as possible suspects. Maybe they have alibis, I don't know, but I wonder if they were given polygraphs. Probation/parole officers regularly use polygraphs to ensure sex offenders are in compliance, and if they were asked to take one, I don't think it would be optional. If LE didn't give them a polygraph due to this investigation, I wonder if either or both of them take them regularly....and when the next one is scheduled..

3) jealous lover

I said early on that their comments sounded personal, as if they were targeted. A stranger won't likely care how much Deorr means to the parents. Such a sad, sad case.

Just adding to your list:

-A relative that had been alienated because of their checkered past.

Combining Sassy's list with my #7 - and then as someone else mentioned - who of these people knew they would be there and when?

Who would want to hurt you enough to steal your child?
3) jealous lover
7) a relative that had been alienated because of their checkered past

I don't know - the more I explore this theory the more I think it is unlikely.

If one of the above did it, is there a reason they would want to be spotted at the store?

Also, there isn't much cover walking from camp to store so it would be likely they would be spotted by someone driving by.

Well, it's nice to be able to post again, lol. Good for me to have a bit of a break, however involuntary. :) I kept pretty up to date on the posts, and I think some of you folks might be onto something with suspecting the RSOs in the area might have something to do with DeOrr's disappearance. I wonder too if they worked in collaboration, if the female RSO really was the one to spread the ashes at the reservoir (I don't think we know that for a fact atm, but it would be chilling if it was her, trying to divert the attention of the search dogs). I got a chill when I saw that the male RSO had his home address given as the Leadore ranger station - his mugshot gives off mega creepy vibes! And that places him so close location-wise. It will be interesting to see what comes up in this case, whenever/if we end up being privy to more details.

I believe that whoever got the email back from the sheriff said that he said they were not suspects and that the rso @the restaurant/bar who was interviewed did not dump the cremains.
Anyone here remember who got that email in reply and was told it was ok to post it here? TIA
jmho

Thanks! I must've missed some posts.

Has this been posted? Sbm

"Detective Frank Vilt was critical of the Lemhi County Sheriff's office for failing to follow up on potential leads.* One of them was a tip from a woman who said she saw a boy matching DeOrr's description in Caldwell, Idaho.* The boy was with a man in a gold van with Oklahoma license plates."

Luke Jones talked about the case with Vilt today.* Tune in for more details with Eyewitness News at 5:30 and Local News 8 at 6 p.m.

http://m.localnews8.com/news/private-detective-joins-search-for-missing-toddler/34678944

Did anyone local catch the 5:30 or 6 news today? Just wondering about the reporter for News 8 talking with the PI. I can't find anything online yet.

The abductor would have to have carried DeOrr for most of that trek, if that was the case. Toddlers have bursts of energy, but little stamina or attention span for long walks. They could/would maybe walk a mile or 2 at the very most. And carrying a 2.5 year old in your arms for 10 miles would be very physically exhausting and awkward as well. I'd say this was possible but unlikely. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734