ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Combining Sassy's list with my #7 - and then as someone else mentioned - who of these people knew they would be there and when?

Who would want to hurt you enough to steal your child?
1) unrecognized birth parent
2) angry/ psycho ex spouse
3) jealous lover
4) underworld person you owe money or drugs to.
5) pissed off neighbor or relative
6) someone who thinks he's being abused at home
7) a relative that had been alienated because of their checkered past

I don't know - the more I explore this theory the more I think it is unlikely.

If one of the above did it, is there a reason they would want to be spotted at the store?

Also, there isn't much cover walking from camp to store so it would be likely they would be spotted by someone driving by.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

If you wanted to hurt someone as much as you possibly could, maybe you'd want to make sure they knew who was doing the hurting. Maybe. It would have been very risky but would send quite a powerful message.

The abductor would have to have carried DeOrr for most of that trek, if that was the case. Toddlers have bursts of energy, but little stamina or attention span for long walks. They could/would maybe walk a mile or 2 at the very most. And carrying a 2.5 year old in your arms for 10 miles would be very physically exhausting and awkward as well. I'd say this was possible but unlikely. JMO

Child backpack?

If an abductor took off w/DeOrr I believe they would have had their truck parked somewhere just beyond the initial search area. And then driven to the store, not walked the entire way.
If we can trust that sighting.
jmho

I feel the same way....a lot of talking in the interviews but not much information.
Also it stuck out to me that the parents did the exact time they placed the call. I know with digital phone screen we do have the exact time available. Would they have the clear headedness to remember the time? If someone was drowning in your pool and you called 911 would you remember the exact time you placed the call?

Not immediately, but if I kept referring back to my phone hoping for something, anything, that time might just cement itself firmly in my brain.

The abductor would have to have carried DeOrr for most of that trek, if that was the case. Toddlers have bursts of energy, but little stamina or attention span for long walks. They could/would maybe walk a mile or 2 at the very most. And carrying a 2.5 year old in your arms for 10 miles would be very physically exhausting and awkward as well. I'd say this was possible but unlikely. JMO

I'd say it's unlikely also. However a fully packed camping backpack usually weighs about 25-30lbs. Deorr weighs 28 lb. If one had a motive to take him, he would fit in a backpack.

Hunters pack big game out of the woods all the time.

http://www.gohunt.com/read/beginners-guide-to-backpack-hunting

Has this been posted? Sbm

"Detective Frank Vilt was critical of the Lemhi County Sheriff's office for failing to follow up on potential leads.* One of them was a tip from a woman who said she saw a boy matching DeOrr's description in Caldwell, Idaho.* The boy was with a man in a gold van with Oklahoma license plates."

Luke Jones talked about the case with Vilt today.* Tune in for more details with Eyewitness News at 5:30 and Local News 8 at 6 p.m.

http://m.localnews8.com/news/private-detective-joins-search-for-missing-toddler/34678944

When I click on that link, it says:
"One of them was a tip from a woman who said she saw a boy matching DeOrr's description near Caldwell, Idaho. The boy was with a man in an older model tan Buick with Oklahoma license plates."

Which is slightly different from your earlier post. Was that changed?

I'd say it's unlikely also. However a fully packed camping backpack usually weighs about 25-30lbs. Deorr weighs 28 lb. If one had a motive to take him, he would fit in a backpack.

Hunters pack big game out of the woods all the time.

http://www.gohunt.com/read/beginners-guide-to-backpack-hunting

Is there such a thing as an EMT back pack? Perp in woods with baby.. breaks into a truck steals EMT backpack walks to where his truck is parked..goes to store buys candy bar/french fries..This might explain the stolen EMT bag...Silly scenario but most of this has been.. so why not? JMO

"One of them was a tip from a woman who said she saw a boy matching DeOrr's description near Caldwell, Idaho. The boy was with a man in an older model tan Buick with Oklahoma license plates."

Has this been posted? Sbm

"Detective Frank Vilt was critical of the Lemhi County Sheriff's office for failing to follow up on potential leads.* One of them was a tip from a woman who said she saw a boy matching DeOrr's description in Caldwell, Idaho.* The boy was with a man in a gold van with Oklahoma license plates."

Luke Jones talked about the case with Vilt today.* Tune in for more details with Eyewitness News at 5:30 and Local News 8 at 6 p.m.

http://m.localnews8.com/news/private-detective-joins-search-for-missing-toddler/34678944

What the heck? Yeah it must have been changed because I copied and pasted exactly what was there.

There was Caylee Anthony sightings in several states. She lay in the woods where her mother threw her like trash. jmo

you might not remember the exact time you called 911 but your phone will show you if you look up your call history. so they probably looked later, and didn't cement it in their minds at the time of the call.

Is there such a thing as an EMT back pack? Perp in woods with baby.. breaks into a truck steals EMT backpack walks to where his truck is parked..goes to store buys candy bar/french fries..This might explain the stolen EMT bag...Silly scenario but most of this has been.. so why not? JMO

According to SM rumor, the EMT bag was stolen on Saturday (IIRC) and the sighting was Friday at 6 pm.

Wouldn't the abductor have to somehow walk back out of the campground via the road? It looks to me like going through the woods would take you straight up the steep slopes and it would be very difficult. Perhaps too difficult?

Interesting you would say that. I think most of us think everybody has a car at their disposal but that's not necessarily true.

Something to ponder.

I guess my thought now is could a man and a 2 1/2 year old child travel that distance in four hours?

They wouldn't need to hike because... The man has a black truck.

Detective Frank Vilt was critical of the Lemhi County Sheriff's office for failing to follow up on potential leads. One of them was a tip from a woman who said she saw a boy matching DeOrr's description near Caldwell, Idaho. The boy was with a man in an older model tan Buick with Oklahoma license plates.
updated 4pm MT time. http://www.localnews8.com/news/private-detective-joins-search-for-missing-toddler/34678944

They wouldn't need to hike because... The man has a black truck.
Maybe the hypothetical man with the 80's-90's light blue vehicle took him to the hypothetical man with the black truck. Or vice versa.

If an abductor took off w/DeOrr I believe they would have had their truck parked somewhere just beyond the initial search area. And then driven to the store, not walked the entire way.
If we can trust that sighting.
jmho

They could have parked their car on NF 105/Big Timber Creek Rd and walked over to the campground. It is only about 1/2 mile away.

Timber Creek Campground to 105.PNG

What the heck? Yeah it must have been changed because I copied and pasted exactly what was there.

It also changed from "in Caldwell" to "near Caldwell."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members