ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New news story ...

“When [the family] went into town the morning after they arrived, they picked a few groceries up and bought some French fries for DeOrr Jr.,” Vilt said. “There was a man who was staring at DeOrr and this made Jessica feel kind of eery. I’m looking into it.”

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/08/kunz-family-investigator-everything-points-to-an-abduction/

I'm confused about the timeline. Didn't they arrive Friday afternoon, and he disappeared shortly thereafter? Was the initial timeline wrong?

New news story ...

“When [the family] went into town the morning after they arrived, they picked a few groceries up and bought some French fries for DeOrr Jr.,” Vilt said. “There was a man who was staring at DeOrr and this made Jessica feel kind of eery. I’m looking into it.”

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/08/kunz-family-investigator-everything-points-to-an-abduction/

I'm confused about the timeline. Didn't they arrive Friday afternoon, and he disappeared shortly thereafter? Was the initial timeline wrong?

And adding to my own thoughts -- I wonder if they have video of this guy? That would be a HUGE lead.

<modsnip>

I am jumping off your post but I don't expect you to agree or disagree with my thoughts. This was just a good place for me to start because I do agree with you.

I don't know exactly what is going on today but my opinion of things hasn't changed. I really wish they would go search the area again. I also hope someone is getting the word out to campers in the area to be on the lookout for any clues. It is my belief that little DeOrr's body will be found in the area where they were camping. I really feel they will find no evidence of foul play and he will have died of exposure, starvation or thirst.

I don't understand why it is so hard to fathom that the searchers may not have found anything. It took them 5 days to find Jerold in Arizona which indicates that locating a missing person in a wilderness area is not as easy as we seem to think.

ETA: I also feel that sleuthing RSO's is a very dangerous slippery slope. If LE hasn't named them as a POI or suspect, why should we?

I bet now that the RSO info is out, we will hear a lot more from the parents.

The female RSO works in a nearby diner/cafe. The clerk works in the store. The businesses are about a mile from one another. I doubt it's the same person.

Actually, the store and restaurant are about 250 feet from one another. I also doubt it's the same person, but we've never gotten a full story on the store sighting IMO.

New news story ...

Sorry but I don't buy it.

I'm sorry -- don't buy what?

That there was someone looking at Deorr and it made Jessica uncomfortable. I don't buy that it happened. why is this coming out right after the RSO relegation? Why did it take a month for this piece of info to be released? It seems to be trying to make people think that this strange man abducted Deorr.

I think it's a leap to say the RSO is a ranger, even a temporary one. Maybe the ranger station is his mailing address or he's working there during tourist season. I don't see how they could give any job that requires contact with children to a RSO.

And where people can't lock their doors! Can you imagine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheriff: Evidence for missing toddler DeOrr Kunz turned over to FBI
By KBOI Web Staff Published: Aug 11, 2015

"Bowerman said Tuesday that everything has been turned over to the FBI, which includes interviews, recordings and physical evidence.

The FBI told the Lemhi County Sheriff's Office that it could be at least six weeks before it receives any information back from federal investigators."

http://www.kboi2.com/news/local/DeOrr-Kunz-Missing-Idaho-321484631.html

So the private investigator hired by the family says their child was abducted?

I would love to know what evidence the PI has to support an abduction, besides some random, possibly made up, man.

I don't see how any Ranger station would accept mail for a registered sex offender or why he would be in the park at all. Unless he was doing some sort of felon-back-to-work program.
This rso forcibly raped a minor.
The female @the restaurant/bar had illegal sex w/a minor on her 32nd birthday.
As for her, how could she have the audacity to think she should be giving an interview in regards to little DeOrr? Why put herself out there.
AFAIK rso's are registered for a reason-so that LE and the general public can be aware of where they are.
IF the male was doing some sort of work even for the summer he should be in compliance.
Maybe he is, as the PI said. Maybe he's been cleared.
I don't know. I don't think he should be anywhere within a mile of an innocent child.
Did the female sell those french fries to DeOrr? They do serve cooked food there.
Arrggghhhh
jmho

[h=1]KUNZ FAMILY INVESTIGATOR: EVERYTHING POINTS TO AN ABDUCTION[/h][h=4]LOCAL[/h]http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/08/kunz-family-investigator-everything-points-to-an-abduction/ 0 Updated at 4:08 pm, August 11th, 2015 By: Nate Eaton, EastIdahoNews.comSHARE THIS STORY

[h=3]DeOrr Kunz Jr. National Tip Hotline[/h](888) 852-6505

IDAHO FALLS – The family of missing Idaho Falls toddler DeOrr Kunz Jr. is working with a private investigator to help find their son.
Frank Vilt, a retired U.S. Marshal with years of law enforcement experience, said he’s been conducting his own investigation into DeOrr’s disappearance and he believes the two-year-old was kidnapped.
“I feel that he was abducted,” Vilt said in an interview with EastIdahoNews.com Tuesday. “Everything points to an abduction.”
Vilt speaks daily with DeOrr’s parents, DeOrr Kunz Sr. and Jessica Mitchell. He said the couple has cooperated fully with law enforcement.
“I’ve talked to Lemhi County deputies and I’ve talked to Bonneville County,” Vilt said. “The parents are being very forthright and have nothing to hide.”
Vilt has visited the Leadore campground where DeOrr was last seen. He’s also spoken with folks who live near the area and says he shares his tips with law enforcement. Just days ago he learned something he believes may be useful in the case.
Vilt says he has interviewed people registered on the sex offender list who live in Lemhi County and, according to him, all of them were cleared.
The private investigator has set up a national phone tip-line in hopes of finding DeOrr. The public is asked to call (888) 852-6505 with any information on his disappearance.
“I honestly believe in my heart of hearts that these are grieving parents and I want to hope that they feel like I feel, that somebody out there knows something,” Vilt said.
[video=youtube;-78P5ayOlRc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-78P5ayOlRc&feature=iv&src_vid=hjTsIZOVWvs&annotation_id=annotation_2122308307[/video]

BBM, the cremains being dumped in the reservoir has always bothered me for several reasons. Why then? Why do it during a search for a missing toddler? Why was she allowed to dump cremains during an active search in a missing persons case? Was the area not closed off to the general public as to not to interfere with the search?

I don't believe the person was "allowed" to dump the cremains. IIRC, in a news article it stated the cremains were dumped illegally. That makes sense - I don't think people are supposed to go around dumping cremains willy-nilly. It's not a good idea to dump them in a drinking water source or a well, for example. I find it odd that someone would illegally dump cremains in the middle of a search with hundreds of people nearby, including LE. Why not come back later?

The private investigator was just told about this man days ago? Sure sounds like he has been working on the case for more than a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member