ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On a Google search I put in "Ranger Station Fire Tower Leadore".

The site linked below says they rent out 2 old ranger stations and a look-out fire tower (Mid June - Mid October) in the Leadore area as seasonal cabins. The Yellowjacket cabin doesn't have running water and its only $20 a night.

I'm not sure how far this was from where DeOrr went missing, but was wondering if the RSO could have been living in one of these remote cabins?

On Google, the address for the cabins shows the same as for the Ranger Station.

Cabins:
The Salmon-Challis National Forest has 2 cabins and one lookout ready to rent. Reservations can be made through www.recreation.gov. Whether it is winter, summer, or fall, you can experience an historic Forest Service cabin or fire lookout. Once operated as fully staffed lookouts or remote ranger stations, these rentals provide an opportunity to live the life of a ranger or fire lookout.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/activity/scnf/recreation/camping-cabins/?recid=76008&actid=101

That just reminded me that my brother in Montana (Idaho border) once took a summer job manning a lookout like that. He nearly went mad being so isolated and had to quit, but in general summer fire help is a good job for a convict or RSO who might have trouble getting other jobs. I think people are recruited in that area of the country (and Colorado) to help every summer. No idea whether they stay.

Hopefully this link will work:

http://www.blm.gov/id/st/en/prog/fire/fire_recruitment.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was Googling seasonal employment at the Leadore Ranger District and came across a page where a woman was describing her work last summer (2014) which was based out of the Leadore Ranger Station. She said she was working on a project called PIBO for the forest service and was doing things like sampling and identifying plants along streams. Apparently this position included a lot of hiking, camping, and backpacking.

I know here in some of the forests they have old forest ranger cabins for rent . So anyone could be in those at pretty much any time. I dont think the rental ones here are actually used by the forest rangers anymore but just a thing to rent out for fun etc. Don't know about the Leadore campground area and how that one works though. <modsnip> QUestion answered above thanks.

I was Googling seasonal employment at the Leadore Ranger District and came across a page where a woman was describing her work last summer (2014) which was based out of the Leadore Ranger Station. She said she was working on a project called PIBO for the forest service and was doing things like sampling and identifying plants along streams. Apparently this position included a lot of hiking, camping, and backpacking.

I think you are onto something with some kind of summer employment that is peripheral to being an actual ranger. I don't know if a ranger has any legal authority but they definitely are an authority figure who calls the shots and makes sure everyone is following the rules. I hope to god we don't give that (albeit little) power to RSO's or anyone with a history of doing harm to others. Sheesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regarding my previous post about someone online describing her seasonal work for the Forest Service which was based out of the the Ranger Station in Leadore. The project is called PIBO EM (PACFISH/INFISH Biological Opinion Effectiveness Monitoring). I found more info, which sounds like if you get the job, you are provided with cheap housing:

Basic housing is provided at a fee of $3/day, automatically subtracted from pay. You will be based out of one of three bunkhouses: Ukiah, Oregon, St. Regis, Montana, or Leadore, Idaho

http://www.fs.fed.us/biology/fishecology/emp/employment/employment.html

Regarding my previous post about someone online describing her seasonal work for the Forest Service which was based out of the the Ranger Station in Leadore. The project is called PIBO EM (PACFISH/INFISH Biological Opinion Effectiveness Monitoring). I found more info, which sounds like if you get the job, you are provided with cheap housing:

Basic housing is provided at a fee of $3/day, automatically subtracted from pay. You will be based out of one of three bunkhouses: Ukiah, Oregon, St. Regis, Montana, or Leadore, Idaho

http://www.fs.fed.us/biology/fishecology/emp/employment/employment.html

Sounds like a job where youd be creeping around in the woods by the waters edge and nobody might even know you were there.

Arizona State Parks - How to Become a Park Ranger
www.parkrangeredu.org/arizona/
Park rangers in Arizona work to protect and preserve 30 state parks and natural ... Must be able to pass background check with no felony convictions; Must be able ... of Arizona does not have minimum education requirements assigned to park ...

This is horrendously bad casting.
Truly unbelievable that this info could be totally unrelated to DeOrr.
Surely, why would a monster like this one want to cause pain to any parent?
But they do, every day.
smh
jmho

(O/T, a question: has anybody here ever seen a case where a two year old child was randomly (or not randomly) abducted & murdered by an RSO? I'm trying to think of one but nothing is coming to mind. Tia.)

(O/T, a question: has anybody here ever seen a case where a two year old child was randomly (or not randomly) abducted & murdered by an RSO? I'm trying to think of one but nothing is coming to mind. Tia.)

Well would Sandra Kantu be one? I have wondered the same thing. How many pedophiles RSO's are in fact murderers? Or do they all have the potential to be? There are definately kids who are taken and abducted, molested and killed. Perhaps some of those hadn't been caught before to be RSO's?

I don't know of any cases involving a toddler being abducted/killed by a RSO. Plenty of older (in the range of 8-10) have been.
I guess lots of them are never caught.
If they never find DeOrr and this happened to him (not saying it did) then it wouldn't be in the statistics either.
Some RSO's are crafty creatures. You'd have to think the primitive nature of areas like the one near Leadore lure some of them. Leadore LE was said to have 2 phone lines. Where are all the children going that are missing from our National Parks?
jmho

Well would Sandra Kantu be one? I have wondered the same thing. How many pedophiles RSO's are in fact murderers? Or do they all have the potential to be? There are definately kids who are taken and abducted, molested and killed. Perhaps some of those hadn't been caught before to be RSO's?

The thing is that if little DeOrr was abducted by a RSO (or someone), he could still be alive somewhere...hidden away up in a some remote cabin in the woods.

JMO

I know there have been cases where a mom has moved an RSO into her life and her child has been assaulted and/or murdered by the offender.

The little girl that was kidnapped out of her grandparents home in the middle of the night was abducted by a RSO in the neighborhood. But it was not a random abduction. Can't believe I forgot her name. Jessica?

There are opportunity abductions however. The little girl who was walking home from school with her siblings and argued with them, and so she walked ahead of them. And was snatched by an RSO down the street. That was a random abduction by an RSO.

Now that I think of it, there have been quite a few. I think John Walsh's little boy was taken randomly by an RSO. Not many 2 yr olds because they are rarely alone.

I don't know of any cases involving a toddler being abducted/killed by a RSO. Plenty of older (in the range of 8-10) have been.
I guess lots of them are never caught.
If they never find DeOrr and this happened to him (not saying it did) then it wouldn't be in the statistics either.
Some RSO's are crafty creatures. You'd have to think the primitive nature of areas like the one near Leadore lure some of them. Leadore LE was said to have 2 phone lines. Where are all the children going that are missing from our National Parks?
jmho

Samantha Runnion age 5 is the youngest I can think of. That case still haunts me.

I know there have been cases where a mom has moved an RSO into her life and her child has been assaulted and/or murdered by the offender.

The little girl that was kidnapped out of her grandparents home in the middle of the night was abducted by a RSO in the neighborhood. But it was not a random abduction. Can't believe I forgot her name. Jessica?

There are opportunity abductions however. The little girl who was walking home from school with her siblings and argued with them, and so she walked ahead of them. And was snatched by an RSO down the street. That was a random abduction by an RSO.

Now that I think of it, there have been quite a few. I think John Walsh's little boy was taken randomly by an RSO.

Jessica Lunsford is the one taken from grandparents home.

I still want someone else to verify that there are minnows in that creek... I live in Idaho and minnows usually don't hang out in "fast moving streams". To me, it proves either 1.) The creek isn't moving that fast or 2.) The creek is moving too fast for minnows.

If minnows exist, it helps to give a little credibility to the family. Since they aren't telling us anything, to me, their credibility is ZERO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Escolada