ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would the parents say one thing in the interview and then tell the grandpa something different? It simply makes more sense that the grandpa didn't have everything in the exact order and it really wasn't important anyway regarding the disappearance of his great-grandson. He was telling a story with second hand information. JMO

I can think of some reasons. I am not ready to think the worst of either of these grieving parents. But it's possible, if they have something to hide, that they might want the public to think one thing while they were unable to hide the truth from a family member. (Or they might let something slip before aligning on a timeline.)

If they fabricated parts of the timeline, it might be really hard for them to both keep the story straight.

Still, with info going through gpa then the reporter, there is definitely room for some inaccuracy! That seems likeliest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sigh. Catching up so sorry if this was mentioned or anything. If the PI does know DeOrr Sr. and he is not certified as a PI (which I believe there are certifications for this, or licenses of some sort), would this mean that anything he says is merely speculation and opinion as opposed to fact as well? Like, yes if he states something in MSM we can quote the article, but because he's not officially LE, does that mean what he states is not true fact? In which case, he's not really adding much to any of the FACTS of this case in my opinion. Hope I'm not wrong or violating any TOS, just my opinion and based off of all the previous he said/she thus far.... Kinda like a rumor in MSM but that's it, no? :-/

Put it this way, I don't think he is forwarding any tips to the FBI that implicate his clients. And, regardless of where the facts point, there is zero chance that he is going back to his clients with the conclusion that he believes they are involved. I bet a large part of what he is there to do is to exonerate the family in the media and public eye.

Ramseys, McCanns, Anthonys, & Irwins all hired PIs IIRC, anyone want to add to the list?

Ok, so If i was afraid that LE was looking at ME.. I would hire a P.I. so he might uncover something else and present that to L.E. so as to steer them in a direction that doesn't just include me..That would be one reason to hire a P.I. Another would be that you might hope he would follow up on any stupid fear you have that LE and the FBI dont have the time to do. It bothers me that the FBI got into this so late..what ever happened to a tip line to the FBI? IMO, this was all being kept local, close to the vest, no media etc like it was just a family matter.. for a reason.. JMO

Put it this way, I don't think he is forwarding any tips to the FBI that implicate his clients. And, regardless of where the facts point, there is zero chance that he is going back to his clients with the conclusion that he believes they are involved. I bet a large part of what he is there to do is to exonerate the family in the media and public eye.

Thank you so much. I agree with this, and I am going to choose to be skeptical of anything he says in regards to this case. I am on the FBI boat now. I hope they have something they can use to figure out what happened. I am very worried this will become a cold case. I have a horrible feeling we will never know what happened

Thanks to those that linked the full interview. I didn't know about it!

There is so much to talk about from this interview but this is WOW IMO.

EIN: ..the GF, the friend, and um, thusfar, no suspects have been named. In the majority of cases is it, of abductions, is it normally somebody that knows the child? Or is it a stranger?

PI: Normally, it could be a, a, friend of a friend, of the family. Like normally break-ins, house burglaries, if somebody has been there before, and then but, is there friends there? With uh, with DEORR'S mom and dad, (clear throat) course they're suspect, in fact maybe they had a, there was an accident, and they decided to cover the accident up, because they couldn't explain the accident, so let's just bury the body and say he's missing, we have no idea...that, that investigation was a zero, that uh, there's no probability of that, so they want to do the people they have in hand first investigate because sometimes there are sinister things that occur.

Is THAT what their PI said BBM ??? I am in shock.

It always bothers me when stories change. This setting up camp is way different than going down to the creek to look around and leaving the baby by the fire with great grand pa. Setting up camp implies that they were at the camp site area. Maybe it's changed because the PI told them it looks less negligent if they were at the camp site? Also now the french fries, arriving the night before? Some old man may have been staring at the boy cause he looked like his grandson, who knows. But I am upset that the story has changed to me that is not a good thing.

One other thing, if they arrived the night before wouldn't camp already have been set up?

right... :waitasec:

RSBM

Tuesday, August 11 - Sheriff: Evidence for missing toddler DeOrr Kunz turned over to FBI
By KBOI Web Staff Published: Aug 11, 2015

"Bowerman said Tuesday that everything has been turned over to the FBI, which includes interviews, recordings and physical evidence. The FBI told the Lemhi County Sheriff's Office that it could be at least six weeks before it receives any information back from federal investigators." (source: http://www.kboi2.com/news/local/DeOr...321484631.html) [DEAD LINK]

http://www.kboi2.com/news/local/DeOrr-Kunz-Missing-Idaho-321484631.html [Link Fixed]

:thumb: changed it! :tyou:

The possibility that the family arrived Thursday night doesn't bother me. From my own back country camping experiences in the Northwest, it is entirely possible they arrived in the Leadore area Thursday night (as the PI seems to have stated) and then Friday they moved to the campsite where little DeOrr disappeared.

Why would someone move campsites? Maybe in the morning light the first site doesn't look so good. Maybe it's too close to the highway, or too close to another campsite or the neighboring campers are too noisy. Maybe there's no easy access to the river for fishing (this was the typical reason for us when we moved sites) or maybe it's a really "buggy" area (i.e. mosquitos). Maybe they got a late start and they just pulled off into a turnout to sleep for the night with the plan of finding a real campsite in the morning.

It's also just as likely the PI misspoke or he was misquoted by the media. It wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

This is what he said: "they went into town the morning after they arrived to pick a few groceries up"

"the morning after they arrived" not "IN the morning after they arrived" or just "in the morning" or "later in the morning"

The pharse "the morning after" means the next day.

There is no other interpretation, in my opinion.

So... do you all want me to add "might have arrived Thursday night" on the Timeline with a note: per PI interview???

:seeya:

This is what he said: "they went into town the morning after they arrived to pick a few groceries up"

"the morning after they arrived" not "IN the morning after they arrived" or just "in the morning" or "later in the morning"

The pharse "the morning after" means the next day.

There is no other interpretation, in my opinion.

In my opinion it can be read both ways. Won't someone please verify this for us?
Was it the people article that said they arrived at 9;30 pm Thursday. I read it on this recent thread but who knows if it's really true.

I can't believe we are one month out and we don't know what day they arrived at the campground!

"It's Elementary My Dear Watson!"

Exactly cause if you believe there is an abduction you would have been ok with nationalising this and going to sm to get the posters etc out there like Bee? cant recall her user name suggested while talking with the PI and he said NO Need or something like that about her suggestion.

In my opinion it can be read both ways. Won't someone please verify this for us?
Was it the people article that said they arrived at 9;30 pm Thursday. I read it on this recent thread but who knows if it's really true.

No, that came from FB from Jessica's mother...

Anyone know who the Mods are on this thread?? Bessie ??

Thank you so much. I agree with this, and I am going to choose to be skeptical of anything he says in regards to this case. I am on the FBI boat now. I hope they have something they can use to figure out what happened. I am very worried this will become a cold case. I have a horrible feeling we will never know what happened

I totally agree.

I dont want to have to be skeptical of the PI and the Sheriff but having any type of bias is just not good when dealing with serious cases like this.

When the alleged rumor of the Sheriff having some sort of tie to the family surfaced I just could not believe it. What are the odds that would even happen? I know it is a small town but they were not from that area so is that just a terrible coincidence?

When the sheriff was doing the investigating he never gave me a feeling he had investigated all the things that needed to be investigated. And he made one comment about riding up to the campground with the friend. Why would he ride up there together in same vehicle with him?

Things are just so bizarre to me about this whole case. I hope the FBI has more luck than the Sheriff did.

No, that came from FB from Jessica's mother...

Anyone know who the Mods are on this thread?? Bessie ??

That was the first I'd heard of a time. But I dont have FB so wouldn't know. I thought the notion came from the interview with the PI as posted above.

Agreed. When I heard the story of the strange man peering at Deorr and how J felt
uncomfortable, I'm sad to say, my suspicions now lean towards "was Deorr even at
the campsite", PI sounds like a spin Dr.

I guess I am jaded, I recall the Anthonys having a PI also. I will believe something if LE says it or FBI but for now I'm taking what this guy says with a grain of salt. JMO

The Smarts hired a public relations firm - The Intrepid Group.

Also, Mr Vilt was a candidate for the Idaho House of Representatives 2012. I'm happy he's offering his services to the Kunz family.

Mr Vilt (about 2:30):

"He loved his son, that was his son, that was his blood, that was his heart, that was his life"

Am I reading too much into all the past tense here? I find it troubling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l