ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow - Tylee Ryan - Tammy Daybell - Charles Vallow - *Arrests* #69

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any ideas / rumors / speculation on who the other witness today was supposed to be? Did something happen with them, or did they just postpone the rest of the day's questioning because of Lindsey Blake's absence?

The tweets made it sound like prosecution and defense agreed to postpone due to a death in Blake's family.

Thanks for posting those absurd Mark Means tweets, Indicolite.

Love how that Means thinks it's soeculation that the e-mails were genuine, when Kay accessed them by password and the hardware traveled from private home to private home- yet he throws around that the computer was hacked as if it is a fact.

And no, I don't think Lori committed a criminal act if she were an authorized user of the credit card. Oooohhh- you meant Kay? Nope. Not a criminal act. Charles shared his online accounts with Kay so she could help him.

MOO

MM's tweets... now, those ARE some criminal acts ;)

I really enjoyed watching Surviving The Survivor (youtube) analysis of yesterday's proceedings, with amongst other guests Lori Hellis.

Guest attorney Dr Tracy Pearson seems to think there was a tell in the defense opening speech that Lori's attorneys have some knowledge that prevented them from saying outright that Lori is innocent. Don't take it as fact, but interesting take..

JMO

Last edited:
Makes me wonder if Archibald chastised her about how uncaring and heartless she might be coming off to the jury. Justin Lum mentioned that when she came back, she was looking angrily at Archibald and sitting closer to Thomas - LINK
Good conclusion. She certainly seemed to be directing her rage at Archibald as opposed to being emotionally upset over death photos.

In a way Lori's trial might be easier for the witnesses than Chad's. Chad's attorney might be more obnoxious on cross examination than Lori's (Thomas apologised to Kay for not letting her speak freely). I think ZP's testimony will be as important as MG's and I'm intrigued about MBP and AB's accounts.

It was also said in the opening statement that Chad's neighbor will testify about being introduced to Lori only a week after Tammy's death. Reportedly Chad and Lori were all over each other by then.
Ick.

Saw this on FB. Thought it was comical. I'm guessing JA has his hands full

At the 57:17 minute mark, Lori has been heard whispering on and on, finally her lawyer snaps at her *Lori, I really need to focus here*!

"Lori, I really need to focus here!"

Interesting. LVD's attorneys have their hands full. Giving LVD the best possible representation while pampering LVD in the manner she seems to be accustomed to is going to be like walking a tightrope.

Ditto formerlyme's "ick" about Chad introducing LVD to his neighbor a week after Tammy's death. And, worse, Chad and LVD were all over each other at that time.

Surviving the Survivor

Thank you for the transcript of the call between Lori and Chad as Chad watched LE recover the bodies of the two children he helped to bury.

IMO the transcript can not show the black despair in Chad's voice as he told Lori the police was searching his property. He KNEW his life of crime was over and that his life was about to change forever.

On the other hand, Lori seemed not to grasp the significance of the police searching Chard's property, which leads me to wonder if she knew Chad and Alex had buried the children's bodies there. My opinion only.

Last edited:
On the other hand, Lori seemed not to grasp the significance of the police searching Chard's property, which leads me to wonder if she knew Chad and Alex had buried the children's bodies there. My opinion only.
Oh, I absolutely think she did. Just grabbing the first source that comes up with exact quotes (LINK)
Lori: 'Are you okay?'
Chad: 'No, they're searching the property.'
Lori: 'The house right now?'
Chad : 'Yeah, yeah [unintelligible]. So Mark Means will be talking to you.'
Lori: 'Okay. What, are they in the house?'
Chad: 'No, they're out in the property.'
Lori: 'Are they seizing stuff again?'
Chad: 'They're searching.'
Chad: 'I'm glad you called.'
Lori: 'Yeah.'
Chad: 'So, we'll see what transpires.'
Lori: 'Kay. What do you want me to do? Pray?'
Lori never asks which property. She never even lived at Chad's house, yet her mind immediately jumps to "the house" (rather than "the apartment" where she lived or "the condo" where they lived together in Hawaii). Why would she assume it's the house if nothing happened there?

Then she asks him to clarify (twice!) whether the police are in the house or not. What other option is there, besides the yard?

She asks if they're seizing stuff, but as soon as he says "They're searching," she has nothing more to say. No questions, no denial, no confusion. Just an offer to pray for him.

Oh, I absolutely think she did. Just grabbing the first source that comes up with exact quotes (LINK)
I absolutely think she did, too. My opinion is that she knew the call was being recorded and was 'carefully' trying to find out 'where' the police were searching.

"Then she asks him to clarify (twice!) whether the police are in the house or not."

Exactly!

To me, the whole phone call sounds as if it is in code and both Chad and LVD sound guilty as heck. I think that is why the prosecutors have emphasized that call so much.

MOO

Last edited:
I’m still haunted by Det. Hermosillo’s testimony yesterday about JJ’s autopsy, all of it horrifying. But one thing bothers me that no one to my knowledge has mentioned. If the boy’s arms showed bruising, as Hermosillo mentioned, I think that means the poor little boy was alive when he was bound with duct tape, possibly struggling. Does anyone here have the knowledge I lack to clarify this?

I’m still haunted by Det. Hermosillo’s testimony yesterday about JJ’s autopsy, all of it horrifying. But one thing bothers me that no one to my knowledge has mentioned. If the boy’s arms showed bruising, as Hermosillo mentioned, I think that means the poor little boy was alive when he was bound with duct tape, possibly struggling. Does anyone here have the knowledge I lack to clarify this?

I do not believe we have had any clarity on this, but I jumped to this same conclusion... a struggle. A painful struggle.

What kind of jury could ever believe that Chad was framed? Who partially burned a body elsewhere and secretly buried the remains on Chad's property that was overlooked by neighbors? Who used Chad's tools to dig two separate graves in the backyard where soil disturbances would be easily noticeable? Who planted body fragments in the fire pit? Who disappeared the raccoon that Chad buried in the pet cemetery?
I've always believed that his "raccoon" reference was how he was referring to Tylee being disposed of there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper