ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow - Tylee Ryan - Tammy Daybell - Charles Vallow - *Arrests* #69

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her defense team might have medicated her to keep her from a courtroom outburst was my thinking.
Can this even be done in Ada County?

It seems from a layperson's perspective, at least to me, that the permissibility of this tactic depends upon each jurisdiction and its individual laws and statutes... if this was already discussed at length in the intervening months on-thread, considering we expected she was already on mood-altering medication as part of her evals, excuse it please :)

I don't think she'll take the stand either. But there is one thing she can do that her attorneys can't: lie. If her attorneys know she'll lie they have to only question her on things she'll answer truthfully, though. She has to lie when it's clear that it's her own statement without the advise or involvement or questions of her attorneys. The attorneys don't want to be accused of helping her perjure herself.

It sure would be interesting to see what she has to say! I hope Tortoise is right.

MOO

Edited to add: I think the attorneys are trying to protect her from perjury by stressing mental illness. If she lies under oath and it is clearly manipulative, she's got an additional problem. But if she is delusional under oath, that's not perjury.

In 2019, IMO, she had religious delusions but clearly knew mortal law, and clearly could lie and cover, with full awareness that she was breaking mortal law, albeit with righousness per her delusions, IMO. That defense- she's not lying she delusional, woukd not fly with me for her 2019 actions.

I have no idea what she's like now.

MOO
I fully expect Leticia Stauch to make a run at the witness box, before I expect Lori to make one...

Leticia runs aggressively towards confrontation.

Lori, IMO, does not.

It also seems far more Lori to me, for LV to prefer hiding behind a man to explain her whenever possible.

Time will tell though.

It was interesting hearing the judge and the prosecution discussing the law that says gagging and binding LVD to keep her in the courtroom is allowable. We repeatedly heard that not too long ago in the Darrell Brooks case.

I had been thinking that JJ being buried with his blue blanket proves that Lori knew all about what was happening. I couldn't imagine either Chad or Alex doing that. But then, I would have to credit Lori with tender maternal feelings. And I am finding that to be impossible. So now, I can only assume that it was expedient to have JJ wrapped in the blanket at some point, to hide what was really happening. JMO. Pardon my ramblings, I need to go to bed!

It was interesting hearing the judge and the prosecution discussing the law that says gagging and binding LVD to keep her in the courtroom is allowable. We repeatedly heard that not too long ago in the Darrell Brooks case.

I thought about the Darrell Brooks circus too.
I think most rules and laws about defendants being present in the courtroom have to do with with poor and disruptive behavior, like Brooks, and how to ensure they are present in spite of it.
Lori just wants to bow out so she doesn’t feel any of those pesky feelings a mother might feel listening to people described the horrible things she either did or sanctioned to be done to her children. That’s one right she doesn’t get.

I had been thinking that JJ being buried with his blue blanket proves that Lori knew all about what was happening. I couldn't imagine either Chad or Alex doing that. But then, I would have to credit Lori with tender maternal feelings. And I am finding that to be impossible. So now, I can only assume that it was expedient to have JJ wrapped in the blanket at some point, to hide what was really happening. JMO. Pardon my ramblings, I need to go to bed!
I have an alternate theory about that blanket. I think poor JJ was buried with the blanket because everyone knew he went nowhere without it- therefore if the blanket wasn't at Lori's - he 'took it with him' into 'hiding'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
distrustHUMANS24